+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

harsh_makani

Feb 12, 2020
Hi all,
I have a question regarding what date shall i put in for Bachelors Date ECA report issued in EE profile.
My initial ECA report said only Bachelors and is dated 3rd Feb, 2020 and the updated, with Masters is 4th March, 2020. So do I have to update the Date ECA report issued for Bachelors in EE profile to 4th March?

jesc_jassi

Feb 16, 2020
but even if ielts open, not everyone will get 8777 or better. maybe it might take 2 to 3 times try. so chances of getting 465 and above is not that easy. also most of people come from india where ielts is shut atleast till sept.
Ielts will resume in Punjab, India from 16 th july got notification from idp and British Council

ecko199x

Apr 15, 2020
Hi,

Did I submit the EE profile too early? I have my FT job since 7/7/2019 but I submitted my express entry on 6/7/2020 and got the ITA yesterday. My question is whether IRCC considers my 1 year experience on the day I submit my EE profile or the day I got my ITA

Thanks

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Congrats to everyone who was been waiting since March for the ITAs from yesterday. I have also a score of 478, but submitted my profile later than February. Hopefully they do an all program draw next time as well, I think I would have a good chance to get it!

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Ielts will resume in Punjab, India from 16 th july got notification from idp and British Council
It will strictly be 50 candidates writing every week, Half of them will be academic for sure and not every candidate of the remaining 50 percent will come up with a score of 8777 upfront.
More than all, not everyone is willing to risk their health and write the exam. There is a very high chance that the person going for the exam might (I hope and pray that it must not) get infected and could be passed on to their families.
So safe bet is to write after at least situation settles or after a vaccine is being found.
So yes, coming back to the topic, even if they resume in Punjab, it still might not make much of an impact immediately to the EE table.
The majority of states are not running the exam.
Not to forget that this is not a definitive event, as there is still a chance that exam might be postponing analyzing the occasion.

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to apply for LMIA within Canada. I am currently with the same employer from last 2 years. I have a few questions as follows:

1.) I heard if we have PGWP it is optional to apply for closed LMIA work permit. If let say i apply for LMIA only (not closed work permit) and keep working on PGWP, then can i work part time with any other employer along with working full time with LMIA employer.

2.) Related to 1st question, initially i have choose to not apply for closed permit and have obtained LMIA on PGWP. later if i wish, can i apply for closed work permit without having to reapply for LMIA.

3.) Anyone applied for LMIA after March 2020 and got approved? Can you please share your timeline.

ivan360

Nov 12, 2019
Hi,

I'd like to share some inputs from someone coming from the same country.

APPLICATION:
>> No proof of funds needed during application, it comes after ITA.
>> Based on your timeline, you don't need to gather your financial data now, what you need to do is start saving so you can meet the minimum monetary requirements and have some left over, I think it's about 14,000 CAD this year (show money if you will). Get the bank accounts later.
>> I do not have immigration consultant. Based on the IRCC's website it seems you don't need one, assuming you're confident enough with your points.

IELTS:
>> I took my IELTS with British Council in BGC last March. CLB10 in speaking, writing and reading, CLB9 in listening. Personally I am happy with their service.
>> When you take either British Council or IDP, they will provide FREE online content and seminars and workshops, and when you attend those, they tend to focus a lot in writing; according to British Council statistically us Filipinos find writing the most difficult. Me personally, I find listening the most challenging simply because it tests not only your English skills but also focusing skills. Then again I have a good affinity for English even when I was young, so take it as it is.
>> As for training: listening and reading is something you can train for yourself, there are a lot of online content available for this, not just sample tests, but podcasts and articles to test your English comprehension. But for speaking and writing, I suggest to have your skills professionally evaluated. I took a few writing and speaking evaluations online, and my recommendation would be to go for ipassielts, they are not the cheapest out there but they are not the most expensive either, and I find their evaluations reasonably priced and very close to my final score. It took me 3 months to prepare for my exam. At the end of the day though, practice is the key.

EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT:
>> I paid for my WES assessment September last year, sent the transcripts in October and got my result in December. There's COVID these days so your mileage may vary.
>> WES has an online assessment tool, so you can preview what would the result be even before you send it. https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/
>> I got my Master's Degree from Mapua, and WES accredited it as a Master's Equivalent in Canada. My Bachelor's Degree from UST was also accredited as Bachelor's Equivalent in Canada. I've checked both with WES by the way even before sending my transcripts, so I'm confident of my evaluation even before the final assessment arrived.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it in the last round of invitations though, my EE profile was created in March, and the cut-off was February. Anyway good luck to us.
Did you get additional points for your degree from UST or just the Master's Degree?

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Did you get additional points for your degree from UST or just the Master's Degree?
I only got the additional points from my Master's. To be frank, I just included my Bachelor's degree because I want to get most of the service, and well to be safe. The price is the same I think whether you send 1 or 2 transcripts. Sending both my transcripts, means I get two degree evaluations for the price of one. But for practicality's sake, I think sending only my Master's degree would be enough.

ivan360

Nov 12, 2019
I only got the additional points from my Master's. To be frank, I just included my Bachelor's degree because I want to get most of the service, and well to be safe. The price is the same I think whether you send 1 or 2 transcripts. Sending both my transcripts, means I get two degree evaluations for the price of one. But for practicality's sake, I think sending only my Master's degree would be enough.
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that there would be additional points for that like having two degrees.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that there would be additional points for that like having two degrees.
Oh, I think it depends on your case:

Bachelor's degree : 112
Two or more degrees (less than Master's): 119
Master's degree: 126
Phd: 140

The +50 bonus for the CLB9+ score applies to: two or more degrees, master's and PhD. For a single bachelor's degree, I think it's just +25 bonus. If you have two bachelor's degree, you should send both to be qualified for the "Two or more degrees" category and secure the CLB9 bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.