Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Congrats for the applicants who got ITA today! I missed it due to the tie breaking rule. However, I expect that the cut off score will drop significantly in the few coming draws maybe to something around 465 before IELTS and evaluation reports catch up, then the cut off score will increase again!
What do you think guys?
The score will surely drop. how much will it do, I don’t know. But it will drop far below 478.

CECs have created their own thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ray-of-hope-cec.693605/

I hope we refrain from spreading any negativity there.

Anigow1234

May 28, 2020
I have actually applied to Oinp 7 days ago. Is it better to withdraw this application and go directly by EE? My oinp application is still in submitted status, so I think I can have my money back.
Hey, I have been watching the forum for a while now. And to give a shirt summary of our journey. Our Wes took 4-5 months for completion and we entered the pool in November 2019 with a score of 467. There were no draws below 470 since then.
However, when we started losing hope, we got OINP letter of interest in feb...we took it up because there was no way we would get an ita with 467.
We got the nomination in June.

Just an advice - it's really hard to predict the scores now, I think if you've OINP in hand, you should go for it.
Better to earn that back, than regret.

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
I have 475. I am planning on re-writing IELTS if the score doesn't decrease the next time. Is it an overreaction on my part?

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
I have 475. I am planning on re-writing IELTS if the score doesn't decrease the next time. Is it an overreaction on my part?
If you can spare a few hundred dollars and you're confident you'll get a higher IELTS score, why not? Better on the safe side since things aren't predictable at all this year. Who can say for sure there'll be another FSW draw in two weeks?

Reactions: hydrizxcv

Jun 26, 2020
I started watching videos about IELTS and got scared on Speaking part! There are times when I speak, I get emotional or nervous. Sometimes, when I try to formulate ideas in my head, I tend to feel pressure because my English is limited. Haha.

I'm planning to take IELTS by the end of the year.

I am considering British Council... are they good?

From what I read, there are two ways to do the examination: Written or Computerised. Which one is better?

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
If you can spare a few hundred dollars and you're confident you'll get a higher IELTS score, why not? Better on the safe side since things aren't predictable at all this year. Who can say for sure there'll be another FSW draw in two weeks?
Yes, that's my thinking as well. Do we have a convenient way of finding the nearest open IELTS centers? In the https://www.ieltsusatest.org/IELTS website it is asking us to choose every single city to check if they are open now. Is there a list of open IELTS centers somewhere?

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Okay. I don't agree but I cannot find any test center near me. All of them closed. The only IELTS test center operating seems to be in Portland, OR which seems to be a cross country drive or a flight (scared due to COVID19) so I am probably not booking anything now.

Reactions: dan_8

Praveen32

Jun 23, 2020
Congratulations everyone for the resumption of FSWs ... we all have been eagerly awaiting for this day ..happy for everyone who have received invitations

guys ... let’s keep this thread active as we need each other’s help for information..
Now the actual test will begin now .. how many new profiles would enter the pool during this era ? The next draw will provide us with answers....

Keeping my fingers crossed .. way below at 456!! Let’s be positive

Reactions: dan_8 and 7574323

Praveen32

Jun 23, 2020
Let’s remain positive as positive thoughts attracts good things. I wish that all the 470s to receive their ITAs as soon as possible. They must have been on the edge esp the past 3/4 months !

Jun 26, 2020
Congratulations everyone for the resumption of FSWs ... we all have been eagerly awaiting for this day ..happy for everyone who have received invitations

guys ... let’s keep this thread active as we need each other’s help for information..
Now the actual test will begin now .. how many new profiles would enter the pool during this era ? The next draw will provide us with answers....

Keeping my fingers crossed .. way below at 456!! Let’s be positive
Hopefully they will consider applicants with CRS score of 410+, although it's very unlikely haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.