+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zan*

Jan 8, 2020
Hey, I have been watching the forum for a while now. And to give a shirt summary of our journey. Our Wes took 4-5 months for completion and we entered the pool in November 2019 with a score of 467. There were no draws below 470 since then.
However, when we started losing hope, we got OINP letter of interest in feb...we took it up because there was no way we would get an ita with 467.
We got the nomination in June.

Just an advice - it's really hard to predict the scores now, I think if you've OINP in hand, you should go for it.
Better to earn that back, than regret.
Hi Anigow, what is your NOC if you don't mind? And do you have Canadian education or work experience? How lucky for you to receive an OINP from Ontario. Best of luck in your journey :)

Anigow1234

May 28, 2020
Hi,
We're knew to the process, and have a PNP nomination and hence got an ita today. However, I know this may sound silly, but does the profile validity still count?
Our profile is valid till November, so is it so that we have to a get a or by then?!
Or else our profile will be invalid. Or is it so that the EE profile validity no longer counts?

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi sorry to bother you all. I just received my ITA today. When I was reviewing / double checking my application, I found I made a mistake on the NOC for one of my work experience - this is not my NOC for primary occupation. I selected 0124 while now I think it should be 1123 given the job was more entry level (right after college).

I saw some people have submitted LOE (letter of explanation) to IRCC with the work reference letter asking to switch NOC. Can I also do that? Or would you recommend me rather withdrawing?

Thank you so much for your time!

Anigow1234

May 28, 2020
Hi Anigow, what is your NOC if you don't mind? And do you have Canadian education or work experience? How lucky for you to receive an OINP from Ontario. Best of luck in your journey :)
Hi, thank you so much :). NOC is 0111.
And no, no Canadian experience. Was pleasantly surprised to receive an NOI from Ontario in Feb-March. Must say, OINP was very kind and attended to all our requests very patiently. We submitted our OINP application after 2 months from the deadline due to covid circumstances. They still granted and considered our case and processed our application in 25 days. Goodluck to you too!

kunalkardam

Jan 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Finally, my friends. Months of waiting in patience have been an over for me.

For those who are still waiting, the cut-off will drop in the next rounds. I will stay here to support you guys. We will make it through this together.
I hope they continue with FSW draws or rather all program draws and don't let this to be a one off thing. Thanks for your support.

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Received ITA today morning... at least the draws the happening...congrats to everyone who have received an invite..:)
what was the cut off for this draw? anyone?

Jun 26, 2020
[Long post but I hope you will take time to read this]

Good afternoon, everyone. I hope you’re all doing great! :)
I really REALLY want to start a new life in Canada and as early as now, I’m gathering all the necessary information I can obtain to ensure that my application (should everything go as planned) will be smooth. To be honest, I find FSW process to be tricky because you have lots of requirements and information to gather even though there is no guarantee you will receive an ITA because of the CRS score. I really don’t know where to begin! I would like to apologise now if some of my questions are odd or illogical but I am hoping you guys will help me. Please.

Here are some of my details:
Country of origin: PH
Highest education attained: Bachelor’s Degree (here in my country, I'm not sure what will be assessment but I am hoping for the best)
Field of study: Computer Science
Current job: Visual Designer
Years of work experience in current job: 1 year, 4 months as of this writing (I started on March 2019)
Relationship status: Single
Target province: BC (all my relatives are there)

EE Profile planned registration date: December 2020
IELTS: Planned examination date: November 2020
Education assessment: Planned request of documents and submission for assessment: Between August and September 2020

Here are my questions

APPLICATION
  • My aunt told me that once I apply for FSW, they will give me a “guarantor letter”, indicating they will support me while I am in Canada should this venture successful… I haven't seen that in the requirements, but will it help? At all?
  • How did proof of funds helped you in your application? I am single so I will be the only applicant.
  • Based on the dates I’ve provided, when should I start gathering my financial data (banking statements, etc)?
  • Should I seek advice to an immigration consultant?
WORK / WORK EXPERIENCE
  • Will they consider Visual Designer as Graphic Designer (NOC 5241)?
  • One of the minimum requirements for FSW is you have at least 1 year of experience in your current occupation, but many people are saying that you should have at least 2 years… I’m planning to apply by the end of the year which will give me 16+ months of work experience… will that be okay?
FINDING A JOB IN CANADA
  • How difficult is it to apply for a Canadian job or even, obtain a job offer for someone who is living outside of Canada?
  • Which job portal do you think is the best?
  • How many job applications should I send in a day?
  • I am eyeing for BC Tech Pilot PNP because it looks promising (no IELTS and proof of funds needed!) but there are catches:
    • Some of its requirements include a job offer and 2 years of work experience
    • I’m planning to apply for jobs in December but on that time, my work experience won’t be 2 years yet. Should I still look for jobs?
    • In relation to the last question, the BC Tech Pilot PNP is until July 2021 only… is it right to start seeking jobs on December this year or is it too little too late?
IELTS
Again, when I researching about the examination, I felt intense pressure I find it difficult and I’m not a bookworm! I'm scared I might not meet the standards...
  • How difficult is the IELTS exam?
  • In your experience, which section of the exam you think is the most difficult?
  • Should I go to a review centre or is self-studying enough?
  • Which testing centre would you prefer? British Council or IDP?
  • Any tips to ace IELTS?

EDUCATION ASSESSMENT
  • In your experience, how long does it take to obtain your education assessment from WES or IQAS?
  • Which education assessing body is better? WES or IQAS? Or should I send my Degree record to both?

That’s all for now… There will be more questions in the coming weeks. I’m looking forward to your responses! No trolling and negativity please.

Thank you! :)

P.S.
I tried simulating my CRS score and they're between 372 and 416 (highest) due to the following factors: Work experience, IELTS (simulated Band 7 - Band 9), No job offer.
With the score trend, even if I get a job offer, receiving an ITA still feels like a far-fetched dream that's why I'm really targeting that Tech Pilot PNP.

Last edited:

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
[Long post but I hope you will take time to read this]

Good afternoon, everyone. I hope you’re all doing great! :)
I really REALLY want to start a new life in Canada and as early as now, I’m gathering all the necessary information I can obtain to ensure that my application (should everything go as planned) will be smooth. To be honest, I find FSW process to be tricky because you have lots of requirements and information to obtain even though there is no guarantee you will receive an ITA because of the CRS score. I really don’t know where to begin! I would like to apologise now if some of my questions are odd or illogical but I am hoping you guys will help me. Please.

Here are some of my details:
Country of origin: PH
Highest education attained: Bachelor’s Degree (here in my country, I'm not sure what will be assessment but I am hoping for the best)
Field of study: Computer Science
Current job: Visual Designer
Relationship status: Single
Years of experience: 1 year, 4 months as of this writing (I started on March 2019)
Target province: BC (all my relatives are there)

EE Profile planned registration date: December 2020
IELTS: Planned examination date: November 2020
Education assessment: Planned request of documents: Between August and September 2020

Here are my questions

APPLICATION
  • My aunt told me that once I apply for FSW, they will give me a “guarantor letter”, indicating they will support me while I am in Canada should this venture successful… will it help? At all?
  • How did proof of funds helped you in your application? I am single so I will be the only applicant.
  • Based on the dates I’ve provided, when should I start gathering my financial data (banking statements, etc)?
  • Should I seek advice to an immigration consultant?
WORK / WORK EXPERIENCE
  • Will they consider Visual Designer as Graphic Designer (NOC 5241)?
  • One of the minimum requirements for FSW is you have at least 1 year of experience in your current occupation, but many people are saying that you should have at least 2 years… I’m planning to apply by the end of the year which will give me 16+ months of work experience… will that be okay?
FINDING A JOB IN CANADA
  • How difficult is it to apply for a Canadian job or even, obtain a job offer for someone who is living outside of Canada?
  • Which job portal do you think is the best?
  • How many job applications should I send in a day?
  • I am eyeing for BC Tech Pilot PNP because it looks promising (no IELTS and proof of funds needed!) but there are catches:
    • Some of its requirements include a job offer and 2 years of work experience
    • I’m planning to apply for jobs in December but on that time, my work experience won’t be 2 years yet. Should I still look for jobs?
    • In relation to the last question, the BC Tech Pilot PNP is until July 2021 only… is it right to start seeking jobs on December this year or is it too little too late?
IELTS
Again, when I researching about the examination, I felt intense pressure I find it difficult and I’m not a bookworm! I'm scared I might not meet the standards...
  • How difficult is the IELTS exam?
  • In your experience, which section of the exam you think is the most difficult?
  • Should I go to a review centre or is self-studying enough?
  • Which testing centre would you prefer? British Council or IDP?
  • Any tips to ace IELTS?

EDUCATION ASSESSMENT
  • In your experience, how long does it take to obtain your education assessment from WES or IQAS?
  • Which education assessing body is better? WES or IQAS? Or should I send my Degree record to both?

That’s all for now… There will be more questions in the coming weeks. I’m looking forward to your responses! No trolling and negativity please.

Thank you! :)
- I think you need a Master's degree nowadays to have a good shot. It's difficult to get in without a Master's degree but since you have relatives in Canada it might compensate for your lack of a Master's degree. So first calculate your CRS score here and assume good IELTS scores and post it.. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Then calculate it with a Master's degree.
Realistically you need to have 470s to get an ITA (invitation to apply)
If you are nowhere near the 470 level you should consider doing a Master's degree.
If you decide to pursue a Master's degree to immigrate to Canada and the cost of the degree in your country is not that different from Canada, then you should definitely pursue a Master's degree in Canada.
- NOC is what you feel is the closest approximation to your job title. Visual designer sounds close enough to be a Graphic designer.
- WES is the best.
- I got a CLB 9+ band score without preparing & I consider my fluency in English above average.

Jun 26, 2020
- I think you need a Master's degree nowadays to have a good shot. It's difficult to get in without a Master's degree but since you have relatives in Canada it might compensate for your lack of a Master's degree. So first calculate your CRS score here and assume good IELTS scores and post it.. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
If you are nowhere near the 470 level you should consider doing a Master's degree.
If you decide to pursue a Master's degree to immigrate to Canada and the cost of the degree in your country is not that different from Canada, then you should definitely pursue a Master's degree in Canada.
- NOC is what you feel is the closest approximation to your job title. Visual designer sounds close enough to be a Graphic designer.
- WES is the best.
- I got a CLB 9+ band score without preparing & I consider my fluency in English above average.
Gosh my post was placed to Moderator Approval. :/

Thank you for your response.

"I think you need a Master's degree nowadays to have a good shot. It's difficult to get in without a Master's degree but since you have relatives in Canada it might compensate for your lack of a Master's degree. So first calculate your CRS score here and assume good IELTS scores and post it.. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
If you are nowhere near the 470 level you should consider doing a Master's degree."

I tried to calculate my score with Master's Degree and here's there result I got: 456
Factors include:
- IELTS CLB 9
- 1 year work exeperience
- age (between 21-26)

Yes obtaining a Master's Degree will make a lot of difference, with the nature of my work and my financial status, I guess it won't going to be an option for now... I find it to be time-consuming to be honest. Maybe I'm rushing myself to go there.

"NOC is what you feel is the closest approximation to your job title. Visual designer sounds close enough to be a Graphic designer."
I guess they are related to each other, what I'm doing right now is similar to what a Graphic Designer do.

"WES is the best."
Many people are recommending WES too... should I consider IQAS too in case the WES assessment will be unfavourable?

"I got a CLB 9+ band score without preparing & I consider my fluency in English above average."
Wow! I wish I could achieve CLB 9 haha. But I have to prepare a lot.

EricD

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Gosh my post was placed to Moderator Approval. :/

Thank you for your response.

"I think you need a Master's degree nowadays to have a good shot. It's difficult to get in without a Master's degree but since you have relatives in Canada it might compensate for your lack of a Master's degree. So first calculate your CRS score here and assume good IELTS scores and post it.. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
If you are nowhere near the 470 level you should consider doing a Master's degree."

I tried to calculate my score with Master's Degree and here's there result I got: 456
Factors include:
- IELTS CLB 9
- 1 year work exeperience
- age (between 21-26)

Yes obtaining a Master's Degree will make a lot of difference, with the nature of my work and my financial status, I guess it won't going to be an option for now... I find it to be time-consuming to be honest. Maybe I'm rushing myself to go there.

"NOC is what you feel is the closest approximation to your job title. Visual designer sounds close enough to be a Graphic designer."
I guess they are related to each other, what I'm doing right now is similar to what a Graphic Designer do.

"WES is the best."
Many people are recommending WES too... should I consider IQAS too in case the WES assessment will be unfavourable?

"I got a CLB 9+ band score without preparing & I consider my fluency in English above average."
Wow! I wish I could achieve CLB 9 haha. But I have to prepare a lot.
For extra points you can consider second post-secondary educational credential;
In terms of work experience, you can only wait, or actively seeking PNP programs. I don't know too much details about BC tech draw, but I assume they are also points-based system, thus find a scoring sheet and share the result here so that more people could advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.