App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Fine. In that case, there are strictly 2 options that can be done without simply gawking at CIC website every 14 days:

Option 1: Move to Canada as a student (1 or 2-year program) -> Be ready to shell nearly 13 lakhs a year (maintain living expense of around 7 lakhs as well) -> somehow study and get a degree -> get PGWP -> Find a job -> Ensure that you are an employee for a continuous 1 year -> Add it up to your CRS and go past 480 or so with a CEC tag.

Option 2: NZ is more reliable (although it is a laidback life there) -> NZ has a similar program -> No job offer needed -> Ensure that your education and work are aligned ->Grab ITA -> Submit docs and move on. Else, one year of study in NZ gives a 3 year Work Permit (unlike Canada which gives you 1-year stay back for 1-year study). I quoted a scenario where a friend (not too close) of mine being unable to clinch ITA of Canada (due to age) simply changed his direction and moved to NZ (under the Skilled Migrant Residence Visa) with his wife and 4-year old kid. He is now in Christchurch working under a reputed employer, his wife in a large IT firm, kid studying (free education).
New Zealand is booming good down under and it is really a wise option to go with NZ. With an NZ PR, it is quite easy to obtain work visa to AUS and settle down there as well in the long term. NZ offers ditto same benefits as CAN does.
Also, NZ is 99% COVID free

If none of these will work out, stay back in our home country, and enjoy the lifestyle that we were into since the time you were young and somehow drive the rest of our life.

There is really really no need to be broken from inside or depressed with what's happening. Canada is really not interested to do something for applicants who have spent enormous energy, money, time to get above at least 460. We can't even blame them.

So act smart and sensitive soon before we run of all options.
Sachin Tendulkar wanted to be a bowler but situation made to bat!!!
Stop this. You either get too motivated and say 460s will get ITAs soon, or get depressed and create posts like this. I can see that you are stressed out. You probably hate the 470s like me, but take some time off to clear your head and re-think your strategy. Candidates with a CRS score less than 469 did not get invited for a very long time even before COVID-19 happened. I doubt it is going to change when the general draws return.

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Am standing at 469 (after losing 5 points due to age in April), maxed out IELTS. So french is the way to go? How slim are the chances of scores dropping to 469? I just wanna know before I enroll in anything.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Am standing at 469 (after losing 5 points due to age in April), maxed out IELTS. So french is the way to go? How slim are the chances of scores dropping to 469? I just wanna know before I enroll in anything.
Learning French may be beneficial before you come to Canada anyway. It will open more opportunities for you.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Thanks, currently I am on an H1B visa in the USA. My priority is not to enter Canada but to get the ITA.
I am waiting for the ITA. If they ban travel from the USA, can I travel to Canada from India?

Thanks for your reply. May I know why you say if not for August then it's 2021 and why not Late 2020? Any particular reason or just intuition?
1. Yes you can travel from India even if you applied from US. Only thing is when and if you move to India you need to raise a CSE stating change of address. Instead of asking for passport be sent to Ottawa nvdo India will handle all the paperwork for COPR

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I will repeat my stance as before. If you wish to come to Canada as an international student merely to get PR ensure you have at least a degree before coming.
Yeah, it's a great time to study though. Fall semester will be online so you'll prolly save money, and by the time you graduate the labor market will hopefully be better as well. Ultimately, you're investing in yourself and your skills (and also accessing points for PR)

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
My score dropped to 461 from 467 due to age this month. I am wondering how low will Canada go score wise and keep inviting CEC candidates. I think this is coming to an end soon. Either they will halt the express entry draws (except for PNP's) or they should resume FSW's. But by going any lower than 420's will only undermine the express entry point system & will do no good to their country. After all this is the lowest of their scores over the last 6 years ever since EE started all while people with high potential/scores are sitting in the pool desperately. Canada is being really nice & friendly to all the CEC candidates in current times. This is something to appreciate while all countries are trying to protect only their citizens.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
My score dropped to 461 from 467 due to age this month. I am wondering how low will Canada go score wise and keep inviting CEC candidates. I think this is coming to an end soon. Either they will halt the express entry draws (except for PNP's) or they should resume FSW's. But by going any lower than 420's will only undermine the express entry point system & will do no good to their country. After all this is the lowest of their scores over the last 6 years ever since EE started all while people with high potential/scores are sitting in the pool desperately. Canada is being really nice & friendly to all the CEC candidates in current times. This is something to appreciate while all countries are trying to protect only their citizens.
It went down to 415 in the past

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
What cut-off score can we expect in the FSW draw if it happens say the end of next month?
Do I have a chance at 475?

P.S: My understanding is it is bound to go up and not down. Am I right?

Last edited:

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
What cut-off score can we expect in the FSW draw if it happens say the end of next month?
Do I have a chance at 475?

P.S: My understanding is it is bound to go up and not down. Am I right?
It depends. You stand a very fair chance (more than fair actually) of getting invited in the first two rounds if at all FSW's are resumed. It's not easy to gain scores more than 485+ even if you are young, have work experience, studied in Canada & top language scores.

It would be 0.5% or less in that top score range with all the above qualifications without PNP nomination. Sure, scores might stay high but this will be gradual increase and not sudden

Reactions: hydrizxcv

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
It depends. You stand a very fair chance (more than fair actually) of getting invited in the first two rounds if at all FSW's are resumed. It's not easy to gain scores more than 485+ even if you are young, have work experience, studied in Canada & top language scores.

It would be 0.5% or less in that top score range with all the above qualifications without PNP nomination. Sure, scores might stay high but this will be gradual increase and not sudden
Thank you. Can I know if the scores are expected to go up or down for the next FSW whenever it happens? Increased pool means an increase in the cut-off right?

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Scores will be 470 once FSW will resume in July. Anyone with a score of 470 will get an ITA with no issue it is just a time of when.
May I know how you are saying this? You mentioned earlier in this thread of having an immigration expert with a source as a friend. Is it information gleaned from him/her or is this a guess? I am just trying to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.