+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I think in the short term scores will be stable around 473 but after like 6 months (if Trump wins) then scores will start increasing
Time and again I have to tell all these negative dudes that score will obviously come down. When no one is able to write IELTS and when ECA staff are working from home (cannot access files that come to office address), how will a candidate get into the pool effectively as before
Same group of dudes like you were telling that CEC candidates were having the higher scores but the current cut-off has come down to 437 from 469 (March CEC Draw).
Better be more optimistic. There definitely some value to a lot of people being optimistic. If you are above 470, it is okay to not reveal but to keep hoping that score will plunge
I bet that cut-off will come down to 450s
Not all the US dudes considering to move will be able to get 8777 or above and ECA done in one day and move to the pool.
At the moment, I can definitely say that at least 6 months from the day all draw resume, score will at least move down to 450. Remember, CEC only draws (many say lot of candidates are there in Canada with a higher score) began with 468 or something and came to 437 now.
The exact scenario will repeat (at least to 50%) when the "all draw resume".
Dudes that move from USA will be no superior to others. Be it from US or Bangladesh or Nigeria, everyone will go through the same queue.
I know many students (master degree holders + 3 years work exp + age less than/around 30) who can barely speak English or may not be upto a level that IELTS requires.
So it is biiiiiiiig no to dudes that love the score to linger around 470.
Also, dudes from US are not a big threat. More than now, it was in the year 2016, where moving to Canada from US was trending even more. But many preferred US. Trump winning or not, US dudes would not be of much competition. H1B is of good revenue to US and the companies there. Trump totally restricting visas (legal) is suicidal for the US.
So a big request to stop demotivating others and be hopeful and optimistic that cut-off drops down to 450s or even lesser
Hope you get it

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Time and again I have to tell all these negative dudes that score will obviously come down. When no one is able to write IELTS and when ECA staff are working from home (cannot access files that come to office address), how will a candidate get into the pool effectively as before
Same group of dudes like you were telling that CEC candidates were having the higher scores but the current cut-off has come down to 437 from 469 (March CEC Draw).
Better be more optimistic. There definitely some value to a lot of people being optimistic. If you are above 470, it is okay to not reveal but to keep hoping that score will plunge
I bet that cut-off will come down to 450s
Not all the US dudes considering to move will be able to get 8777 or above and ECA done in one day and move to the pool.
At the moment, I can definitely say that at least 6 months from the day all draw resume, score will at least move down to 450. Remember, CEC only draws (many say lot of candidates are there in Canada with a higher score) began with 468 or something and came to 437 now.
The exact scenario will repeat (at least to 50%) when the "all draw resume".
Dudes that move from USA will be no superior to others. Be it from US or Bangladesh or Nigeria, everyone will go through the same queue.
I know many students (master degree holders + 3 years work exp + age less than/around 30) who can barely speak English or may not be upto a level that IELTS requires.
So it is biiiiiiiig no to dudes that love the score to linger around 470.
Also, dudes from US are not a big threat. More than now, it was in the year 2016, where moving to Canada from US was trending even more. But many preferred US. Trump winning or not, US dudes would not be of much competition. H1B is of good revenue to US and the companies there. Trump totally restricting visas (legal) is suicidal for the US.
So a big request to stop demotivating others and be hopeful and optimistic that cut-off drops down to 450s or even lesser
Hope you get it
I believe that too, scores will come down when the FSW draws resume.

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I am at 462 since October and, unfortunately, losing 5 points in July. Do you think that it might get to 462 before end of July, in case of FSW draws?

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I'm the elusive one you're looking for. Under 30 with a master's and over 3 years of experience! Can't wait for general draws to resume! :p
What is your score?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Being realistic is better than having false hope.
Lol, I second this. Some people are just not realistic. The cut-off for CEC draws dropped because they were CEC exclusive draws. When FSW draws resume, it will include all the streams and with the steady supply of candidates with 470+ points, I highly doubt it is going to drop to 460s anytime soon. Even before COVID-19 happened, the lowest cut-off for a very long time was 469. I really do feel sorry for those candidates who are deluded by false hope.

Reactions: Wrath

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Yes the normal will be having a minimum of a Masters degree with a decent IELTS score and appropriate work experience. Best to stay prepared for that and stay ahead of the curve.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hey fellows,I am at 471 since April-2020,what is possibility of FSW draw? It's giving pressure everyday
Just remain patient like the rest of us and pray for the easing of travel restrictions. Your score is still promising. Hopefully, you won't lose points in the near future because the first few general draws can be with high cut-off scores.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Its here. Guys get your plan b in order. Its about to get real

https://apple.news/AfMj_GX2UTXaO8FsQZ2sqog
Being realistic is better than having false hope.
A lot of people mask pessimism as realism.

Right now is anybody's guess, but we also don't know what IRCC might do to offset the disadvantage FSWs have had because of covid.

Maybe like back to back draws, which haven't occurred yet this year.

I understand the outlook looks grim, but this thing will end and return to normal. A new normal perhaps, but who thought CECs in the 430's were going to get a chance at getting ITAs?

Life is unpredictable.

Reactions: Pyruvate1 and PG12

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
A lot of people mask pessimism as realism.

Right now is anybody's guess, but we also don't know what IRCC might do to offset the disadvantage FSWs have had because of covid.

Maybe like back to back draws, which haven't occurred yet this year.

I understand the outlook looks grim, but this thing will end and return to normal. A new normal perhaps, but who thought CECs in the 430's were going to get a chance at getting ITAs?

Life is unpredictable.
While I believe that there is a high chance that Trump will be reelected, I don't think the stabilised CRS cut-offs won't be too much higher than they are now. People who work in US have been applying for Canadian PR for years, pushing the cut-offs to be above 469. So this trend will continue, but the average cut-off will resolve around 470-471.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
A lot of H1-Bers also don't want to deal with the weather in Canada, especially those based in U.S states with hotter climates.

There is also a growing movement for them to return to their home countries such as in India, where there are many turning to entrepreneurship and commencing start-ups, and they can get a lot more value for money with their savings from the U.S in terms of real estate and so on.

It's not a given everyone will leave for Canada, there are also options in Europe and Australia as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: joconstantine
Status
Not open for further replies.