+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I am 28 years old. Australia is much more expensive than Canada for international students.
I would advise that you either study french or go for a two years masters degree. How come you have 456 when you are only 28 though? You have only one degree?

YNWA

Jun 20, 2019
If i start learning french from scratch, do you think in 6 or 7 months time i would have enough french prowess to increase my CRS score?

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
If i start learning french from scratch, do you think in 6 or 7 months time i would have enough french prowess to increase my CRS score?
Why don’t you do both. Study for a masters and French. It’s really commendable that you are willing to learn French to immigrate to Canada. Really shows the motivation and desire. I wish you best of luck.

Reactions: YNWA

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Guys need your advice:
My CRS score in 456 with Ielts Maxed, so let suppose if FSW resumes and we have b2b draws will the score come ever down to 456 this year OR

Should i look towards applying for a student visa for Master's in order to secure my chances of migrating to Canada.
Bruh, considering the fact less than 10% of Candidates write IELTS these days (half of them are for academic and not every candidate can get above 8777) and ECA organizations are not having their staff coming to office, there is every possibility that the score can plunge.
Just look at CEC draws. They have way more candidates there as well, they do not have to do ECA, they can write IELTS (Toronto, Alberta, Winnipeg and Vancouver IELTS centres were open) but still the score plunged from 469 (April) to 431 now.
If the same trend continues (very very less IELTS and almost no ECA) score will plummet undoubtedly.
Logically speaking, if FSW draws happen from this Wednesday, your day is not too far.
If in case FSW draw does not take place at all (probably until Sep or Oct as some dudes here say), then pls reserve a back up.
I would say wait till Aug end and decide.
I'm at 465 FSW and I'm hopeful no matter what other say. Many say score will constantly stay at 470 even-though no IELTS or ECA which is quite baseless.
So again, if FSW draw happens tomo, you might be picked up in the 8th or 9th draw for sure. If not, without any second thinking, go with your study plan or study French (minimum 1 year of study for a B1 level at least) or both

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
COVID numbers are going up again in Canada. Seems like extended border closures are on the horizon

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I reckon your problem is work experience, how many years do you have?

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Trump has one goal, he doesn’t want foreigners at all. Can you imagine what he wants to do to students .

International students who are pursuing degrees in the United States will have to leave the country or risk deportation if their universities switch to online-only courses, Immigration and Customs Enforcement announced.

In other for canada competition to reduce, Biden needs to win the election.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Trump has one goal, he doesn’t want foreigners at all. Can you imagine what he wants to do to students .

International students who are pursuing degrees in the United States will have to leave the country or risk deportation if their universities switch to online-only courses, Immigration and Customs Enforcement announced.

Kanye is going to split bidens vote... I do not see how trump will not win... it’s a sad story!

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017

Sadly I agree

Reactions: Igethope

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020

Maybe this way we can get the best of the best to come to Canada. Competition drives out the best in people. It also drives up the CRS :)

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Bruh, considering the fact less than 10% of Candidates write IELTS these days (half of them are for academic and not every candidate can get above 8777) and ECA organizations are not having their staff coming to office, there is every possibility that the score can plunge.
Just look at CEC draws. They have way more candidates there as well, they do not have to do ECA, they can write IELTS (Toronto, Alberta, Winnipeg and Vancouver IELTS centres were open) but still the score plunged from 469 (April) to 431 now.
If the same trend continues (very very less IELTS and almost no ECA) score will plummet undoubtedly.
Logically speaking, if FSW draws happen from this Wednesday, your day is not too far.
If in case FSW draw does not take place at all (probably until Sep or Oct as some dudes here say), then pls reserve a back up.
I would say wait till Aug end and decide.
I'm at 465 FSW and I'm hopeful no matter what other say. Many say score will constantly stay at 470 even-though no IELTS or ECA which is quite baseless.
So again, if FSW draw happens tomo, you might be picked up in the 8th or 9th draw for sure. If not, without any second thinking, go with your study plan or study French (minimum 1 year of study for a B1 level at least) or both
Ajay, I do not think you are doing the math correctly here. There are approximately 21,500 candidates with scores above 450 in the pool. You do not seem to understand why the cut-off for CEC dropped so steeply. CEC draws did not include other streams and that's exactly why it dropped so fast. FSW draws on the other hand will be general which means they will invite candidates from FSW, CEC, and FST. The first few general draws will have a high cut-off score and it should stabilize around 470-475. WES is still working on evaluations and some candidates are able to take language tests too, if anything, there is data to suggest that newer candidates are joining the pool with high CRS scores.

If FSW candidates want to get the much deserving ITA, they need to achieve at least 470 as per pre-COVID trends. Again, comparing it with CEC-only draws is a false equivalency. I hope you realize this instead of spreading false hope here. I wish the very best to everyone. Let's hope for a general draw this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.