Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I can tell you an example of a person who studied French to an extent enough to get an ITA in less than a year.

He is married and was 33 years old, has two kids. He was in the 458 range last year and spend nearly 30000 INR to study French in an institute. After a year's hard work (studied around 6 hours per day, changed the language of his phone to French, watched French TV channels with English subtitles, and dedicated his complete weekend towards studying the language), he appeared for TEF in Chennai, India.

He got a jump of nearly 10 points in his CRS after TEF and the score moved to 468 last October.
He then got NOI from Ontario (IT Tech Draw) on October 15 -> submitted his profile (with spouse and two kids) -> Nomination obtained on Dec 2020 -> Got ITA on Dec -> submitted docs -> Sydney Nova Scotia is the VO -> Everything is now passed and he is awaiting PPR (which will be rolled out once situation stabilizes a bit).

Anything and everything is possible, all that needs is sheer determination and absolute hard work.
Damn, I miss your presence.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
The question is how much more should I put in now?
i am at 471 and I have 11 months and 4 days before my score comes down.

The most I can do is a CLB 10, which will push it to 474..

Btw, the only reason why I don't think your theory cuts through except a bunch of moroccons and a few other african bi linguian french speakers, I don't think there will be so many french+ English speakers in the pool.

It is easier said than done. Learning a language when you are 27,28 isn't easy..i learnt french for 4 years at school and can barely put three sentences together..It is a very hard language...Getting even 4 extra points is a task, not taking into account the pressures of working and keeping a job during the pandemic.

i think FSW will resume in the end of this year. However the cut off will hover around 468-470....It wont come down since only a few rounds will take place..i think 4 to 6 rounds .

This is wishful thinking however.
Here's an easy one for you .....Oui Oui Oui . Je suis une fille!!

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Application for the new pathways will commence today. That's 90k sorted , good luck to those who will apply and all the best.

YaC

Jan 13, 2021
I got some data points below:
As of April 2021, the number of candidates in the pools over 460 has been doubled from about 3000 to near 8000, comparing to the peak of 2020 November invitation when the invitation score was 478; the number was also doubled for those over 500 from about 800 to current 1500.

Do we have some good analysis or predictions of how much the Invitation Score would be when the FSW draw begins?

Regards,

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I can tell you an example of a person who studied French to an extent enough to get an ITA in less than a year.

He is married and was 33 years old, has two kids. He was in the 458 range last year and spend nearly 30000 INR to study French in an institute. After a year's hard work (studied around 6 hours per day, changed the language of his phone to French, watched French TV channels with English subtitles, and dedicated his complete weekend towards studying the language), he appeared for TEF in Chennai, India.

He got a jump of nearly 10 points in his CRS after TEF and the score moved to 468 last October.
He then got NOI from Ontario (IT Tech Draw) on October 15 -> submitted his profile (with spouse and two kids) -> Nomination obtained on Dec 2020 -> Got ITA on Dec -> submitted docs -> Sydney Nova Scotia is the VO -> Everything is now passed and he is awaiting PPR (which will be rolled out once situation stabilizes a bit).

Anything and everything is possible, all that needs is sheer determination and absolute hard work.
Hi,

I totally believe you.

Right now, I am on the same boat as the guy you mentioned above. My CRS is 463:
- 30 years old;
- Common-Law (not coming with me to Canada at the same time);
- Two recognized bachelors (Business Administration & Law);
- IELTS L-8,R-9,S-8,W-7 (first time given and nailed it);
- 3+ years of foreign experience.

Started learning French intensively since November 1, 2020, at least 6 hours a day, everyday, by myself. No teacher! Only YouTube and books available online. At the beginning I couldn't understand anything, except "Oui" and "Je t'aime", and now I am able to read and comprehend journalistic articles, understand the majority of conversations in movies and news, and also able to have a constructive conversation with someone.

I will take the TEF Canada next month and will be taking it almost every month until I get CLB 7, because that is the only option left for me.

The CLB 7 will open the door of Ontario to me at a CRS score of 525, valid for French-Speaking stream and FSW.

I am leaving this post here to motivate everyone to do their absolute maximum for their Canadian dream.

Good luck guys, and don't give up!

Reactions: shank15 and dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi,

I totally believe you.

- 30 years old;

Started learning French intensively since November 1, 2020, at least 6 hours a day, everyday, by myself. No teacher! Only YouTube and books available online. At the beginning I couldn't understand anything, except "Oui" and "Je t'aime", and now I am able to read and comprehend journalistic articles, understand the majority of conversations in movies and news, and also able to have a constructive conversation with someone.

I will take the TEF Canada next month and will be taking it almost every month until I get CLB 7, because that is the only option left for me.

The CLB 7 will open the door of Ontario to me at a CRS score of 525, valid for French-Speaking stream and FSW.

I am leaving this post here to motivate everyone to do their absolute maximum for their Canadian dream.

Good job bruh ! you did it .

fridge03

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Hi,

I totally believe you.

- 30 years old;

It’s unlikely that you can get French Ontario stream, it requires French language to be the first thus one needs clb 9 in French to get it

Reactions: dankboi

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It’s unlikely that you can get French Ontario stream, it requires French language to be the first thus one needs clb 9 in French to get it
Hi,

Where did you get the information about needing to have CLB 9 in French and that it needs to be first language?

Here is the link to the requirements from the Ontario province French-Speaking stream:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-french-speaking-skilled-worker-stream

3. Language

You must be able to understand, read, write and speak French at a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or higher.

You must also be able to understand, read, write and speak English at CLB level 6 or higher.

To prove that you have the mandatory language skills, you must take an approved French and English language test before you submit your application to this stream.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thinking about it, if they are selecting only candidates who have French as their first language with at least CLB 7, then this puts things into another prespective.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
General streams

Stream nameNumber of applications that will be acceptedNumber of applications that have been submitted
Workers in Canada: health care20,000288 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
Workers in Canada: essential, non-health care 30,0002,421 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
Recent international graduates from a Canadian institution40,00019,541 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
French-speaking streams
Stream nameNumber of applications that will be acceptedNumber of applications that have been submitted
French-speaking workers in Canada: health careUnlimited4 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
French-speaking workers in Canada: essential, non-health careUnlimited136 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
French-speaking recent international graduates from a Canadian institutionUnlimited27 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
General streams

Workers in Canada: health care20,000288 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
Workers in Canada: essential, non-health care 30,0002,421 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
Recent international graduates from a Canadian institution40,00019,541 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
French-speaking streams
French-speaking workers in Canada: health careUnlimited4 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
French-speaking workers in Canada: essential, non-health careUnlimited136 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
French-speaking recent international graduates from a Canadian institutionUnlimited27 (Last update: 2021-05-06 13:24)
I applied as soon as it opened and I was #500...
The student stream will close before the end of the week.

YaC

Jan 13, 2021
Please share your speculation mate. how many draws would be there if there is any and how low this CRS could come down, The previous year it started off at 475 which ended at 468. : /
The number of people in the pool with the score over 500, 480~490, and 470~480 all doubled from the peak with the invitation score of 478. I do not know how high it would go and when it would go down.

Thank you.

Reactions: dankboi
Status
Not open for further replies.