+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
I dont quite understand the rationale behind this move (i guess no one did)..Dont get me wrong cuz I love how they say "their status may be temporary but their contributions are lasting".

Were they so behind their targetd number that they had to invite over 20k candidates all the sudden to catch up with the targeted number?
Cuz with over 20k candidates submitting files in the next 90 days, i hope IRCC know that they probably would need a lot more staff to process the applications ..
Or maybe they have decided to push back the processing time from previously discussed 6-month to maybe 9month or even a year.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
CRS of 478, I'm not really sure if it would be wise to enroll to some one year program in Canada, they are giving students visa in just a month.... but it is true that I won't be able to find any spot in a program before the September intake... I'm not really sure about what to do...

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I dont quite understand the rationale behind this move (i guess no one did)..Dont get me wrong cuz I love how they say "their status may be temporary but their contributions are lasting".

Were they so behind their targetd number that they had to invite over 20k candidates all the sudden to catch up with the targeted number?
Cuz with over 20k candidates submitting files in the next 90 days, i hope IRCC know that they probably would need a lot more staff to process the applications ..
Or maybe they have decided to push back the processing time from previously discussed 6-month to maybe 9month or even a year.
The only logical reason I see for today's draw is that maybe many CEC candidates are gonna lose their status soon and have to leave Canada so with an ITA, they can apply for BOWP and stay back till they get their PR. Looks like they really want to curb any kind of travel at all costs.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
it'd be like half a year to begin your program + 1 year in the program = 1.5 years till pgwp. assuming you immediately find a job and work for 1 year on pgwp, 2.5 years from now in total to qualify for cec. I'd say it'd be waste of time and money. 2.5 years from now is the end of 2023, which might be the end of the whole immigration thing due to politics. not sure if ircc cares to plan this far ahead but if their intention is to turn fsws to cecs, this whole thing is failing as we can see in this example. sooner or later they'll have to get fsws back in the game but fsws are losing age points. so I think we really have no other choice than learning french. it's not bad, it's a new language, it can open doors

what's funny is, considering the difference between an fsw with grad degrees, adequate work experience, both english and french capabilities and a cec with 300 crs, canada might have shot itself in the leg with this last move
I still have 1 year and 3 months before I lose points for age. But I mean, I worked Hard for years to have the points that I have. The ielts was the last stone. If I only had got it one month before i would be with my ITA. I hope they make a new draw before June. And that the score it is not 600+....

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
15 months is a good margin, don't waste your money on schools. you only need to secure an ita within 15 months, you don't have to land within 15 months. I'd again suggest what I'll do, bite the bullet and learn french. who knows, maybe it'll get you a job in canada when you land.

you worked hard for years, you became highly qualified, and you will bring at least 13k (proof) + 2k (quarantine) + 1.5k (application) to canada in cash. I doubt the 300 crs cec pays that kind of tax in a year.
I have been learning French actually. I have an A2 level. But I didn't consider that I would be able to earn more than 2 or 3 points for my level.... I was also considering that next month there might be a tech draw for ontario, and my noc is 2175.... but of course if I get an invite I have to wait 2 or 3 months for the PNP plus 1.5k for my ontario application.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I have been learning French actually. I have an A2 level. But I didn't consider that I would be able to earn more than 2 or 3 points for my level.... I was also considering that next month there might be a tech draw for ontario, and my noc is 2175.... but of course if I get an invite I have to wait 2 or 3 months for the PNP plus 1.5k for my ontario application.
If you get Tech draw invite, take it. Something is better than nothing.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I would hate to get into the CEC vs FSW debate. But all these people worrying about "it is bad for Canada's future".

May I please request you to fix your country's future first? before worrying about some foreign country. :D

My heart goes to people who are loosing points because of age. Pandemic is to blame NOT cec candidates who are working for their scores just like you.

Anyway not gonna indulge into this discussion anymore.
Agreed that FSW people shouldn't get upset for the success of CEC people (I'm FSW btw). That's messed up!

But... this bit about "fix your own country first" is not a good take at all. No one has control over something like that, it is just a matter of luck where we are born.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Very hard disagree. How about a dose of optimism for FSW? Here goes..

In spite of the recent supply chain issues with vaccines, Canada is on track to vaccinate their population by September 2021. And note that this is just using Pfizer and Moderna both of which are known to work very well even against the scary new variants. By end of Q1 (i.e April 2021), they will have vaccinated (using both doses) their most vulnerable population, which means in the summer we will see deaths, hospitalizations, and even cases plummeting! We are already seeing deaths/hospitalizations/cases decreasing across North America. In fact, the US is on track to getting back to normal by Summer. This means that we will start seeing widespread rollback of restrictions starting this Summer. Of course, reopening borders will be last on their list, but it is definitely going to happen this year. They will probably start with reopening borders to the US sometime in the summer with some kind of proof of vaccination necessary to travel, since the vast majority of the US populace will be vaccinated by that time. Then they will probably start a staggered reopening for immigrants, since lots of outlanders have been waiting since October 2019. They would probably require a proof of vaccination, or offer to vaccinate you on landing, with some quarantine requirements (Note that Canada has ordered the highest amount of vaccines per capita in the world, so there will be no shortage of vaccines to vaccinate new immigrants by the time they open up). I am very optimistic that outlanders will start landing in Canada in the last quarter of 2021. People like me (FSW-O, AOR September 2020) might have to wait until early 2022, but I am still very hopeful about spending my Christmas 2021 in the beautiful city of Montreal gorging on poutine while covered in three layers of clothing to keep myself warm. We have great vaccines and the general population is starting to get real tired of lockdowns; once the vulnerable are vaccinated it won't be politically feasible to continue with strong restrictions.

My heart goes out to the FSW applicants in the pool, especially those who worked very hard to get to a competitive score and are going to lose points due to age. FSW draws are going to be unlikely in the next few months. But I'm confident they will start having FSW draws in the summer. Hang in there!
It will take a miracle to vaccinate everyone by end of Sep'21 given the current rate. Despite what government is saying it would take a lot of things to go right to acheive this. Is it possible .. yes? Is it probable .. I would say very low probability. For sake of everyone though I hope I'm wrong.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
I would hate to get into the CEC vs FSW debate. But all these people worrying about "it is bad for Canada's future".

May I please request you to fix your country's future first? before worrying about some foreign country. :D
Hahaha, I think the reason behind why we'd rather worry about Canada's future, is because it's easier to fix than ours. How I'd wish these be the problems my country is facing right now, rather than some potential chronic food shortages.

• Sad
Reactions: guelphite and upon

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I'm thinking about quiting my job and going bat sh*t crazy on french. it's either that or I'll pay some canadian school to give me pgwp so I can have a chance at cec. the rules have changed
This is what I have done... French didn't work for me so going Canadian school

jsinghnijjar

Dec 2, 2020
Guys be optimistic.... Firstly, now there are very low chances of next draw to be cec... They could have though that instead of taking 3 4 months tof cec only draws to help the cec class...1 major draw can be better...
Plus they were not able to achieve the targetted new landings in canada in 2020...so if the targets which they give are actually their target and not just a vague idea then this draw will only be helping to catch up with their targets...remember there are no new refugee class , visiter visa to pr, tourist visa to pr, even students were not able to travel for a few months..
To think from a business point of view... Cec candidates already have their funds there in canada and they are contributing... To induce new funds they need to get applicants from other countries to go through...
Logically if they wanted to clear all cec applicants they could very well have continued with cec only draws for 3 4 months which would have been a lot more easier for processing staff... And would have helped them ease a bit.. no point doing a humongous draw and get thousands of applications pouring all together and then doing no draws for few months.
So my take is that they have given the due opportunity to cec and they dont owe a favour to them immediately.
They should go ahead with fsw draws maybe with a break of 2 weeks instead of 1 week which was expected due to a skip... They have posted new job openings for ircc which means they are buffing up the manforce...
So fsws like me...be patient..be optimistic...and try to increase crs meanwhich to catch up with a birthday coming...
Learning french for 5 6 months can help you gain 4-6 points to gain back the lost points plus it improves your scope when you land in canada.
Congrats to by fellow cec candidates...
Good luck for my fellow fsws.

Reactions: armitabbsn

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/skilled-workers-in-canada.html

IRCC already explained that:
1) CEC - “Their status may be temporary, but their contributions are lasting—and we’re hoping to help more of them stay permanently.”
2) IRCC will continue to accept and process Express Entry applications and looks forward to welcoming skilled workers from abroad when travel resumes.
There is one catch here, "When Travel Resumes" and I feel it's not going to happen anytime soon. Currently the travel restrictions are in effect. Yesterday it was announced that International Students can study online till 31 Dec 2021 from their home country. So I will not be surprised now if they continue only with CEC draws till Canada is opening their border.

Status
Not open for further replies.