Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Background check is a combination of criminality and security checks. The criminality is where IRCC looks at your PCC. To see if you have a criminal record.

The security check is longer, where they look at things like your travel history. That is to determine if you are a risk to Canada in general.

Mine also says "in progress. It has for a long time. If you get in touch with IRCC, they differentiate between the two parts. But having said that, all they told me was what I stated in my previous comment - not yet started, and that I should be patient, because Covid is disrupting normal processing of applications.
@ZAtoCD how did you know that you passed the eligibility and criminality? Did you call IRCC?

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Regarding proof of funds fluctuation, is it the rate of date of submission or the rate of the day your VO checks your POF ?

Can you still add more money incase of continuous fluctuation ?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Is eligibility passed by an officer or an agent?
I've got a ghost update yesterday and the one before was after passing medicals.
I'm not sure. :) But my profile has been similarly stalled. I got a ghost update a few days ago - not sure why though. Nothing has changed. Maybe because my medicals are supposed to expire in a few days.
Hi, May I ask whats the status of your profile online? I am also July Aor but there hasn't been any updates since early September
Overall profile status is "submitted" on the intro page; "medicals passed" on the main page; and "we are processing your background check" at the botom.
@ZAtoCD how did you know that you passed the eligibility and criminality? Did you call IRCC?
I found out when I got my GCMS notes.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I'm not sure. :) But my profile has been similarly stalled. I got a ghost update a few days ago - not sure why though. Nothing has changed. Maybe because my medicals are supposed to expire in a few days.

Overall profile status is "submitted" on the intro page; "medicals passed" on the main page; and "we are processing your background check" at the botom.

Do you have any travel history? Lived in other countries long term?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Do you have any travel history? Lived in other countries long term?
Only one trip to the US in 2017. So, presumably a very simple file to analyze. I doubt it'll take that long to process once it actually begins. The delay right now is that it hasn't even started yet. :p

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London

BGC in process and you got a GU? I’d take that as a good sign. :)

Mine still shows BGC - yet to start and nothing close to an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.