+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Any IELTS Remarking success stories?

On my third attempt I maxed all IELTS sections except Writing. --> L - 8.5, R- 8, S - 7.5, W - 7 (Interestingly In my previous attempts I scored 8 in writing)
Initially, I Entered pool in Dec 2019 with score of 467 and then score lowered to 461 due to Age in June 2020.

Finally had to create a new EE profile as old one expired (Sigh.. never thought I had to wait for 1 year) and Now with new IELTS my updated score is 467 again. But if I could get my writing score increase by 0.5, my new score will be 470.

Additional 3 points are everything at this point. It's matter of getting an invitation next draw versus never getting an invite just like what happened last year.
I am planning to go for remarking to test my luck to increase the score from 7 to 7.5. Wondering what the success rate would be. No energy or time to retake the exam. I am so done with this process :(
Remarking takes time, you can give multiple CD tests before you get your remarking results whether they change or not. Rebook another test and hope for an opinion type essay question, this is the easiest question type to score a CLB10 in writing but I agree that writing can be a big hit or miss.

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Rephrase the last part
Actually, i know i will get documents checklist to upload
I still don’t understand the question but just write a letter explaining what it is you want to tell the VO and upload it in “optional document”
Okay thanks. So some LOE will go with individual documents and some LOE ( For Personal history, Address history) will be in optional folder

wingsofhope

Oct 21, 2020

On my third attempt I maxed all IELTS sections except Writing. --> L - 8.5, R- 8, S - 7.5, W - 7 (Interestingly In my previous attempts I scored 8 in writing)
Initially, I Entered pool in Dec 2019 with score of 467 and then score lowered to 461 due to Age in June 2020.

Finally had to create a new EE profile as old one expired (Sigh.. never thought I had to wait for 1 year) and Now with new IELTS my updated score is 467 again. But if I could get my writing score increase by 0.5, my new score will be 470.

Additional 3 points are everything at this point. It's matter of getting an invitation next draw versus never getting an invite just like what happened last year.
I am planning to go for remarking to test my luck to increase the score from 7 to 7.5. Wondering what the success rate would be. No energy or time to retake the exam. I am so done with this process :(

My speaking score was increase from 6.5 to 7.5 giving me a CLB OF 9!
And luckily the result came in just a week. ( 5 working days)
All this happened in USA. India takes a lot of time for sure.

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020

I scored a 7 in W as well. Sent it in for a remark and the W score increased to 7.5, bringing my CRS to 470. I also got picked on the Nov 25th draw. If I hadn't gone ahead with the remark I'd still be waiting in the pool at 467. Go for it.

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
I scored a 7 in W as well. Sent it in for a remark and the W score increased to 7.5, bringing my CRS to 470. I also got picked on the Nov 25th draw. If I hadn't gone ahead with the remark I'd still be waiting in the pool at 467. Go for it.
perfect! Thank you everyone. I will request a remarking. @Scalphunter are you based in the US? How many days did it take? And how much did it cost? Did u get your money back as the score changed?

there are no exam slots until feb. So, remarking is my only option at this point

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
perfect! Thank you everyone. I will request a remarking. @Scalphunter are you based in the US? How many days did it take? And how much did it cost? Did u get your money back as the score changed?

there are no exam slots until feb. So, remarking is my only option at this point
Yup, I'm currently in Wisconsin and had to fly out to Oregon in July to give my IELTS. It took them around 3 weeks to get back to me. I think it cost me $120 and I did get a refund.

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi guys! I was trying to find the answer but I somehow didn’t find it here. Where should we upload the LOE after ITA? Is it in Optional Documents Clint Information?...

wingsofhope

Oct 21, 2020
Hi guys! I was trying to find the answer but I somehow didn’t find it here. Where should we upload the LOE after ITA? Is it in Optional Documents Clint Information?...
We uploaded as a first page with respective category.
Like, I didnt get my PCC on time due to COVID, as no police verifications were possible which happens in India. so i uploaded the supporting document like the receipt that i did try to get it done on time, but due to covid, centers were closed. So first page was LOE followed by supporting documents.
Later when I got my PCC I uploaded it through a webform.

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Oh but what if you want to explain other things, not related to the main documents uploads? Like visa refusal for example and such?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Oh but what if you want to explain other things, not related to the main documents uploads? Like visa refusal for example and such?
I was refused a Visa to Hong Kong in 2013. I only explained briefly in the text box provided when you select "Yes" for the question.
It is also noteworthy that my GCMS notes contained this short explanatory text of mine. Probably the reviewer picked this out and included as a remark for next OICs.

Status
Not open for further replies.