+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilkbhat

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
I would like to point out that I'm not against the existing score system and nor against separate CEC draws.. this would give fair fighting chance for everyone.. I'm just against more additional points.

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
That's the point bro.. it takes everything just to reach and max out at 481.. and the Canadian degree holders want additional points because they can't get 8777...
I just want to clear that. Why most CEC’s don’t have score doesn’t mean they don’t have 8777. What do you mean they can’t get 8777. You are getting offensive here, just because you want the things the way you would like.

Do you know most CEC’s (almost 60 percent) came here after 12th grade. They have just completed 2 year diploma here. They do score 8777, work for 3 years and still have 461 points.
Here we should think for both CEC and FSW. Don’t be selfish. No one’s journey has been easy. The young kids when they turn 17-18 leave their parents and come to Canada to live independently for their dreams. They study full time and work part time to pay the hefty tuition fee.
I am not saying FSW’s have not done anything, but i am saying that CEC’s have also sacrificed so much.
Ask those FSW’s who are now permanent residents, they initially do underestimate CEC, but once they land in Canada they know how hard it is.

Be respectful for everyone.

Fidiya21

Aug 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-11-2020
Whether Canada will add more points for Canada education is beside the point now. It was a technical glitch. Managed to cause a lot of panic and sleepless nights for some. For education in Canada, they are already getting additional points.
If u have a masters degree, under 30 with max IELTS and more than 3 years of work experience you will hit that sweet spot presently.
If the degree is from Canada and work experience is from Canada those people do get additional points now as well which is fair.
But it doesn’t make sense that they will double these points now when there is already high demand for Canadian education and there is already a wealth of eligible outlanders who will bring in economic growth via a different route.

Reactions: Rémi Beauséjours

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
But I maybe wrong but I thought CRS scores go up when they don’t conduct draws. Even if CEC are given points, it will still be the same, no?

i mean if they had just done the draw on October 28th it would have dipped to 470 or even 469 Atleast once.

nikhilkbhat

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
I just want to clear that. Why most CEC’s don’t have score doesn’t mean they don’t have 8777. What do you mean they can’t get 8777. You are getting offensive here, just because you want the things the way you would like.

Do you know most CEC’s (almost 60 percent) came here after 12th grade. They have just completed 2 year diploma here. They do score 8777, work for 3 years and still have 461 points.
Here we should think for both CEC and FSW. Don’t be selfish. No one’s journey has been easy. The young kids when they turn 17-18 leave their parents and come to Canada to live independently for their dreams. They study full time and work part time to pay the hefty tuition fee.
I am not saying FSW’s have not done anything, but i am saying that CEC’s have also sacrificed so much.
Ask those FSW’s who are now permanent residents, they initially do underestimate CEC, but once they land in Canada they know how hard it is.

Be respectful for everyone.
Thanks for clarifying this.. I do acknowledge the difficulties they would have faced to get where they are. And that's why I'm I'm favour of separate draws for CEC.. combining both together isn't fair to either, wouldn't you agree?
As for the IELTS, there was some misinformation..

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Thanks for clarifying this.. I do acknowledge the difficulties they would have faced to get where they are. And that's why I'm I'm favour of separate draws for CEC.. combining both together isn't fair to either, wouldn't you agree?
As for the IELTS, there was some misinformation..
I agree.

Reactions: nikhilkbhat

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
It is not the number that enter every year, rather is the number that have graduated and completed a minimum of 1 year work experience in canada. I bet you, they are not up to 100k
Sorry, I don't follow what you are saying. The link I shared clearly says 400,000 study permits issued last year. it is safe to say the count of students entering will be close to that, it is unlikely too many of the study permits go unutilized as people generally do not throw money away for no reason and apply successfully for Visa they won't use.
obviously some of those 400,000 students will not complete the course, but whoever does complete will be eligible for PGWP to stay and work in Canada for upto 3 years. Obviously the point of studying in Canada is to eventually stay there, so again most of the 400,000 will try to work here. At every stage some people will leave due to whatever reason, but why would 400,000 dwindle to less than 100,000, can you be specific? is there any reason you have in mind that more than 300,000 out of 400,000 would spend the money of around $50k for education and then though they are eligible to stay and work on PGWP will suddenly call it quits and decide to leave?

Last edited:

Mama mia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
At 475 after almost two years in the pool. All these bilingual and proposed Canadian education points are trying to mess with my head. However, i choose to remain hopeful. It is not over until it is over.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Aren't they getting additional points as it is.. and plus they can work for upto 3 years there and recover it easily..
With a 2-year diploma, I doubt they will be able to save that much after 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.