+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Guys, some kind of not so good news. People who have Canadian education have their scores increased by 15 points. Lots of people have been reporting in a Facebook group that their points have incresed suddenly :(

If this is true, its definitely a bad news for outland applicants.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Guys, some kind of not so good news. People who have Canadian education have their scores increased by 15 points. Lots of people have been reporting in a Facebook group that their points have incresed suddenly :(

If this is true, its definitely a bad news for outland applicants.
Saw this too, looks like this year will be the last year for outlanders. RIP FSW 2015-2020.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I heard those with Msc increased too by additional 30 points, how true is this?
Looks like the same thing happened with French language update, few people started receiving the additional points and the official announcement came a week later. The CRS tool now seems to be updated with the additional points for Canadian education. People at 465 are suddenly at 480 now.

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Just sad really. I really feel for the outlanders. Out of no where they do this!! The struggle that outlanders have to do to reach 470s is second to none and to just given random free points to candian education on top of what they already had is just soo sad!

Just dont want to accept it but I feel really sorry for the people waiting.

Dec 14, 2019
Looks like the same thing happened with French language update, few people started receiving the additional points and the official announcement came a week later. The CRS tool now seems to be updated with the additional points for Canadian education. People at 465 are suddenly at 480 now.
That means the cutoff will further increase for outlanders ?

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
I'm giving up hope for outlander FSW now. If I get picked in an OINP or SINP draw, that's good enough. I do have my US GC I-140 approved for years now, so I'm actually doing well here. At least the US immigration system, as messed up at it is, doesn't invent new ways to screw people over. And thankfully there's no bilingual nonsense here.

Last edited:

Jimi01

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
in the crs tool, canadian master gives 30 points more than before...
Outlander's hope is only French or come to study.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I'm giving up hope for outlander FSW now. If I get picked in an OINP or SINP draw, that's good enough. I do have my US GC I-140 approved for years now, so I'm actually doing well here. At least the US immigration system, as messed up at it is, doesn't invent new ways to screw people over. And thankfully there's no bilingual nonsense here.
Did you not know what Trump was doing to H1B, OPT etc.?
But Canada this time is definitely not friendly to outlanders so I feel sorry for people who have waited for months.

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Did you not know what Trump was doing to H1B, OPT etc.?
But Canada this time is definitely not friendly to outlanders so I feel sorry for people who have waited for months.
Didn't have many issues with Trump's H-1B changes. Other than some changes in interpretations to existing rules, nothing much changed for me. TBH, the H-1B program was being abused quite a lot before Trump came into power. I actually got a better pay because companies were willing to pay more to retain folks, so it actually benefited me.

Status
Not open for further replies.