Status
Not open for further replies.

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi Guys,
I am preparing for Tomorrows draw ... InLand FSW here

Quick question

I have a WES from 3 years ago the course-by-course version. Do i need a new one for IRCC?
If so, why in the WES website it says if I want to order a duplicate for IRCC ?

--
Based on your previous selections, we have determined that you do not need to upgrade your report. You can simply order a duplicate report of your previously completed evaluation.
Order a duplicate Report
---

When filling an express entry profile after ITA do I have to enter the same application number?

thanks

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
You can check that right now, just look around on job portals and LinkedIn to get an idea.
True! :) It's hard to remember how many jobs there were being advertised before COVID though, to compare.
Hi Guys,
I am preparing for Tomorrows draw ... InLand FSW here

Quick question

I have a WES from 3 years ago the course-by-course version. Do i need a new one for IRCC?
If so, why in the WES website it says if I want to order a duplicate for IRCC ?

--
Based on your previous selections, we have determined that you do not need to upgrade your report. You can simply order a duplicate report of your previously completed evaluation.
Order a duplicate Report
---

When filling an express entry profile after ITA do I have to enter the same application number?

thanks
What was the reason you got the last report?

"Although WES standard reports do not have an expiry date, Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) reports for Canadian immigration purposes expire five years from the date of issue." So, you have 5 years, but the question is whether you got a WES report for ECA purposes in the first place, and if there are differences between the reports.

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
True! :) It's hard to remember how many jobs there were being advertised before COVID though, to compare.

What was the reason you got the last report?

"Although WES standard reports do not have an expiry date, Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) reports for Canadian immigration purposes expire five years from the date of issue." So, you have 5 years, but the question is whether you got a WES report for ECA purposes in the first place, and if there are differences between the reports.
For college
the course by course evaluation.

and i don't know is there is difference, but WES told me i have to pay 30$ to send it to CIC. Is there same for other people? when u get ITA what they request from you ?

Reactions: aonanuga002

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
For college
the course by course evaluation.

and i don't know is there is difference, but WES told me i have to pay 30$ to send it to CIC. Is there same for other people? when u get ITA what they request from you ?
Interesting. I would definitely make sure that they are the same reports before doing that. Maybe wait for other replies here, and even call WES to ask them if there is a difference for IRCC ECA purposes.

When you get an ITA you don't need to upload anything. When you create a profile go into the pool (before you get drawn and given ITA) you have to provide the WES reference number. That is what they use. They contact WES directly. All you upload when you apply (after ITA) is a scan of your degree certificate.

Reactions: samirsam

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Interesting. I would definitely make sure that they are the same reports before doing that. Maybe wait for other replies here, and even call WES to ask them if there is a difference for IRCC ECA purposes.

When you get an ITA you don't need to upload anything. When you create a profile go into the pool (before you get drawn and given ITA) you have to provide the WES reference number. That is what they use. They contact WES directly. All you upload when you apply (after ITA) is a scan of your degree certificate.
Thanks
It seems that reference number dont change Since WES call it duplicated for IRCC purpose ( maybe because course bg course actually is much more detailed than the one for immigration purposes )

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
There will definitely be jobs
What makes you so confident? :p

Thanks
It seems that reference number dont change Since WES call it duplicated for IRCC purpose ( maybe because course bg course actually is much more detailed than the one for immigration purposes )
Makes sense to me! I just thought it might be valuable for you to email/call them to make sure. :)

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Just downloaded my ECA report. "The masters degree generally compares to the completion of a Masters of Business Administration degree". I'm assuming I can claim points for Masters degree now! So happy. Going to make my profile right now. Here's to hoping tomorrows an all program draw!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Just downloaded my ECA report. "The masters degree generally compares to the completion of a Masters of Business Administration degree". I'm assuming I can claim points for Masters degree now! So happy. Going to make my profile right now. Here's to hoping tomorrows an all program draw!
Fantastic! :)

Reactions: muspal

Limitless

Sep 16, 2019
Thanks
I will advice the OP double check on this and be certain. Before going forward
1. Confirm from Wes that by duplicate copy they don't mean that they will just send the course by course evaluation copy to Wes.
2. Confirm if the reference number will remain the same. Because I upgraded my Wes report and my reference number was changed.
Course by course evaluation is often used for study purposes and not express entry immigration. However, U can reach out to Wes to help U convert to that for immigration without having to send new transcript and all since they have received and authenticated them before.

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
I will advice the OP double check on this and be certain. Before going forward
1. Confirm from Wes that by duplicate copy they don't mean that they will just send the course by course evaluation copy to Wes.
2. Confirm if the reference number will remain the same. Because I upgraded my Wes report and my reference number was changed.
Course by course evaluation is often used for study purposes and not express entry immigration. However, U can reach out to Wes to help U convert to that for immigration without having to send new transcript and all since they have received and authenticated them before.
Hi there,

I already talked to WES and they said it calls duplicate IRCC ( and i can do that in my profile)
they do not convert or upgrade to IRCC , at least what they told me, they said since i have the ultimate version, i need to order a duplicate IRCC ( i see that in my profile )

Also when i want to order a new one only for IRCC it says

Order a duplicate Report

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Just got BIL, but unfortunately the VFS in my country is closed. Do you guys know if IRCC continues to check your profile even without biometrics?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Just got BIL, but unfortunately the VFS in my country is closed. Do you guys know if IRCC continues to check your profile even without biometrics?
Congrats! I can confirm they do. I was in your situation, and my application continued to process. I have read about others who have experienced the same - the application keeps going, and some have even submitted biometrics right near the end.

Keep checking here for updates about VFS centers reopening: https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/covid-19-customer-advisories.html.

Reactions: BlindGoku
Status
Not open for further replies.