+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I’d rather be safe with some negativity than build castles in the air. I had fallen into that trap in these threads this time last year, when I trusted all the random predictions and optimism. Delayed the start of my French preparation by 2/3 months.

Of course, everyone’s journey is different and priorities are different too.
Exactly. Back in January, I heard a TON of people saying “don’t worry 469 is more than enough”. If I had relied on the “optimistic” approach, I would never receive my ITA (yes, I believe scores won’t come even close to touch 469 again, unless something drastic happens in the EE rules).
I don’t believe there’s space for optimism when it comes to Express Entry. If your score is under the last draw cutoff, you simply need to work really hard to improve it, instead of praying for it to go down.
Otherwise, you must be ready to accept the possibility of failing.

miami_beach

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
There is a big influx of candidates tho in the range 470-480
Did you see my model? Since the start of alternating draws, there have been only about 3100 new candidates entering the pool between two successive all-program draws. You can do the math yourself if you like.

Majid Nawaz

Feb 9, 2016
I have a query related to section wherein my Spouse's Address history is to be mentioned. It is written in the CIC profile that provide address of your spouse where he has lived in the past 10 years or since his 18 birthday.
Kindly note that permanent address on my spouse's NIC and place of birth on his Passport is mentioned as KARAK. However, he has lived almost all of his life at his current address i.e. (Rawalpindi).
So, kindly guide whether permanent address of Karak also needs to be mentioned in Spouse's Address History section or not? if yes, then what period to be mentioned for permanent residence ? Should it be similar to that of current address i.e. Since Birth till date.
I am arranging his Police Certificate from Rawalpindi as well as Karak.

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Did you see my model? Since the start of alternating draws, there have been only about 3100 new candidates entering the pool between two successive all-program draws. You can do the math yourself if you like.
3100 is not a small number, with IELTS and TEF centres opening again, there will definitely be a bigger number of candidates in the range. Also, i hope you are right, we all want the CRS to drop ;) I just hope they start conducting bi-monthly all programs draw soon. This will def drop the score

Emman O.

Aug 5, 2020
3100 is not a small number, with IELTS and TEF centres opening again, there will definitely be a bigger number of candidates in the range. Also, i hope you are right, we all want the CRS to drop ;) I just hope they start conducting bi-monthly all programs draw soon. This will def drop the score
They already opened though. Everyone finding a way to write IELTS

Ka314

Sep 9, 2020
I am waiting for my WES evaluation and it will probably take 2+ months. Not sure how the score will be by then but I will have 474.

I am not sure if I am comfortable with it. I can get a masters degree to boost to ~480 but that's the maximum I can achieve. Should I begin now or just wait and see if score will rebound? I am afraid it will be too late to start improving my score. But at the same time I feel like it is extremely unlikely to have FSW>480 given candidates require either PhD or Canadian education to achieve such score.

Those with Canadian education can simply work for a year and get CEC or PNP so I don't think most candidates in FSW pool can achieve higher than 480

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello, i have a question.

Does 40 hours per week suffice in a letter or should it mention on a full time basis also ?

As per CIC website :
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
Nothing is mentioned on full time. So having 40 hrs per week on the letter is sufficient ?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I feel alternate CEC and FSW draws will continue to happen till next year March/April. The reason I am saying is because the January 2021 term have also become online for students. Which means borders will remain closed till April 21. VACS are also not opening anytime soon. So in such a situation, CEC draw will continue to happen and this will not let FSW scores to come down anytime soon.

izzyhu1106

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I'm wondering why they issued 4200 ITAs in the last draw.
Apparently they are still welcoming immigrants, but due to the pandemic induced restrictions, they are conducting alternate draws.
So why did IRCC increase the no. of invitations?
The alternate pattern suggests IRCC prefer PNP/CEC over FSW, so why did they restart it? Was it because the CEC score plunged too low?
It's just really confusing when it comes to their behavior.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I feel alternate CEC and FSW draws will continue to happen till next year March/April. The reason I am saying is because the January 2021 term have also become online for students. Which means borders will remain closed till April 21. VACS are also not opening anytime soon. So in such a situation, CEC draw will continue to happen and this will not let FSW scores to come down anytime soon.
I highly doubt that borders will remain closed for this long

callebe

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
I'm wondering why they issued 4200 ITAs in the last draw.
Apparently they are still welcoming immigrants, but due to the pandemic induced restrictions, they are conducting alternate draws.
So why did IRCC increase the no. of invitations?
The alternate pattern suggests IRCC prefer PNP/CEC over FSW, so why did they restart it? Was it because the CEC score plunged too low?
It's just really confusing when it comes to their behavior.
I hope it’s not because they plan to skip a draw

Jan.19

Oct 26, 2019
Hi guys,

I need help, maybe someone has info.

I studied in UK 9 years ago and didn’t close my debit card when I left. I don’t know if there is any debt is left (I mean negative balance) or since banks renew cards by mail without informing customers someone else might have recieved and used it. I can’t find my card and bank can’t help. I have no idea what happened since (i.e gone to court etc).

I need a police certificate now. Can unpaid debt be shown in police certificate in case I have it, even if it has gone to court without me knowing ?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.