+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
469 is too low a score for FSW. Hoping your prediction to be true but looks difficult. At least FSW draw will give OINP a chance to conduct fair draw as well inviting outlanders.
Yeah but considering the number of applicants that can get into the pool, I think it's possible. It's actually good for FSWs that IRCC took CEC draw to clear them off the pool. 455 is the cutoff, imagine how many people in the range of 460 to 470 be cleared out of the pool.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I think what will give a chance to FSW candidates is if they provide an FSW only draw.

And it may seem unlikely now, but i feel like this is the least they can do to compensate FSWs who have been locked out of draws for more than 3 months.

I think that's the move they should make, and that will help ensure parity.

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
I think what will give a chance to FSW candidates is if they provide an FSW only draw.

And it may seem unlikely now, but i feel like this is the least they can do to compensate FSWs who have been locked out of draws for more than 3 months.

I think that's the move they should make, and that will help ensure parity.
But it's very unlikely that IRCC would conduct exclusive FSW draws. But again let's hope..

cchk331

Jun 5, 2020
Atleast a big chunk of candidates got removed from the pool today, so that's something to be happy about. What I don't get though is, how did approx 2000 candidates enter the pool when IELTS and WES are not fully functional especially in countries like India? Are all these H1B guys?
wes finished a batch of reports on the 21st

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
I hope for at least one all program draw in August, can't expect an FSW draw only anytime soon.
Hoping for alternating draws and OINP EOI going to FSW candidate on Human capital stream and Tech Draw

Reactions: lone_ranger

Zan*

Jan 8, 2020
It took me 7months with very serious dedication. I had never been dedicated to any form of study like that my whole life. I got 45points.
hi Dayoncanny, did you start as a French beginner then succeeded to B2 level in just 7 months? How did you do it?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
It was very disappointing that IRCC returned to the PNP/CEC pattern. 430-431 CEC candidates would have been hit hard by this as well.

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
They might want to keep the score intentionally high around 475+ for FSW by not doing regular draws. As you look at CRS tool, it really becomes hard to go above that unless you studied in CAN and/or below 30 years of age. That way they are maybe aiming to keep overseas applications to minimum by not shutting the whole program at least until the covid-19 is gone. Sure there are CEC/PNP candidates outside CAN but the numbers must have been way lower than FSW candidates who are in or outside of CAN, so it is more controllable. Just a thought.
The easiest way to get to 480 is by studying a program in Canada. By keeping FSW draws around 480, they are actually targetting inland FSWs who can get to 480 easily because of the 15 point bonus they get for studying in Canada.

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
I think IRCC only wants people who're in Canada right now. That's why we have only CEC draws, or FSW draws that are near 480. The previous FSW draw was probably targetting inland FSWs who usually have scores above 480.

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
I think IRCC only wants people who're in Canada right now. That's why we have only CEC draws, or FSW draws that are near 480. The previous FSW draw was probably targetting inland FSWs who usually have scores above 480.
Well, we have to wait until the next draw to know what's IRCC is upto

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
I think you get it. I think the next FSW will happen when they know that the number of candidates in the pool increase high enough to make the cut off around 475-480, at least until covid19 is controlled. That way it will target inland FSWs. Well at least there are still draws, in Australia for instance, there is nothing happening and no indication of future invitations as well.
If PNP/CEC draw happens in two weeks then this would be the truth!!

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Best to pause/lower immigration targets for now in view of the massive recession going on in Canada right now.
Let the economy find a new equilibrium (at least 1 year) before resuming PR approvals.
This is beneficial to all.

• Sad
Reactions: RoverMover

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I don't know where to post this, so here it is -

For my FSW EE application, I've received my ITA, and I'm working on gathering all the dcmnts. For the PoF requirement, as I came to Canada as an international student back in 2018, so all of my own savings that I had from my own country (approx. 16,000.00 CAD) got spent on my necessities and tuition in the past 2 years, so is it okay if I get the min. amount for the PoF requirement as a gift from my full-siblings (blood relationship). I have two full-siblings in Canada, both PR, and both of them "combined" are voluntarily willing to gift me the amount required for my PoF requirement. Do I need an "INTER VIVOS DEED OF GIFT" made from both of em ...
Yes you can. But people mentioned that you would need to notarize the deed documents.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-format-of-gift-deed-affidavit-and-loe.487054/

Status
Not open for further replies.