Status
Not open for further replies.

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
I thought I wouldn't let another Wednesday get to me again. But here we are again!

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Just as an FYI - that's not how it works. Opposition parties do not have to be consulted or provide approval on immigration targets. Liberals set these on their own.
This govt is now a minority govt and have to rely on their political ally to bring out amendments. They cannot simply pass laws

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
I thought I wouldn't let another Wednesday get to me again. But here we are again!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This govt is now a minority govt and have to rely on their political ally to bring out amendments. They cannot simply pass laws
Immigration quotas aren't laws. There's no amendment. An example of an amendment would be past changes to residency requirements for citizenship. This is covered under Canadian laws with amendments required, votes from all parties, etc.

You made a statement saying that approval from all parties is required to change immigration quotas. I was simply pointing out that this isn't accurate.

Reactions: cansha

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Still no draws yet?
The last thing i want to see is suspension of entire invitation rounds....
Lets hope for a round this week and hopefully an all program draw...!!

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
I've watched a live yesterday with an immigration lawyer and he said IRCC informed them they will start conducting FSW later this summer. He believes it will happen later August.

Reactions: sponsort

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I've watched a live yesterday with an immigration lawyer and he said IRCC informed them they will start conducting FSW later this summer. He believes it will happen later August.
I feel this information was let out on purpose - because they feel people are getting frustrated. I would not believe anything until it actually happens. Plenty things can still happen between today and the end of summer in September.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yes, i read this news somewhere... Any updates for us in there?
Not sure. I had a scan of the news now, and it looks like they've yet to detail it. It's only 2 pm in Ottawa right now, so there's still time for that, and a draw.

Internet's already full of stupid news articles about the "dangerous deficit". They're always so uninformed (or intentionally lacking in detail) about how government deficits work, and why they can actually be useful. An individual owing money to a bank in order to buy a home isn't irresponsible, but right wing news outlets complain about a government owing money as if it's doomsday. It can be balanced by foreign investment income.

Anyway, I'm still hopeful for us FSWs for this next draw. Let's remain positive and see what happens. :)

• Love
Reactions: AverageIndianGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.