+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hello everyone, as I discussed earlier that I will loose 15 points of my husband's Canadian brother if he left before my application submission. So in order to gain the CRS points I am thinking very seriously to apply alone (independently) to obtain Canadian PR and come back to Pakistan and after that I will apply for my husband's PR. Will it be a wise decision to apply alone? I mean what are the odds I will face in future. Also for how long my PR will be valid? With husband score is 455, without husband 465.
Without husband means?
I think you can either be married or single, right?
There is no extra point if u exclude ur partner, correct me if am wrong...

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
They are married and want to apply for PR. She wants to apply independently and by that way her score increases.
That i understood, but how can she get extra points?
Even if her husband is not included, she is still married right?
Or she if she count points as single/never married even after married, then that is misinformation, i believe....

Jimi01

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
That i understood, but how can she get extra points?
Even if her husband is not included, she is still married right?
Or she if she count points as single/never married even after married, then that is misinformation, i believe....
By choosing partner NOT accompanying, she get extra points same as single.

Reactions: Majid Nawaz

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Just out of curiosity,
Which one should we take for french scores?
TCF or TEF?
and whats the difference?

Asking For someone completely new to french...
You can take either TCF or TEF and need to take all four modules ie listening, reading, writing and speaking and get CLB7 for the extra 40 points. TCF is easier than TEF as per many exam takers but TEF is an older exam so more material is available and many times in speaking and writing, the topics are repeated. Also some say that TCF listening part is tougher. TCF and TEF are not available in all cities, atleast in India, some cities have TEF and some cities have TCF.

Rohit22

Dec 20, 2017
Last year on this forum some ppl were predicting scores to come down to 430s so I waited and didn't improve my scores or look at other options..

Didn't get ITA and now stuck (I'm not blaming anyone else for my actions)

Same thing is happening again as anyone with a differing opinion is put down with abuses. But I ain't waiting anymore and am taking proactive acton rather than being reactive and wait for things to change.
Hope for the best but prepare for the worst ppl!

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Can you reply on my query please.
I repent not doing this and making my profile last year in May when my ECA and IELTS was done and I waited for my husband's IELTS score. That time I was at 457 and would have got the ITA. By the time my husband's ECA came and I made my profile in July, it was too late. Now I am ready to go for masters alone next year and also studying French. So if you can get an ITA by applying as 'spouse not accompanying', you have to decide whether you want to go alone and then apply for your spouse. It is a very personal decision. Also on the PR, you have to land in Canada within one year of your medicals.

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
I think the main reason behind not conducting FSW draws is expectation of sudden drop in the score after few draws as there is no IELTS test, paper based. Keeping the CRS score as high as possible is significant driver to force people to apply for study visa and pay tuition fees. The low score for the CEC draw is not an issue in this respect, because these guys must have already paid tuition fees and taxes too because they worked in Canada.

So it is vital that FSW draws are always high and not accessible for 95% percent of the pool. This should explain the 500,000 international students currently studying in Canada.

Reactions: shinoshino
Status
Not open for further replies.