+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 99th Draw

Kory

Jul 21, 2018
Dear All,

Asking this for a colleague.

He is married. He has CRS of 440, submitted Sept 4. To achieve this, he put that his wife is not accompanying him, because her ECA is pending and due to be out September 26.

If her ECA comes out and she is accompanying him, his score goes to 442.

The challenge is that he will be a year older by October 7. So, he has 2 potential draws before his birthday - September 19 and October 3.

What do you suggest? He holds on for her ECA to be out and risk being invited in only the October 3 draw (assuming there is one) or he remains in the pool as unaccompanied and be potentially invited by September 19.

If he happens to be selected by September 19, can he still make her accompanying upon submission of application?
I'm interested in the answer to this question as i'm in a similar dilemma.

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Dear All,

Asking this for a colleague.

He is married. He has CRS of 440, submitted Sept 4. To achieve this, he put that his wife is not accompanying him, because her ECA is pending and due to be out September 26.

If her ECA comes out and she is accompanying him, his score goes to 442.

The challenge is that he will be a year older by October 7. So, he has 2 potential draws before his birthday - September 19 and October 3.

What do you suggest? He holds on for her ECA to be out and risk being invited in only the October 3 draw (assuming there is one) or he remains in the pool as unaccompanied and be potentially invited by September 19.

If he happens to be selected by September 19, can he still make her accompanying upon submission of application?
If he receive ITA on 19th @ 440 (which seems to be tough going by trends) it would be a rigorous exercise to add spouse at later stage ( Through sponsorship) . My suggestion is to wait for 3rd October ( is there a way to increase score to compensate for points lost due to b'day) . Plz check few other online forums before deciding as it's a tricky choice to make

senthilkumarank

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2018
AOR Received.
04-11-2018
IRCC should take steps on people who declining precious ITAs by charging them like 500-1000 Canadian dollars. I think some people(above CRS 450) not taking it seriously, by declining ITAs and again entering into the pool in no time. This should be restricted. It may be helpful for the people waiting in the pool for a long time

Kurco

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
In my opinion there are only 3 ways the score will touch 438.
Back to back draws.
Number of invitations increased.
Influx of people with score 440+ decreased.

So far during 2018 we have no back to back draws. We are almost in the final lap of the year (final quarter) and still nothing. So this option for me is very unlikely.

Number of invitations may increase for a couple of draws in the next quarter as they need to meet their quota for 2018 yes or yes. This will happen only for 2 or 3 draws and then back down to normal number.

The influx of people has decreased during the year but very very very slowly. So for me this will not help those of us under 440.

All of these are just my perceptions. I am not a CIC worker and BTW i am at 438 since Nov last year. Waiting for IELTS result this week (3rd time this year).

Reactions: JssAmA

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
In my opinion there are only 3 ways the score will touch 438.
Back to back draws.
Number of invitations increased.
Influx of people with score 440+ decreased.

So far during 2018 we have no back to back draws. We are almost in the final lap of the year (final quarter) and still nothing. So this option for me is very unlikely.

Number of invitations may increase for a couple of draws in the next quarter as they need to meet their quota for 2018 yes or yes. This will happen only for 2 or 3 draws and then back down to normal number.

The influx of people has decreased during the year but very very very slowly. So for me this will not help those of us under 440.

All of these are just my perceptions. I am not a CIC worker and BTW i am at 438 since Nov last year. Waiting for IELTS result this week (3rd time this year).
Waiting at 435 and no hope with Ontario either :(

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
If he receive ITA on 19th @ 440 (which seems to be tough going by trends) it would be a rigorous exercise to add spouse at later stage ( Through sponsorship) . My suggestion is to wait for 3rd October ( is there a way to increase score to compensate for points lost due to b'day) . Plz check few other online forums before deciding as it's a tricky choice to make
Yes, he can make the 5 points to be lost to birthday by maxing out his IELTS. There is potential 3 points to be made through him. His wife too can max out IELTS and make potential 4 points. Pretty much there is 7 points on the table from both of them

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10