+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 95th Draw

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I got a noi from ontario at 433 in feb. I don't see them issuing an noi below 438 in the next rounds. There are around 4000 candidates between 438 and 441 and ontario has 2900 nominations left to give for ALL streams.

wvey

Jun 18, 2018
Unless you feel that you would not be able to sponsor your wife later on, why should you not take the "Non-Accompanying" option. Migrating to a completely different country is a major decision in life, and if I am not wrong, many of us from India, would not directly take our entire family in one go. Frankly speaking, one of us goes first, finds a proper work, housing options, school options, commuting requirements and so on ... basically experiencing first hand the scope and challenges in settling down. Once the first mover has hands on experience, which can take anywhere around 3 months to a year, is when we plan to get our dependents there. Idea here is, once you land there as non-accompanying PR (or even before that), you can simultaneously understand everything it would take to Sponsor your spouse (the process might be different), but ultimately you can do it. Little extra time or money here or there, will that matter in the long run??

However, in your case, since you are at 440, wait for another 2 draws, as I think you might get in by then, and since your score will not change till next April, why do you even have to worry to hurry? You have a lot of time to decide on the Non-Accompanying option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
I am at 439 with spouse accompanying and with 'not accompanying' option my score goes to 444 . I am going to lose 5 points at the end of August. Any suggestion for my case?

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Honestly I don't see any rush from CIC to drop that score down. Many factors have changed in 2018 such as more people entering the pool, the new US president, more strict draw process, etc. Forget about 435. I am sorry to say it but that is the reality. Not even with back to back draws the cut off will come down to 435. Maaaybe we will see 437-438 this year IF WE ARE LUCKY (I am at 438). Those below that number stop hoping, believing in miracles and Canadian Angels that will drop the score down. What happened last year with such low scores is in the past. Gone. It will never happen again. They know already that there is no need to go down that much to fulfill their quotas and get high quality immigrants. For all of us below 440 the only way is to improve our score. NOTHING ELSE. Predictions, estimations, excel sheets, plots etc are fine and those who put them together are much appreciated but people please let's get realistic here for once. Yes, it is ROH but hope is not gonna fall down the sky randomly. Need to work for it. All the best for all of us!
+1 for the English and the way you've put it across , that's an IELTS band 8.5 (am not being frivolous). :p
And the points you've mentioned are obviously all true!

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
I am at 439 with spouse accompanying and with 'not accompanying' option my score goes to 444 . I am going to lose 5 points at the end of August. Any suggestion for my case?
So u don't know you have to apply unaccompanying? You are still asking.

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
we in similar situation guess not accompanying is the way to go for us.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
A
we in similar situation guess not accompanying is the way to go for us.
Are you and Spouse both maxed out on IELTS? Do remember that spousal visa takes it's own sweet time. So if you/spouse can re-do IELTS that will be much better.

You have almost one year before your own score falls any further.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Non Accompanying gave my brother few extra points in Jan.18 to reach CRS 435 - Got picked by Ontario for NOI - Nominated in June 18, Received ITA yesterday. If that gives you any strength to make the choice!! It would be a 6 month process once he submits his application and before he receives an outcome... I guess he would have ample time to figure out on the entire process of Spouse Sponshorship then!!

Again, he has to feed the family after he is there... so, in reality he will have to go there and settle down with a decent job and apartment first, before he gets the family there. Add another 6 to 12 months here, in which, if he has a job that pays enough to take care of his family, he will choose to sponsor them. What's the point going there with spouse and kid, and only adding to the woes of taking care of them over and above your own self, while you still have uncertainty almost about everything. Having said that, it also depends on your current financial strength and ability to survive the costs if the entire family is there in a short gap span.

It isn't about leaving your spouse & family behind, it is more about getting there and getting things aligned, so that they have the least difficult time when they arrive.

Also, the joint application, if it gets converted to PR, will have similar timelines for landing there for all (you & your family). Only if you & your spouse are in a position to land, collect your PR Card and finish formalities and then one of you return to your home country till the other is settled there (all of this will involve cost), then you can keep the option of the joint application.

Please note: I ain't considering the drop or rise of CRS, it comes as a second important thing to think about here, first is family. Once you have thought about these, then look into the options of "Accompanying" or "Non Accompanying" and judge for yourself.

To each, his own!! No fixed rules or choices...

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Last edited:

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Anyone with below 439 CRS Score can kiss Express Entry goodbye! I thought I would get an ITA with 438 but it looks impossible right now. Even with a CRS score of 440, it would take 5-6 draws to get an ITA. Time to appear for IELTS I guess. :(
I am at 440 and I feel it is not gonno happen!

Reactions: bactrk

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Absolutely right. Getting married looks like a viable option to increase the CRS! Hehe!
But reading through the post ,it appears people are losing points because of accompanying spouses, so I guess it is out of picture :D

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
@abhishek_89 , @Reddiered07 we need you to guide the sinking ship of optimism to the shores of hope :D . We know we are helpless with the draw cutoffs , but you guys help people like us to sustain this 14 day gap :D . The whole community seem scared and the momentum of hope from ROH 94 is seemingly dismantled. Save us all! :D

Reactions: Reddiered07

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
A

Are you and Spouse both maxed out on IELTS? Do remember that spousal visa takes it's own sweet time. So if you/spouse can re-do IELTS that will be much better.

You have almost one year before your own score falls any further.
Not maxed as you can see in my signature. But nt13 is making a valid point of settling down there without family would make things not that complicated.

Reactions: wvey

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Non Accompanying gave my brother few extra points in Jan.18 to reach CRS 435 - Got picked by Ontario for NOI - Nominated in June 18, Received ITA yesterday. If that gives you any strength to make the choice!! It would be a 6 month process once he submits his application and before he receives an outcome... I guess he would have ample time to figure out on the entire process of Spouse Sponshorship then!!

Again, he has to feed the family after he is there... so, in reality he will have to go there and settle down with a decent job and apartment first, before he gets the family there. Add another 6 to 12 months here, in which, if he has a job that pays enough to take care of his family, he will choose to sponsor them. What's the point going there with spouse and kid, and only adding to the woes of taking care of them over and above your own self, while you still have uncertainty almost about everything. Having said that, it also depends on your current financial strength and ability to survive the costs if the entire family is there in a short gap span.

It isn't about leaving your spouse & family behind, it is more about getting there and getting things aligned, so that they have the least difficult time when they arrive.

Also, the joint application, if it gets converted to PR, will have similar timelines for landing there for all (you & your family). Only if you & your spouse are in a position to land, collect your PR Card and finish formalities and then one of you return to your home country till the other is settled there (all of this will involve cost), then you can keep the option of the joint application.

Please note: I ain't considering the drop or rise of CRS, it comes as a second important thing to think about here, first is family. Once you have thought about these, then look into the options of "Accompanying" or "Non Accompanying" and judge for yourself.

To each, his own!! No fixed rules or choices...

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Yes it indeed helps a lot. Have you done something similar?

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
I agree with this view. Otherwise, why is Ontario only offering PNP's between 433 and 440 in the HCP stream if they thought the scores were going to drop. I think there's been an internal decision to have a soft limit of 440, and Ontario then went 10 points lower to see if there were other profiles they wanted.

I wish I could be more hopeful to everyone below 440, but if it wasn't for my PNP, I'd be totally screwed as I lose 5 points tomorrow because #gettingolder. And where 438 was tough, 433 feels almost invisible.

Ontario is most probably over for the year and most probably we wont see them issuing any more noi for this year. Conservatives came to the power in June and

Ministry of Immigration - Ontario is no more.

It is now Ministry of Economic Development, Job creation and Trade.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Not maxed as you can see in my signature. But nt13 is making a valid point of settling down there without family would make things not that complicated.
That's your personal choice, but going through this anxiety and process twice is not something everyone is comfortable with.
Flexibility of moving alone initially and calling family later is possible even when PR application for the whole family is processed together.

And who knows what policy change might Canada bring in later for spousal application especially the ones where one initially declared spouse as non-accompanying! But to each his own. End of the day it's a personal decision. Goodluck either ways!

Reactions: samikdg