+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 92nd Draw

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yup, that's exactly what I thought. They mostly got in through the food/retails industry which relied heavily on LMIA, but with the changes in Nov 2016, that door was closed forever.

I think after 2019, there will be significant changes in EE, as they might setup some new regulations on NOC and field of study.
I agree with you on the changes after 2019, that's Federal election year...

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with you on the changes after 2019, that's Federal election year...
Yes. The Liberals just lost their hold on Ontario after BC, and Trudeau is not so popular on the federal level now. I think there's 90% the Liberals will lose the next General Election and be replaced by the Conservatives. There's gonna be a world of hurt of the int'l students in 2020+.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Yes. The Liberals just lost their hold on Ontario after BC, and Trudeau is not so popular on the federal level now. I think there's 90% the Liberals will lose the next General Election and be replaced by the Conservatives. There's gonna be a world of hurt of the int'l students in 2020+.
I was just thinking about this last night while watching the election results come in astoundingly quickly with my boyfriend. I wonder what changes are coming to express entry and the immigration system as a whole with Ontario's PC government.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was just thinking about this last night while watching the election results come in astoundingly quickly with my boyfriend. I wonder what changes are coming to express entry and the immigration system as a whole with Ontario's PC government.
Ontario's election was just a provincial one, so they will have no effect on immigration which is a federal policy. It will be decided on October, 2019 when we have the General Election. I'm pretty sure once the Conservatives get back their federal office, they will slash the immigrant quota to the bone.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Ontario's election was just a provincial one, so they will have no effect on immigration which is a federal policy. It will be decided on October, 2019 when we have the General Election. I'm pretty sure once the Conservatives get back their federal office, they will slash the immigrant quota to the bone.
Let's hope they open the tap for ITA's soon

Reactions: Jimmysuperfly

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Ontario's election was just a provincial one, so they will have no effect on immigration which is a federal policy. It will be decided on October, 2019 when we have the General Election. I'm pretty sure once the Conservatives get back their federal office, they will slash the immigrant quota to the bones.
Well that's what I'm wondering, right... despite this only being a provincial election, it still sets the precedent for federal elections, considering that 40% of Canada's population lives in Ontario and will likely continue to vote for the PC party as they progress towards 2019.

GeetaLSharma

Star Member
May 8, 2017
hi there
i am trying to create my profile on cic
can somebody help me to choose the option:-
application type-express entry or online application.
is there any fees involved while submitting this application.Also , how much time it takes for the entire process after receiving ITA , if everything goes smoothly.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well that's what I'm wondering, right... despite this only being a provincial election, it still sets the precedent for federal elections, considering that 40% of Canada's population lives in Ontario and will likely continue to vote for the PC party as they progress towards 2019.
Yup, and they also just lost British Columbia to NDP after 16 years in power.

The thing is with the new program like CES and SDS (which you can get a student visa within 2 months), Canada is receiving way too many international students. As of now, we have close to 500,000 int'l students, a 119% increase from 2010. Imagine these students all flock to apply for PR through EE.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is obvious that Canada needs immigrants to support its aging population. If they start decreasing intake, their economy is at loss.
Of course, they will not put a hold on EE, they will just be more strict and more selective. Like only a certain NOC codes like IT, Accounting or Financial can apply for a work permit, no more chef, no more marketing or hospitality management. Foreign work experience will be harder to be accepted, just like the Australian immigration program.

OMI11

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
That is incorrect. Try adding 3 rows and enter the values with the same ECA number. WES will never provide you "two or more certificate degree diploma" in the summary. The system calculates that for you based on your entries. There is a separate page explaining how to read your ECA.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Hope this helps. I am confidently saying this because I have a bachelors and 2 seconda
Yes according to the above mentioned link your ECA summary should be one of the lines mentioned in thar link not the individual credentials

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Yes but the students dont have to sit for ielts to get admission in Canadian Universities. This might change in the future. Also, studying in Canada doesnt guarantee that your ielts is good and i believe the students who apply for PR later find it a challenge to compete against outland applicants who have more work experience than them.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
True, moreover cpl of other provinces have conservatives govt.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Is that true that there will be only one draw this month. I read on some forum and I am really nervous now.