+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 92nd Draw

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
An aquaintence became Canadian PR... went to Canada, stayed there for three months, got a job offer and then returned for good as ‘Canada is too cold’.( a simple google search could have helped)

A guy claims recieved ITA today (read on a link shared on this thread) , that actually arrived and lying in his mail box for 2 weeks.

A couple i know became Canadian PR (already a naturalised Singapore Citizen and own two houses) ,now dont want to go as they learnt that they are well settled here and thought to get canada PR , since ‘they were getting it’.

Not against free life or freewill or giving any moral sermons but..

#justsharing

PS: Pls dont reply to this or qoute, just read .think . Align

peace

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
I feared IRCC more than God, at least when my application was under their mercy. Now I fear CRA and my bank.

On an unrelated note, I was just reading the newsletter from CanadaVisa, looks like Indian candidates are still dominating the EE pool (account for 42% of all ITAs in 2017) while the Filipinos, once a dominant force in 2016, are no where to be found. Is LMIA the reason why?

The number of Indians is not a big surprise. It is the heavy emphasis on English language proficiency that causes Indians more likely to get ITA.

I believe the drop in Philipino number is due to the reduction in points for LMIA. Their numbers got reduced after points for arranged employment was slashed from 600 to 50.

Reactions: bimale4bipeople

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
There can be many numbers of reason for that. USA situation, more information regarding this process, one successful application triggering multiple application etc. Please don't politicize this forum with half-baked theory.
+ The Australian skilled visa category used to get 2000-4000 invites in a month ( bikweekly draws) now they have reduced to 600 since Dec2017.
That means thousands on new express entry EOIs for Canada.

Reactions: journey21

Slyke

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
+ The Australian skilled visa category used to get 2000-4000 invites in a month ( bikweekly draws) now they have reduced to 600 since Dec2017.
That means thousands on new express entry EOIs for Canada.
Do you have a source for this? I mean, where can I find out more information about this?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
There can be many numbers of reason for that. USA situation, more information regarding this process, one successful application triggering multiple application etc. Please don't politicize this forum with half-baked theory.
This isn't a half backed theory, neither i am politicizing the issue. If we were to look at the US aspect, all these qualified applicant could have moved back home.
I am highlighting the economic aspect. Qualified applicants applying for Canadian immigration "do feel" that they have better prospects out of their home country.

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Exactly !

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The number of Indians is not a big surprise. It is the heavy emphasis on English language proficiency that causes Indians more likely to get ITA.

I believe the drop in Philipino number is due to the reduction in points for LMIA. Their numbers got reduced after points for arranged employment was slashed from 600 to 50.
Yup, that's exactly what I thought. They mostly got in through the food/retails industry which relied heavily on LMIA, but with the changes in Nov 2016, that door was closed forever.

I think after 2019, there will be significant changes in EE, as they might setup some new regulations on NOC and field of study.

Reactions: syntaxrage