+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 92nd Draw

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
IMO this is what happened:
  • You cannot apply for Ontario Nomination, they need to invite you to apply for nomination
  • Ontario would have sent you/your representative an invite to apply (if your CRS is greater than 400 and/or you are in an NOC they urgently need)
  • You/representative would have responded to the Ontario Nomination invite
Either ways, Nice & GL !
Yeah Zoeb,

That's what I quoted earlier to Ronja, I received the Notifications of Interest (NOI) from OINP on 26th Feb. The lawyer asked me would you like to proceed. I did not provide any feedback.
I received an ITA through EE system on 14th Mar. I barely made it above the cut-off... since there was no OINP nomination by then, my EE application says I am CEC.
My org took a call on my behalf after that, to pursue both routes (I was not informed on the OINP one).
There reason was because of my upcoming birthday and IELTS expiry, they were not sure if I will be able to arrange all the documents relating to my EE application. I arranged everything by end of March :).
EE application was submitted on 6 Apr, which i was told about.
OINP application was submitted on 3 Apr. Day before I got an email from OINP requested a duplicate copy of WES (which i had originally issued for IRCC), and that's where I realized what has happened.

So these 2 applications are being processed in parallel.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Applicants really just hoping/waiting for the CRS scores to come down must consider this:
  • the number of provincial nominations will increase going forward; which means more applicants will get 600 additional points putting them above the current cut-off there by increasing the number of applicants above the cut-off resulting in higher cut-off scores during futures draws.
  • the interest/awareness in canadian immigration increasing resulting in more number of applicants into the Express Entry pool and also many above the current cut-off also resulting in higher cut-off scores.
  • each passing month will inch you to a lower CRS score as you will lose points for age taking you further away from the cut-off score.
Please actively work on increasing your (& spouse if applicable) CRS scores, rather than just relying on positive thinking and hoping for the cut-off to come down. All the best.

Reactions: Mayur_M

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Dear friends,
I need your advice. Do you think i can claim points for NOC 1212 Finance supervisor based on this reference letter?

Was responsible for: Processing and ensuring timely payment of monthly salary for all staff (420+),
verifying overtime records and attendance, managing leaves, reconciling monthly payroll, preparing monthly manning report, stationery requisition for finance department, organising departmental meetings, taking minutes of meeting, organising welfare activities for the department, acting as an office administrator to ensure the smooth running of the Finance department, preparing and distributing statement of emoluments every financial year, ensuring timely payment of statutory contributions, ensuring good coordination with other departments, acting as a Secretary to the Director of Finance.

This is the employment letter i received with mentions about hrs of work and salary which i have not included here.

Thank you.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Yeah Zoeb,

That's what I quoted earlier to Ronja, I received the Notifications of Interest (NOI) from OINP on 26th Feb. The lawyer asked me would you like to proceed. I did not provide any feedback.
I received an ITA through EE system on 14th Mar. I barely made it above the cut-off... since there was no OINP nomination by then, my EE application says I am CEC.
My org took a call on my behalf after that, to pursue both routes (I was not informed on the OINP one).
There reason was because of my upcoming birthday and IELTS expiry, they were not sure if I will be able to arrange all the documents relating to my EE application. I arranged everything by end of March :).
EE application was submitted on 6 Apr, which i was told about.
OINP application was submitted on 3 Apr. Day before I got an email from OINP requested a duplicate copy of WES (which i had originally issued for IRCC), and that's where I realized what has happened.

So these 2 applications are being processed in parallel.
What will happen is this: Your EE application for PR will move forward. The OINP application will only add 600 points to your express entry profile which will be of no use as you have already submitted your EE application for PR.

Provincial nomination is a step that benefits before ITA, it is of no value after. All the best !

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
they work on monthly or quarterly targets basis the annual number of immigrants the have targeted. As such it will mostly be proportional except for times when they want to balance their work-load.

past statistics is not a yardstick to predict future/expectations or cut-off score. The increase or decrease in number of applicants above the current cut-off (approx 450) for canada is the only factor that will make a difference within a year, unless ofcourse the government increase the annual number of immigrants planned.
I don't quite understand what you mean by this, can you elaborate?

Because if @special3220 just noticed that they are filling up their quota, that might mean that they will slow down draw frequency, which will certainly affect the future cut off scores. Or is something else that you mean?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
What will happen is this: Your EE application for PR will move forward. The OINP application will only add 600 points to your express entry profile which will be of no use as you have already submitted your EE application for PR.

Provincial nomination is a step that benefits before ITA, it is of no value after. All the best !
I know that Zoeb... thx for quoting the obvious ;)

Going by this rate I may end completing the EE process first... I am not sure if I will get the PR or will have to wait for the OINP to complete there process and then add the points...

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope you are a GOD fearing person brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feared IRCC more than God, at least when my application was under their mercy. Now I fear CRA and my bank.

On an unrelated note, I was just reading the newsletter from CanadaVisa, looks like Indian candidates are still dominating the EE pool (account for 42% of all ITAs in 2017) while the Filipinos, once a dominant force in 2016, are no where to be found. Is LMIA the reason why?

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
I don't quite understand what you mean by this, can you elaborate?

Because if @special3220 just noticed that they are filling up their quota, that might mean that they will slow down draw frequency, which will certainly affect the future cut off scores. Or is something else that you mean?
am not negating anything @special3220 said. imo what everyone here is looking for is if the cut-off score will come down and the gist of my post was that it may not.

my post need to read along with that of @special3220, the only difference with it (if any) is that past trends may not necessary pan out accordingly this year. they adjust basis their work-load and requirement. they may slow down draw frequency, or they could reduce numbers selected in the draws too. in both situations the cut-off will only increase.

guess that clarifies, or were you asking something else :-?

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Going by this rate I may end completing the EE process first... I am not sure if I will get the PR or will have to wait for the OINP to complete there process and then add the points...
why will you "need to wait for the OINP to add points" :confused:, what difference will that make once your PR application is already being processed ? (this is a sincere question, as why you will wait for it is not obvious to me :p)

Reactions: bahariesmoon88

Arod

May 15, 2017
I feared IRCC more than God, at least when my application was under their mercy. Now I fear CRA and my bank.

On an unrelated note, I was just reading the newsletter from CanadaVisa, looks like Indian candidates are still dominating the EE pool (account for 42% of all ITAs in 2017) while the Filipinos, once a dominant force in 2016, are no where to be found. Is LMIA the reason why?

Interesting to see so many people from developed countries such as Australia, France, Ireland and the UK trying to get to Canada.

The US is probably because of Trump which I understand, but Australia?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
why will you "need to wait for the OINP to add points" :confused:, what difference will that make once your PR application is already being processed ? (this is a sincere question, as why you will wait for it is not obvious to me :p)
Because this part I don't know... I am not asking from the point of points being added.. I am asking from a point of that an added process(OINP) is ongoing(which I am aware is independent in one way, but on the other hand is linked to the EE system), so that's why I asked you the question...

I am so miffed with my lawyer at this point that I ain't gonna ask them the question.

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Hey all,

Hope someone can shed light on my doubt. I declined my ITA with CRS 467 because a consultant told me that its not advisable to claim points under 2 different skill levels. Now this draw didnt happen and score is expected go go up.

Can I claim points for 2 different NOC under different skills levels. I have work experience under Skill level A and B which is 3 years and 2 months in total.
Thanks

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Interesting to see so many people from developed countries such as Australia, France, Ireland and the UK trying to get to Canada.

The US is probably because of Trump which I understand, but Australia?
Sometimes people just want a change!