+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 90th Draw

Hcanada11

Nov 15, 2017
You also need to keep in mind the MEC in this case. If you do not meet the MEC at the time of ITA, due to this addition of 1 year in work ex, you may face a rejection later on.
@Maverick28 : can you tell about MEC for CEC 2 years of experience? Because in my case I went to India 2 times in last 2 years. But I have already completed 3400 hours . Am i elligible ?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Reactions: Hcanada11

Jimmysuperfly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Do you have any proof that last draw was just an anamoly? As per my calculations last 6 days(april 20 -25) there were around 1000 new entrants..in last 5 days (may5-9) there were around 1150..not much diff..only around 200
I certainly can't prove anything since we don't get to see the distribution of scores in the week of the draw. But from the analysis here alot were not expecting the suggested number and high crs associated with d last draw

Hcanada11

Nov 15, 2017
if I get ITA on june 1, as I will be having 450 crs on june 1 , but right now its 437 as per 1 yr CEC. Technically, experience of 2 yrs will finish on july 5. Should I decline ITA or continue to apply after july 5 ? Moreover, I went to India 2 times for 2 weeks every time. So, whats your opinion in my case please ?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I certainly can't prove anything since we don't get to see the distribution of scores in the week of the draw. But from the analysis here alot were not expecting the suggested number and high crs associated with d last draw
Were you active on the ROH 89th Draw thread? Most of the predictions were for a CRS cut-off between 438-441 and I don't think you can call it a "high crs associated with this draw"

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
If you get your Diploma evaluated by WES and they finalize as a Diploma (one year) or something similar, you can claim Two or More option.
When you say claim two or more option, do you mean put the two degrees under the education history?

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
That's the official link. So do you read anywhere that the diploma has to be after the bachelor's degree? It just says that one of the program should be of three or more years...
We are all learning, a nd thanks for your input.
It does not say after, but my concern is will the 1 year diploma after evaluation be categorized as one of the results listed, as most start with Postgraduate...certificate,diploma etc.Because if you look down the link for One year programmes you will find the ECA result which is University Diploma, So I dont know if WES will categorize it as Post graduate diploma or just University Diploma.If its not categorized as Post graduate then it may not be eligible for the Two or More degree category.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Please where can we verify this.As i want to be sure.Based on this link and information below; where can a 1 year Diploma done prior to bachelors degree fit in.
I saw this on CIC website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

• Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
We are all learning, a nd thanks for your input.
It does not say after, but my concern is will the 1 year diploma after evaluation be categorized as one of the results listed, as most start with Postgraduate...certificate,diploma etc.Because if you look down the link for One year programmes you will find the ECA result which is University Diploma, So I dont know if WES will categorize it as Post graduate diploma or just University Diploma.If its not categorized as Post graduate then it may not be eligible for the Two or More degree category.
If you get a University diploma ECA, you'll get points for 2 or more degrees. It does not have to be a Post Graduate Diploma.

Read the highlighted text on your previous post and revisit the link you shared. It says, any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), which includes:

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Reactions: nns14

Hcanada11

Nov 15, 2017
if I get ITA on june 1, as I will be having 450 crs on june 1 , but right now its 437 as per 1 yr CEC. Technically, experience of 2 yrs will finish on july 5. Should I decline ITA or continue to apply after july 5 ? Moreover, I went to India 2 times for 2 weeks every time. So, whats your opinion in my case please ?
@Maverick28 : can you please share your opinion , I am waiting for your reply expert member of this group :)

aastha91

May 9, 2018
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
Hi

My CRS score is 435. Is there any possibility for the score to go down this year?

Another thing here is that I had created he profile on my own how should I be sure that it is created correctly. Are there any specific pointers to be noted?

Please help

Jimmysuperfly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I was an ac
Were you active on the ROH 89th Draw thread? Most of the predictions were for a CRS cut-off between 438-441 and I don't think you can call it a "high crs associated with this draw"
I was an ative reader...lol. guys here suggested a large volume of applicant with crs 440+ entered the pool in d week of the draw, thats what i was alluding to.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
@Marverick28 ....Mennnn you nailed it.Bravo. You really read between the lines; I now understand very well.So the other sections are included (Excludes Secondary school) .On this note 1 year diploma before of after first degree gives you Two or more degree.
Please lets share our experiences to learn and ask where not clear.
If you get a University diploma ECA, you'll get points for 2 or more degrees. It does not have to be a Post Graduate Diploma.

Read the highlighted text on your previous post and revisit the link you shared. It says, any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), which includes:

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

canadadream26

May 8, 2018
I was active on roh89 & most people were expecting the cutoff to at least clear 441 but that didnt happen. There was a shock everyone got if I understood it right. So yea it was an abnormal draw based on the comments & analysis in that thread (excluding all other analysis). May be he was referring to the consensus particularly to that thread itself. Though not super abnormal but draw results were not aligned with expectations of many.

Reactions: Jimmysuperfly

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
In applying for WES for Diploma done in a University,what option should I choose?
-University Education
-National Dilopma/Higher Diploma

Last edited:

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Hi

My CRS score is 435. Is there any possibility for the score to go down this year?

Another thing here is that I had created he profile on my own how should I be sure that it is created correctly. Are there any specific pointers to be noted?

Please help
Hey no pointers, just follow the instructions and answer honestly. Also continue following this thread and ask anything you are unsure of. I learnt a lot by reading other ppls questions and answers