+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 89th Draw

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
Should I enquire about the extra charges for tattoo or not ? What do you think ? I will be going to San Diego for medicals.
Don’t think you should enquire. Cic doctors ask you that upfront.
(I didn’t mention anything, doctor asked me if I had any tattoos)

Reactions: Vivu

tulipz

Apr 4, 2016
Submitting last week with a CRS of 459. Hope they send an invite tomorrow. :)
Good luck!

You didn’t ask “what are my chances?” So you will definitely get an ITA

I have insider information that CIC will monitor ray of hope threads from now. They will automatically disqualify people with CRS well above last time’s cutoff but still asking “what are my chances”

M&Ms

Apr 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have been a silent reader for a little while. I just want to say I like the positivity of this group and the encouragement you all have. I’m not in the pool yet and I believe my score will be in the low 430’s but I do hope all of you beautiful people get your dream come true(myself included :)) whether in tomorrows draw or eventually.

syoo6339

May 1, 2018
Does anyone know if this question “when did you get qualified for your occupation” is important? I wasn’t expecting that question but I had to enter the year when creating the EE profile.
My occupation is translator, and the NOC employment guideline says they recommend the candidate to either hold the bachelor’s degree related to that field or have 5 yrs of full time employment. I hold a overseas bachelor’s degree and also an associate degree which are totally not related to that field(majored in computer science) and also started working even before I graduated. So my work experience was earned before I finished both degrees(worked full time while I was doing my undergrad). Been working like 6 year full time before finishing bachelor’s but I can only prove about 1 year of experience based on tax reporting etc etc.
My crs score is calculated based upon only 1 year of experience I entered and so I basically am qualified for FSW stream. However, Im kinda worried about the above question as the NOC guideline recommend 5 years of full time employment... Does that matter much and if that’s the case, what year should I enter for that question(do I also have to submit proofs for this question? like proving 5 years of full time employment)?

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
Does anyone know if this question “when did you get qualified for your occupation” is important? I wasn’t expecting that question but I had to enter the year when creating the EE profile.
My occupation is translator, and the NOC employment guideline says they recommend the candidate to either hold the bachelor’s degree related to that field or have 5 yrs of full time employment. I hold a overseas bachelor’s degree and also an associate degree which are totally not related to that field(majored in computer science) and also started working even before I graduated. So my work experience was earned before I finished both degrees(worked full time while I was doing my undergrad). Been working like 6 year full time before finishing bachelor’s but I can only prove about 1 year of experience based on tax reporting etc etc.
My crs score is calculated based upon only 1 year of experience I entered and so I basically am qualified for FSW stream. However, Im kinda worried about the above question as the NOC guideline recommend 5 years of full time employment... Does that matter much and if that’s the case, what year should I enter for that question(do I also have to submit proofs for this question? like proving 5 years of full time employment)?
Is you experience from outside Canada? Is this occupation regulated there? I think there was an example of a plumber on cic website. You would need to be qualified to work in that occupation in your country in order to claim points.

Last edited:

syoo6339

May 1, 2018
Is you experience from outside Canada? Is this occupation regulated there?
My work experience is outside Canada and it’s not a regulated occupation in my country. There’s a qualification/certification course for translators but it’s not mandatory. Most translators are freely hired without regulations...
How should I enter the year...?

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
My work experience is outside Canada and it’s not a regulated occupation in my country. There’s a qualification/certification course for translators but it’s not mandatory. Most translators are freely hired without regulations...
How should I enter the year...?
By regulated I mean government regulated. Sometimes employers do what they like...
If it's not regulated it would be up to your employer to decide if you are qualified i.e. 3 months of probation.

Maybe someone else would be able to give a better insight on this.

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
My CRS is 421 and my PGWP is expiring soon - what are my options if I want to stay in the country?
I hope it's not too soon? do you qualify for FST? What about LMiA? If you get LMiA you dont event have to use it, but you can claim 50 points i guess and then get PR.

Reactions: Polarbear1

config-terminal

Jan 26, 2018
I hope it's not too soon? do you qualify for FST? What about LMiA? If you get LMiA you dont event have to use it, but you can claim 50 points i guess and then get PR.
Expiring in two months. No LMIA - I don`t think my employer will go for it... :( - lets assume worst, if I don`t get ITA before my PGWP expires, I read few people suggesting to apply for a visitor visa to remain in the country and sort out the affairs with immigration and other things.

Its just so frustrating that I have never been jobless, have Canadian education and still have to go through this - I am totally aware that there are lots of people in the same boat but still... sigh

syoo6339

May 1, 2018
By regulated I mean government regulated. Sometimes employers do what they like...
If it's not regulated it would be up to your employer to decide if you are qualified i.e. 3 months of probation.

Maybe someone else would be able to give a better insight on this.
It’s not regulated also in terms of government policy...
but most importantly, is that question (when did you get qualified for your occupation) important? And do I also need to provide proof for that?