Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
A query for a friend of mine. Seniors please help out.

I was arrested and charged under Canadian criminal code in summer 2015, later in January 2016 the charges were withdrawn, and in August 2017 all my records were erased (file destruction) by Toronto Police and RCMP, I received a letter stating the same, I ordered RCMP fingerprint report last October and the report had nothing, no records were found.

Now, when I apply for PR, they are asking in statutory questions, have you ever been arrested, committed, convicted or charged with an offence under criminal code of any country? What should be my answer? Do I still have the arrest record? Even if my records were destructed? Even my RCMP report doesn’t show anything?

Seniors please advise. Thank you
why does not your friend says exactly what you just told us?
he/she was arrested, but charges were withdrawn and records erased.

the question asks if he/she has been arrested before, not if there are current records. keep it simple and honest.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hey, can you point me to the oinp link which says eca has to be submitted and how? I already sent a copy of the eca to CIC via wes. When submitting the application i received no further instructions on anything that has to be completed.

H
Refer the OINP HCP application guide, Education section 2.1.2 on page 7. There’s a “NOTE” mentioned in the end of section which reads :

Note: When completing your application for an ECA, you must authorize the organization to share the results of your ECA with the OINP. Further instructions can be found in Appendix 4. Failure to grant the OINP access to your ECA results may delay the processing or result in the refusal of your application.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks.

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
Ag

the question asks if he/she has been arrested before, not if there are current records. keep it simple and honest.
Agreed, it may honestly extend the processing time, but in my opinion if your friend tries to hide it, then he might get rejected.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I think you should take advice of a lawyer on this one !
A query for a friend of mine. Seniors please help out.

I was arrested and charged under Canadian criminal code in summer 2015, later in January 2016 the charges were withdrawn, and in August 2017 all my records were erased (file destruction) by Toronto Police and RCMP, I received a letter stating the same, I ordered RCMP fingerprint report last October and the report had nothing, no records were found.

Now, when I apply for PR, they are asking in statutory questions, have you ever been arrested, committed, convicted or charged with an offence under criminal code of any country? What should be my answer? Do I still have the arrest record? Even if my records were destructed? Even my RCMP report doesn’t show anything?

Seniors please advise. Thank you
What is the question? 'have you ever been arrested' or 'do you have a current arrest record'? Answer as yes and add explanation.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
What is the question? 'have you ever been arrested' or 'do you have a current arrest record'? Answer as yes and add explanation.
I would write exactly the same he wrote.
have you ever been arrested? yes.

explain:
I was arrested and charged under Canadian criminal code in summer 2015, later in January 2016 the charges were withdrawn, and in August 2017 all records were erased (file destruction) by Toronto Police and RCMP.

That's it. It is the true according to him. whatever IRCC needs after that, they will do their research or asks for more information, but at least he/she would not be hiding anything. what can happen after this? it is difficult to know, maybe it will take more processing time, maybe they will call Toronto police to know about their process to eliminate records for these cases, maybe they will ask for specific information, or some kind of evidence that it has been withdrawn. I think the important, is to always say the truth.

Last edited:

perpetualROH

Feb 21, 2018
Refer the OINP HCP application guide, Education section 2.1.2 on page 7. There’s a “NOTE” mentioned in the end of section which reads :

Note: When completing your application for an ECA, you must authorize the organization to share the results of your ECA with the OINP. Further instructions can be found in Appendix 4. Failure to grant the OINP access to your ECA results may delay the processing or result in the refusal of your application.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks.
Thank You!!!

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
I will be doing the same! Our score is 441 so really hopeful for the next draw!! And unfortunately no you wont get a refund when you withdraw the application....as far as i have been told once the process fee is paid you cant get refund....
It is not true, once u get ITA and status is still submitted, hit that withdraw button. U will get refunded.

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
Bcz He is not a member of this forum and just wanted to get answer to this question.

Ag

Agreed, it may honestly extend the processing time, but in my opinion if your friend tries to hide it, then he might get rejected.
I would write exactly the same he wrote.
have you ever been arrested? yes.

explain:
I was arrested and charged under Canadian criminal code in summer 2015, later in January 2016 the charges were withdrawn, and in August 2017 all records were erased (file destruction) by Toronto Police and RCMP.

That's it. It is the true according to him. whatever IRCC needs after that, they will do their research or asks for more information, but at least he/she would not be hiding anything. what can happen after this? it is difficult to know, maybe it will take more processing time, maybe they will call Toronto police to know about their process to eliminate records for these cases, maybe they will ask for specific information, or some kind of evidence that it has been withdrawn. I think the important, is to always say the truth.
He just spoke with RCMP and said, he starts fresh from the time records are erased (just like nothing happened) he does not have to disclosed this to anyone (not even govt) as on paper it never happened (once the records are removed) thank for your inputs though.

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Have you ordered a copy (electronic copy) of your ECA to be sent directly to OINP??

My brother was also in the Submitted stage for almost a month as he forgot to do that. Once he did it, his status changed from Submitted to Assessment in 3 days in OINP.

Please note that OINP has introduced a completeness check. Also, they have the right to retain the fees if the delay is from your side to complete the requirements.

This is as per their website, I have read it somewhere, do all checks again at your end.

Thanks!
I did that for 41.08CAD. For two weeks now,no action.

ssnmohammad

Mar 29, 2017
I got following question in both mine and my spouse's Travel History form.

"Has <candidate>, and if applicable, <candidate>'s family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc. "

So, in my travel history form do I have to include my spouse's travel history log? And do i have to do the same for spouse's form?

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hello All,
For Statement of account,If you have other bank accounts that have sufficient amount of money to show proof of funds,Is it necessary to include SOA for salary account (with little amount of money say less than 1K CAD at the time of print out).

I ask because I was thinking it was necessary to support the fact that you work and you earn as your salary SOA will reflect consistent inflow from your employer.
But if not necessary, please advise.

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
If all your documents are correct, getting an ECA takes about 3-4 weeks. This though, is if you have it done through WES. Mine took exactly 3 weeks.
Maybe in some cases. I made the mistake of waiting for my IELTS, I thought the entire process with WES would take around 4 weeks, but it looks like it is going to take 6-7 weeks. And from what I can see this is the case for a lot of people. And yes all my documents are correct, so no mistake/delays on my part.

Thus, I'd advise getting the ECA started with WES as soon as possible.