+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 89th Draw

cic86

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi All,

Its been a year now & absolutely no luck or progress with my score.
Its quite frustrating....
As you can see below , I am losing our marginally & a minimum score of 8777 will take my score to 469 from 403

IELTS (March '17) : L:7.5 R:6.0 W:7.5 S:8.0 British Council
IELTS (Aug '17) : L:9.0 R:6.0 W:6.5 S:8.0 British Council
IELTS (Feb '18) : L:8.0 R:6.5 W:7.0 S:6.5 IDP
IELTS (March '18) : L:7.5 R:7.0 W:6.5 S:7.5 British Council
CLB 9 will take my score to 469 from 403

Any advice's , please feel free...
CELPIP is also accepted so maybe you can try that if IELTS is not working out.

Polarbear1

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
India
PR Card processing timeline is 57 Days and not actual PPR time. I would advise to wait for 2-3 months more and land together instead of applying on Spouse Sponsorship post arrival in Canada which can take 10-14 months more. Choice is yours. Best Wishes.! :)
Thanks....I am in exactly same situation...sitting at 433..but there appears to be no surety thst scores will drop that further n consultants are giving this going separate advise...not a good one but we know that another birthday will deduct few more precious points.

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Thanks....I am in exactly same situation...sitting at 433..but there appears to be no surety thst scores will drop that further n consultants are giving this going separate advise...not a good one but we know that another birthday will deduct few more precious points.
Everyone, including me, regrets not applying last year when the competition was low. For now, if your birthday is not in the next two months you can wait till June end for cut-off to drop to your score and then go the other route if that doesn't happen.

Polarbear1

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
India
Once you learn the technique, which is in the videos for MCQ, you can use it on any materials that you can find for Listening. Try Cambridge IELTS 7-12. All the best!
Could you advise....shall I use your technique to improve my husband's(spouse's) ielts score. He has a 7.5....L 7.5 R 8 W 6.5 S7...how much would the effect be...I akready have 8.5

Apr 28, 2018
Could you advise....shall I use your technique to improve my husband's(spouse's) ielts score. He has a 7.5....L 7.5 R 8 W 6.5 S7...how much would the effect be...I akready have 8.5
If you have over 5 years of experience then why to trouble him. You become the primary applicant. This way you both will save money and he will save the stress of an exam too...

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Why you need temporary work permit if you have PR.?
well.. what i mean is your spouse can get a temporary work permit till she gets PR right ? So that she starts working... just asking.. cause i read on their site... and how much time does it take for the PR Card?

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submitted

What? This is so scary.. What's your CRS score? If draws get to 437, I will use speed of light in withdrawing my app. I need that 1500cad back. I submitted my NOI April 11.
My OINP was in submitted stage for more than 2 months. After positive EOR in my Dec 2 IELTS test, I withdrew my OINP application and got the refund in about 2 weeks I believe. I don't know how OINP is working at the moment, but thankfully for me, they worked at tortoise pace or let's say didn't work in my application at all; most probably cos they are mostly interested in ICT NOCs.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish!! But unfortunately no refund....i will just be glad to be able to go as early as possible....PNP is quite slow.....
Once you get the nomination, post ITA process has improved dramatically since late last year. Check immitracker.com. one PNP-O got PPR in 16 days after AOR in March. FSW-O unless applied from the US are slow at the moment.