+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 89th Draw

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Can anyone please help me here.
I have experience under 2171 code from
15th Apr 15 - 04 Apr 16 ( 11 days short of 1 year)
11th Apr 16 - till date (still working),
so will my experience be counted as 3 years?? Technically I have completed my 3 years (15 Apr 15 - till date, with 11 days gap)
Does IRCC count number of days to determine experience duration?
Are both of these jobs noc 2171? Or second one 0, A or B type? If yes then you have 3 years of experience. However your primary NOC would be your second job because you must show at least 1 year full time or equal amount of part time Continuous work experience at your primary noc. Rest of the experiences can be less than a year but you will get points for total 3 years combined.

Hope you have understood. Good Luck!

Reactions: divyanshohr

Hardit singh

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Can it be possible that draw doesnt happen on 9th??
If it doesn't, then 441 can be expected on 16th may ?
I m being pessimistic.
But i think should consider both sides of coin

Reactions: liezlvinci8
May 2, 2018
I have a CRS score of 432. Profile created on April 20th 2018. Bachelor's degree, NOC-2133 Ielts - L-8,R-9,W-7,S-7. Can someone please help me with following queries:

1) Should I just wait for ITA through express entry?
2) Should I take IELTS again to improve my CRS score? A perfect 9 band in all the modules will get me to 441.
3) Should I start exploring PNP options?
4) Process of obtaining PNP is quite confusing to me. Will the province just pick my profile from the pool or should i apply through that particular province's website.?
Can someone help me understand the process of PNP because I do not want to apply through the agents.?

tristonz

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
I have a CRS score of 432. Profile created on April 20th 2018. Bachelor's degree, NOC-2133 Ielts - L-8,R-9,W-7,S-7. Can someone please help me with following queries:

2) Should I take IELTS again to improve my CRS score? A perfect 9 band in all the modules will get me to 441.
4) Process of obtaining PNP is quite confusing to me. Will the province just pick my profile from the pool or should i apply through that particular province's website.?
Can someone help me understand the process of PNP because I do not want to apply through the agents.?
Leave the profile in the pool.
Meanwhile work on IELTS. 441 is a solid amount. Its worth the try.

Ontario PNP is issued by them. You don't have to apply. They will let you know if they pick you up. I saw somewhere in this forum that they have started issuing new invitations for their PNP stream. So you just might get one soon.

Reactions: Polarbear1

manish2018

Nov 17, 2017
Hi,

I worked for an SAT, GRE test prep private company (The Princeton Review) for over a year as a verbal trainer. I taught the English component. I then switched to another organization where I teach IELTS in addition to the verbal part of SAT. Both these organization are privately run and are registered.

My questions:

A) Would NOC code 4021 be appropriate for my profession?

B) Would my work be accepted by CIC? I am apprehensive about this. With a 441 CRS, I am hopeful of an ITA soon.

I have obtained CLB 10 scores. My ielts scores: L -8.5, R -8, W-7.5, S-8.5 ( I shared these because the visa officer may see these relevant to my profession).

Please help me with this conundrum. Also share experiences of anyone with similar background who obtained the PR. I am yet to find anyone.

Thanks a ton.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

I worked for an SAT, GRE test prep private company (The Princeton Review) for over a year as a verbal trainer. I taught the English component. I then switched to another organization where I teach IELTS in addition to the verbal part of SAT. Both these organization are privately run and are registered.

My questions:

A) Would NOC code 4021 be appropriate for my profession?

B) Would my work be accepted by CIC? I am apprehensive about this. With a 441 CRS, I am hopeful of an ITA soon.

I have obtained CLB 10 scores. My ielts scores: L -8.5, R -8, W-7.5, S-8.5 ( I shared these because the visa officer may see these relevant to my profession).

Please help me with this conundrum. Also share experiences of anyone with similar background who obtained the PR. I am yet to find anyone.

Thanks a ton.
Cannot suggest a suitable NOC for you. Use the NOC tool to find one. But if there exists a NOC which has matching roles and responsibilities as your job then select that and ofcourse it will be accepted by CIC as long as supported by proper documentation ( written on company letter head of your prev/current company with R&R, salary, hours worked).

Jakilee

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

My CRS was 441 dropped to 436 in April and I just finished a self imposed sabbatical so as to complete a diploma I left uncompleted before just to get point for 2 cert. My point is, yes it cost me money and time but at least I am not just sitting helplessly. My advice, if you get NOI, jump at it, also retake the IELTS. At least you are diversifying your chances and don't always expect CIC to be consistent, when I created my profile at 441 in december, if someone told me I won't get ITA b4 birthday in April I would have said no way.

So to everyone always asking similar questions, if the possibility of increasing your CRS is in your control, use it, before CIC shift the ground underneath you.

chiragjoshi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hello everyone!

I need an urgent advise. I submitted my OINP application by March 15 which is more than 45 days by now with 'Submitted' stage still. My score is 438. I have called the Ontario office and they said if I withdraw my application now, I will get a refund in two weeks. What do you think of the chances me getting a direct ITA in next two months? Anyway, Ontario goes slow as snail for me.

Do you think it's good idea to go for 1500 CAD and wait for an ITA?

Please suggest me before they move the status from Submitted to assessment.
The reason we all paid for oinp is that it is more of an insurance premium that we paid to secure our place in the coming ITAs. What if the draw takes place with 3 week gap. What if the number of ITAs remain same. That's why even I didn't withdraw when I faced the same s

Teja2000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Yes you need to send via WES assuming you used WES for evaluation.
Thanks friend for the response,

I sent one copy to IRCC when credentials were assessed in year 2015. Do we need to send a separate copy to Ontario PNP?
If yes, how to send them as i am not seeing their address while searching in WES.

Teja2000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
I believe this should be your EE profile reference, so state "EE Profile: XXX "
I have mentioned as ECA for OINP Application no : XXX (this number generated when i have submitted my OINP online and this is different from EE profile number). Please comment on this if my approach is incorrect.

RFC

Jan 8, 2018
I have mentioned as ECA for OINP Application no : XXX (this number generated when i have submitted my OINP online and this is different from EE profile number). Please comment on this if my approach is incorrect.
Yes that will work fine, having one of these as a reference will make things easy for Ontario. Worst case scenario - OINP will send you an ADR. You can then confirm this has been made available via WEs, and provide them with the reference you used. Good luck!