Ray Of Hope - 87th Draw

jagan4u

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
Once I mentioned on RoH thread that CIC is so evil that they will even make us hate our own birthdays. On the contrary, they can make us love our Mondays too!
Very true... love, yes ... but not much until we find our CRS more than the cut-off :p:D

Last edited:
Reactions: mathansri

jagan4u

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
What's your most pessimistic prediction? You were bang on last time if I remember correctly...
I guess a +3 to the expectation (441, 443, 446) would be the most pessimistic coz I think the figure of 2100+ in 450-600 range was as a result of something significant happening somewhere, otherwise there is a steady influx of high scorers into the pool...this is assuming 3000 ITAs per draw....if IRCC becomes generous like last year, then the game changes on its head for sure...we will see more happier faces than ever :D:D:)

raj_modi13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hope Ahmed Hussen change rules soon. He said that 300.000 inmigrants will be accepted in 2018 , but 6000 ITA are issued by month (included EE, PNP, etc), this make 72000 ITA the whole year. Was wondering how will reach the goal? Good luck to everyone !!!!!
This year's target is 310,000 people not ITAs. Also, they have increased percentage of PNP in the overall targets. Having said that, last year it was 300,000 which translates to 86,023 ITAs but it does not mean 310,000 translates to more than 86,023 ITAs since it could very well be possibility of having 3 or 4 family members per ITA getting filled this year.
The biggest blunder they did last year was gave away 3900 ITAs back to back considering they won't meet the target but coming towards the end of the year they realized that they were going over quota so they reduced the ITAs.
What I think is they will continue with this magic number, and if they see they are not meeting the target they might increase the ITA during the end of the year!

Reactions: Eli31 and ankurrana

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This year's target is 310,000 people not ITAs. Also, they have increased percentage of PNP in the overall targets. Having said that, last year it was 300,000 which translates to 86,023 ITAs but it does not mean 310,000 translates to more than 86,023 ITAs since it could very well be possibility of having 3 or 4 family members per ITA getting filled this year.
The biggest blunder they did last year was gave away 3900 ITAs back to back considering they won't meet the target but coming towards the end of the year they realized that they were going over quota so they reduced the ITAs.
What I think is they will continue with this magic number, and if they see they are not meeting the target they might increase the ITA during the end of the year!
Lets start with the part where you stop using the whole immigration quota that includes, Quebec, Spouses and minor children, parents and grand parents, paper based PNP, Atlantic pilot project, business and start up immigration and of course refugees.

Once you will check the goals for different streams, you would find out that the quota for EE is less than 100k immigrants ( a bit depend what % of PNP do already use EE).
And if all you take is the average family size as 2 people (some are single but some have children).
You will quickly find out that all it takes are less than 50k successful applications to meet the quota. So anything above that is for rejections, cancellation and ignoring ITAs.
So yes they could easily meet the quota with current levels of ITA. (as we do not know all the data).

AJ2186

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
United Kingdom
Sitting in at 431. Losing hope.
Do not loose hope. I am at 430 and I have very high hope that we will receive out ITA's. If CRS can increase by 15 points then I am sure it can also go down by 15 points. This is an unpredictable journey and do not listen to people who keep saying next round it will be this score...or that score...most of the time what they say is wrong and IRCC comes slamming back with an unpredictable score.

Have hope...but with a realistic mentality. and CRS of 431 is realistically a good score to get you your ITA. Stay strong

siriusrooney

Jan 4, 2018
Do not loose hope. I am at 430 and I have very high hope that we will receive out ITA's. If CRS can increase by 15 points then I am sure it can also go down by 15 points. This is an unpredictable journey and do not listen to people who keep saying next round it will be this score...or that score...most of the time what they say is wrong and IRCC comes slamming back with an unpredictable score.

Have hope...but with a realistic mentality. and CRS of 431 is realistically a good score to get you your ITA. Stay strong
This is exactly what is keeping me going. I have 429. Even if my spouse increases her IELTS, it will go up only until 433. Hoping for a miracle and/or PNP from Ontario or another province (My NOC should be 2173 as I'm working in the software field - so have high hopes of getting one PNP nomination).

Reactions: AJ2186

maanharvir

Feb 4, 2017
This is exactly what is keeping me going. I have 429. Even if my spouse increases her IELTS, it will go up only until 433. Hoping for a miracle and/or PNP from Ontario or another province (My NOC should be 2173 as I'm working in the software field - so have high hopes of getting one PNP nomination).

Same situation as me CRS 429 and my spouse can improve by a maximum of 2 to 4 points but with very fewer hopes on that as she doesn't have time to prepare and appear in IELTS. My NOC is 2171

siriusrooney

Jan 4, 2018
Same situation as me CRS 429 and my spouse can improve by a maximum of 2 to 4 points but with very fewer hopes on that as she doesn't have time to prepare and appear in IELTS. My NOC is 2171
Let us hope our number also comes!

Also, other than Ontario and Saskatchewan, which other provinces accept profiles with no connection to them?