VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any ideas on how many NOIs will be issued for 2018 HCP stream.

Also the OINP website States 1440 nomination have been issued out of current 6600 quota. I assume these are for OINP submissions that opened in November timeframe. So, that would make 1400 less NOIs for this year ?
Count with app. 3000 to 4000 PNP immigrants through that stream.

They do have 6000 PNP immigrants to nominate (that includes spouses and children).
So now does 1440 nominations means issued PNP certificate or PNP immigrants. Because if it is the first one, that would translate to the hefty amount of app. 2500 - 2800 immigrants using that stream. So yes not many opened spots for others.

canon1978

Feb 14, 2018
Sorry Friends, I got the Ontario PNP invitation message. Thanks.
Teja, May I ask you if your job offer is supported by LMIA? My CRS is 428 and have been working in IT for 13 months now (no LMIA) Do you think I am eligible to meet the HCP stream criteria / job offer in Ontario?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
My CRS score is 451 and I did not get ITA in recent draw on 26th March 2018. I was pretty sure that I will get ITA, so I wait 48 hours but it’s over 48 hours and I still waiting for it.
What will be the reason behind that. What can I do about it now. Please suggest me.
Thank you
Count with app. 3000 to 4000 PNP immigrants through that stream.

They do have 6000 PNP immigrants to nominate (that includes spouses and children).
So now does 1440 nominations means issued PNP certificate or PNP immigrants. Because if it is the first one, that would translate to the hefty amount of app. 2500 - 2800 immigrants using that stream. So yes not many opened spots for others.
it is the number of nominations issued and not immigrantsi.e 1 per each profile, it does not take into consideration number of members per profile.

Nomination Report
Total Number of Nominations as of (Date):
Number of Nominations Issued Number of Nominations Remaining (out of 6,600)
March 7, 2018 1,409 5,191

5191 nominations more to be issued this year.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
My score is 451 and I did not get ITA still, I don’t know the reason behind it. Please let me know if you find it why they causing delay despite having sufficient CRS scores. Or what we need to do next,
Thank you
You should have got your nomination in the last draw. If you feel you've still not got it, write to the IRCC.

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
woahh, thanks for sharing brother. Congrats on clearing TEF. However, what mistake do you think have you done that got you just a CLB 5 in Speaking and CLB 6 in Writing? Your Reading and Listening score is outstanding, so what did you do to reach CLB 8/9 level in these two sections?

& finally, after taking the exam, what do you think one should do to prepare himself for TEF to the soonest possible?

People say that one needs to be in B2 level to crack TEF, is it so? or one can be in B1 level too but knows the structure of the exam to crack TEF with CLB 7 at least in all of the modules, is it possible?

Bro, your expertise and help will undoubtedly help us a lot. :) thank you....
My mistake was that I didn't prepare enough for the Speaking part. I should have at least hired somebody to practice it with. Now, it turned out that the exam was the first occasion for me to actually speak with somebody in french.
As for reading and listening it was pretty simple for me: a good dictionary, some online tools and as much as possible of immersion into the french texts and videos. However as regards these two skills I think it is very important to do it regularly. My personal experience shows that it is better to spend learning it just one hour a day than doing it for 7 hours in a row once a week.
If you don't have much time left before the exam then I think it is no point in learning anything new, either words or grammar. It's more useful to just repeat what you already have to solidify it instead of trying to expand because you will find yourself in a very stressful situation. My experience shows that you won't be able to express all the fancy things anyway, it's better to know just something but be confident about it and render it fast. And the most important thing is to go through a demo exam at least once. That one step will probably help you more than a whole month of intense studying. Once again because in the face of the exam stress the least that you want to be occupied is trying to understand the exam structure and proceedings.
So, I think if you are already familiar with the exam itself and you solidified your B1 knowledge by constant repetition it might be even possible to achieve B2 if all circumstances are favorable.
The bonus is that we all have already taken IELTS, many of use multiple times. Both exams are very similar in their structure.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

Teja2000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Teja, May I ask you if your job offer is supported by LMIA? My CRS is 428 and have been working in IT for 13 months now (no LMIA) Do you think I am eligible to meet the HCP stream criteria / job offer in Ontario?
Hi Friend,

I don't have LMIA and you are eligible for HCP Job offer stream if your work permit valid for one year from now or few months with extension hope.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
My mistake was that I didn't prepare enough for the Speaking part. I should have at least hired somebody to practice it with. Now, it turned out that the exam was the first occasion for me to actually speak with somebody in french.
As for reading and listening it was pretty simple for me: a good dictionary, some online tools and as much as possible of immersion into the french texts and videos. However as regards these two skills I think it is very important to do it regularly. My personal experience shows that it is better to spend learning it just one hour a day than doing it for 7 hours in a row once a week.
If you don't have much time left before the exam then I think it is no point in learning anything new, either words or grammar. It's more useful to just repeat what you already have to solidify it instead of trying to expand because you will find yourself in a very stressful situation. My experience shows that you won't be able to express all the fancy things anyway, it's better to know just something but be confident about it and render it fast. And the most important thing is to go through a demo exam at least once. That one step will probably help you more than a whole month of intense studying. Once again because in the face of the exam stress the least that you want to be occupied is trying to understand the exam structure and proceedings.
So, I think if you are already familiar with the exam itself and you solidified your B1 knowledge by constant repetition it might be even possible to achieve B2 if all circumstances are favorable.
The bonus is that we all have already taken IELTS, many of use multiple times. Both exams are very similar in their structure.

Thanks for your detailed analysis on your experience. I am sure it will help us a lot. If you can share what tools did you find helpful and what dictionary was a good one for you it will be further appreciable.

Lastly, for a demo, what can we do to find samples of TEF exam structures? it will be great if you can share some youtube or other channels which helped you to rise to B1 level from A2. thanks mate and if I need any help I will get in touch with you :)

Best of luck with your PR processing.....

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Earnestly waiting ooooooooooo @ 425... When will I receive my ITA... This April must not pass me... CIC pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yes let April be the busy month of 2018...... I am waiting at 424...... but May, June and July are fine as well ;)