+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope - 87th Draw

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi, could you explain me how Can I apply to Ontario province ? My score is just 367, probably won't get ITA under EE program never

Not really low crs.
In my case I am at 445 with both ielts and tef. Was invited by Ontario. However I want to see how the next draw go before I submit for Ontario .

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Th
thanks.... so OINP is only for following NOCs:

• NOC 0131: Telecommunication Carriers Managers
  • NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
  • NOC 2133: Electrical and Electronics Engineers
  • NOC 2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
  • NOC 2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
  • NOC 2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
  • NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
  • NOC 2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
  • NOC 2175: Web Designers and Developers
  • NOC 2241: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
  • NOC 2281: Computer Network Technicians
  • NOC 2282: User Support Technicians
  • NOC 2283: Systems Testing Technicians
  • NOC 5224: Broadcast Technicians
  • NOC 5241: Graphic Designers and Illustrators
is is last years list...

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi Folks,

Since OINP invitations were sent to 480 people from 351 - 446 CRS we again have 480 people at the front of the queue. So assuming bimonthly draws what CRS shall we expect in the next draw definately more than 446?
Not so quickly, I'm hoping.

All 480 may not accept the NOI. Even if they do, it takes 1-3 months to get the PNP nomination. So you'll not see an immediate spike in scores. The March draw showed high intake at higher scores because lots of people got OINP PNP nominations by then, while the actual OINP draw happened in January this year.

So, if any draw in June has a 3 week wait time, expect the CRS to shoot up to high 450s again.

Reactions: Nitin Shukla

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
thanks.... so OINP is only for following NOCs:

• NOC 0131: Telecommunication Carriers Managers
  • NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
  • NOC 2133: Electrical and Electronics Engineers
  • NOC 2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
  • NOC 2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
  • NOC 2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
  • NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
  • NOC 2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
  • NOC 2175: Web Designers and Developers
  • NOC 2241: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
  • NOC 2281: Computer Network Technicians
  • NOC 2282: User Support Technicians
  • NOC 2283: Systems Testing Technicians
  • NOC 5224: Broadcast Technicians
  • NOC 5241: Graphic Designers and Illustrators

FYI....there are no NOC's for HCP stream this year for OINP. I guess there were some NOC last year for the target ICT NOC's for which OINP even issued NOI for lesser than 400 CRS score on July but in general all NOC's are applicable for getting NOI that are above 400 CRS under HCP stream...hope all is clear

Reactions: desmat

Johnny Ghaddar

Aug 27, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Nomination.....
25-06-2018
12 hrs later of when it happened, i saw ITA in my mailbox, terrific Tuesday for me.
thanks everyone for the knowledge posted in this forum that had helped me.
cheers and good luck to all
Score and NOC ?

Johnny Ghaddar

Aug 27, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Nomination.....
25-06-2018
Hi, could you explain me how Can I apply to Ontario province ? My score is just 367, probably won't get ITA under EE program never
Search the forum please.

Johnny Ghaddar

Aug 27, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Nomination.....
25-06-2018
I would suggest otherwise as I am in a similar situation. If its gonna drop down to 441 it will eventually drop down to 438 and a CLB 10 is not a guarantee every time. In case you are not willing to wait it out the go for OPNP and play it safe.

coldfire101

Jul 17, 2016
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the noob question but I just thought I'd get some quick info from reliable folks here.

I see that my chances to get an ITA a re dwindling by the day seeing that I currently stand at an undesirable 433. So I'd like to go ahead with the PNPs. Especially Ontario PNP as that seems to be all the rage now and Toronto seems to be a good place overall.

So, can someone please explain how to go ahead and apply for a PNP? I was under the impression that once I create an Express Entry profile, it'll automagically get forwarded to the provinces too. I thought that was the whole reason we check those provinces boxes while creating a profile. However, from my recent communication with an immigration consultancy here, I came to know that it's an entirely different process and that we need to file our nomination explicitly. They said I stand a good chance with my score and that OINP is almost guaranteed. They charge 60k INR for the same. So I thought I'd come here and get to know the low-down on how it's done so I could probably get it done myself without paying a consultancy.

Thanks for reading. Sorry for the long post. Awaiting responses. :D

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the noob question but I just thought I'd get some quick info from reliable folks here.

I see that my chances to get an ITA a re dwindling by the day seeing that I currently stand at an undesirable 433. So I'd like to go ahead with the PNPs. Especially Ontario PNP as that seems to be all the rage now and Toronto seems to be a good place overall.

So, can someone please explain how to go ahead and apply for a PNP? I was under the impression that once I create an Express Entry profile, it'll automagically get forwarded to the provinces too. I thought that was the whole reason we check those provinces boxes while creating a profile. However, from my recent communication with an immigration consultancy here, I came to know that it's an entirely different process and that we need to file our nomination explicitly. They said I stand a good chance with my score and that OINP is almost guaranteed. They charge 60k INR for the same. So I thought I'd come here and get to know the low-down on how it's done so I could probably get it done myself without paying a consultancy.

1. For OINP you'll get a NOI from Ontario, only then you can apply on their site. If you satisfy the criteria under which they're looking, you'll get an NOI. To get an NOI preferably your profile must have been created this year (going by the trend).
2. Not sure if your consultant saying 60k INR is for the application or for just filling the form. The fees are 1500 CAD. Filling the application form and uploading documents is free of cost.

Reactions: Johnny Ghaddar

ITA_Warrior

Mar 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

Ontario select some profiles from EE based on job noc and connections to ontario. Then they send NOI(notice of interest) to selected candidates and only then you can apply for OINP.

Its never guaranteed that you will get NOI but this is ray of hope and 433 is not bad for NOI if your job is IT related.

Reactions: coldfire101

pedro2121

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
@jessekay @pedro2121 @Titanium @Midnight Blessing @Mithu3 @Aarti123
and other friends in ROH

As promised here are my scores from the TEF exam for an illustration of what could be expected.
Reading - C1 - CLB 9 - 6 points;
Listening - C1 - CLB 8 - 3 points;
Writing - B2 - CLB 6 - 1 point;
Speaking - B1 - CLB 5 - 1 point.

In total, I've received 11 points and since this effort lasted more than a year (15 months) I've already lost 5 points due to my age. Still, I think it was worthy for the extra 6 points earned. Unfortunately, I failed to get the bonus.

Some analysis for those who are interested in getting some points on French exams:
1. The 30 points bonus is all that matters and you get it only if none of the skills is less than CLB 7. As you can see I've made a mistake in my preparation for the exam. Some skills are too high while others lag behind.
2. I agree that it is possible to speed up on learning process if you take courses or have somebody to communicate with you in French.
3. Even though you study alone by yourself you WILL eventually get a bunch of points. My case proves what you can do that because I'm not gifted for languages. I was just an average Joe at school or college in that field. BUT... you will have to spend at least an hour or two every day.
4. I doesn't take years to learn a new language if you have motivation and persevere in it.
Well done mate. your work is truly inspiring and enlightening. did you achieve that just via self-study?

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
CIC Employees were clearly seeing all the predictions on this forum and thought they should show everybody no-one can predict what they're going to do. :D
and my hunch is "that CIC employee" is the sole creator of multiple ROH threads :p:p:D:D:D

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Reactions: sundar17feb99

MaxMathew

Mar 29, 2018
Hey everyone… I am new to this thread and forum. An ITA seems very unlikely with my CRS score. I have maxed out the IELTS and my wife also has high scores. I just had a basic question:
IF I were to do a full time 1-yr PG Diploma (say from Douglas College), how much will it help my CRS score? Since I already hold a WES verified 3-yr Indian bachelor degree, I will select the ‘Two of more degree/diploma’ option, adding 32 points (which alone I believe won’t be worth much considering I would have lost 10 points by then basis age). However, the next question ‘Do you have a Canadian Education’, against which I will select the option ‘One-year post graduate Diploma/Certificate’, which adds 15 more points, would bring my CRS score to a hopeful 450.
Do you guys think it will be worth doing? I am already leaning towards going ahead with studying, but would really love your experienced opinions.
Sorry if this is too lame to ask :p
Thanks.