+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

ee_candidate

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

Hope some experts can help us in this regards

We recently had our PR application approved. My wife is the primary applicant and i am her dependent.

She is currently in Sydney, Australia and I am in Denver, US. We both got our passports stamped from our respective places, she got hers from Sydney and I got from Ottawa.

She would be travelling to US to visit me in May and we plan to land in Canada together. But the flight tickets we are getting is with Air Canada through Vancouver to Denver. Does she needs to do her landing at Vancouver or she can travel to Denver through US pre-clearence and arrive in Denver.

My dilemma is she does her landing at Vancouver than we both cannot go to land together and visit my brother. Can she catch her US flight without doing landing at Vancouver? later we can land at Toronto together.

@DelPiero07
I do not know your nationality.. but you may need a transit visa through Vancouver if you decide not to use your CoPR.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Hope some experts can help us in this regards

We recently had our PR application approved. My wife is the primary applicant and i am her dependent.

She is currently in Sydney, Australia and I am in Denver, US. We both got our passports stamped from our respective places, she got hers from Sydney and I got from Ottawa.

She would be travelling to US to visit me in May and we plan to land in Canada together. But the flight tickets we are getting is with Air Canada through Vancouver to Denver. Does she needs to do her landing at Vancouver or she can travel to Denver through US pre-clearence and arrive in Denver.

My dilemma is she does her landing at Vancouver than we both cannot go to land together and visit my brother. Can she catch her US flight without doing landing at Vancouver? later we can land at Toronto together.

@DelPiero07
I do not know your nationality.. but you may need a transit visa through Vancouver if you decide not to use your CoPR.
We don't know your nationality and the agreement between your country and Canada so we can't say about the transit.
In case you need transit visa, I am quite sure that they are not going to give you any temporary visa since you have your COPR, means you need to do landing.

RiseUp

Mar 15, 2018
Hey RiseUp ! Since, your partner is not accompanying you, would you be asked to provide an evidence supporting why she isn't accompanying ? I am just curious since i am in the same situation too. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Yes I am planning to provide LoE right away when I apply. Since I just had daughter 2 months back, I am planning to say I need to make arrangements, settle down & even will quote climate difference. This are pretty generic reasons though but stands true. If you just have wife even that is fine, not an issue submit loe.

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I had the same problem. My DOB is present in my educational documents. So I did not write any LOE. Not sure if it will be considered an issue. So make sure your DOB is present.

Mostly people from developing nations did not follow the first name, last name format atleast until the previous decade. Only the passport had last name, which forced us into putting either the dad's name or the family name.
My Degree and Marksheet doesnt have DOB.But i have the old passport with the incomplete name and the new passport has the old passport number.

Would this help?

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I was checking NOC CODE 2174
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers

Do i have to be only programmer or do i have to be both? I am a software programmer which is covered in example title, but i havent done much work in interactive media development.

so is this a problem? or shall i use 2173

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Reactions: Gagan3101

Parvish86

Mar 14, 2018
Hi friends I'm new in forum ,but
was reading all ur msgs for almost 2 month,I mean at that time it was ROH 85 you people are so supportive,thanks I actually got lots of answers to questions which never asked,,,our score is 433 ,was hoping that when I ll update it with my wife's WES but I dnt really know why it's not updating nd score doesn't change,it's been 4 days..I was hoping for it to update till Wednesday but it seems thay not happening for me...

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
With the present target for this year slightly more than last year and since total no of ITA issued so far is much less compared to this time last year, I am wondering how the next few months will pan out for us. I dont know how CIC will go about it and how will they manage to fulfill their target. However, all logic points to the following...

1. Increased no of ITAs in coming months. probably 3500+ in almost every draw
2. Back to back draws in some months with no of itas around 3000-3250
3. or a combination of 1 & 2.

Now I cant find any other way by which CIC can reach their target for this year. So, my questions are...

1. Is it possible that CIC do not have to meet the target that was set for this year?
2. Is there any other way (Except the ones mentioned above) by which CIC can meet their target?

If anyone can please shed some lights on the above questions...

Reactions: desmat

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the present target for this year slightly more than last year and since total no of ITA issued so far is much less compared to this time last year, I am wondering how the next few months will pan out for us. I dont know how CIC will go about it and how will they manage to fulfill their target. However, all logic points to the following...

1. Increased no of ITAs in coming months. probably 3500+ in almost every draw
2. Back to back draws in some months with no of itas around 3000-3250
3. or a combination of 1 & 2.

Now I cant find any other way by which CIC can reach their target for this year. So, my questions are...

1. Is it possible that CIC do not have to meet the target that was set for this year?
2. Is there any other way (Except the ones mentioned above) by which CIC can meet their target?

If anyone can please shed some lights on the above questions...
Why do you think so?

1. You do not know the average family size (how many immigrants are per 1 application).
2. You do not know the rejection rate as well.
3. And you do not know the % of the PNP streams that are using EE.
The only known number is the immigration plan, but that without the other parts will not give you proper answers.

And if the family size is app. 2 people per application and if the rejection / failure rate is app. 30% and if only app. 30% of all PNP are using, then they might be even still calling too many ITA.

Also according to the bits of statistics that they have released it is more or less appropriate number.

montatich

Feb 8, 2018
Hello,
I started working for the company that I am currently with now since March 2016 but September 2016 that's when I started getting paid.So from March until September 2016 it was an unpaid internship with a promise of hiring after a performance assessment.
My question is, do I start counting my work experience since March or September 2016 ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I started working for the company that I am currently with now since March 2016 but September 2016 that's when I started getting paid.So from March until September 2016 it was an unpaid internship with a promise of hiring after a performance assessment.
My question is, do I start counting my work experience since March or September 2016 ?
September.

Reactions: Ronja5200

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Thank you @zagcollins for your response. I am not planning to put anything on hold but I was told by people + some threads in the forum that IRCC will place my application on hold until i update the details of my second child [add the child in my profile , passport + medical clearance ] .
I was in similar situation as you back in October 2017 when I had to submit my E-APR. At that time my wife was already pregnant with our first child and we couldnt complete the X-Ray. We submitted everything including e-medical confirmation for my wife's medical which indicated that it was incomplete due to missing X-Ray. I was issued an ADR request for wife's medical in Jan 2018 and I responded with LoE & doctor's letter stating medicals couldnt be completed due to pregnancy (X-Ray is Pending). Currently the application is apparently on hold as no additional ADR was issued. I ordered GCMS notes and it shows application is completely processed except medicals for my wife which shows 'In Progress'. Our child should be delivered within next couple of weeks and I'm hoping that my wife's X-Ray can be completed shortly thereafter which should move the application further. Wish you luck with your child & Canadian dream :)

qwerc

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi all, I’ve been following ROH for months but this is my first time to post here and it’s been a long wait since last year for my score 426 so i checked the trend myself.

Mar 14 3000 456
Feb 21 3000 442
Feb 7 3000 442
Jan 24 2750 444
Jan 10 2750 446
Dec 20 2750 446
Dec 6 2750 452
Nov 15 2750 439

Based on the trend above, if draw is done every 2 weeks, the point decrease is only between 0-6. So on average 3. Even if they increase the draw size gradually by 250-500, the point decrease will still be around that only because the rate of people going into the pool above 440-450 is also much faster than previous months/years.

I only used 2 points decrease just to be conservative in case there’s 3 week gap, no increase in draw size or separate draw for other programs, etc. But then again the scores will be +/-2 because there are times that draw size is same with 2 weeks gap and score remains the same. So only back to back draws can significantly drop the scores then the same trend continues from that.

March 454
April 452
April 450
May 448
May 446
June 444
June 442
July 440
July 438
August 436
August 434
September 432