+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

closingtime

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
NOC Code......
Well I am definitely giving up on making it to Canada this year :)

I have the opportunity to take on some extra study starting in May, which will boost my CRS points to 434/429, somewhere around November of this year. ( and I can't really increase any further due to age ). I am just trying to work out if the additional cost would be worth it. (I guess an extra certificate couldn't do any harm anyway).

If that doesn't work then I give up completely. At least I tried as hard as I could ;)

vpn236

Oct 2, 2017
Lot of Indians in their mid 30s are stuck in the US green card queue. Many of them have US masters. There is little hope for those who are in their 30s with just a Bachelor's degree like me - I can't do any better on IELTS (9,9,9,8.5) and still at a measly 425. My wife did well on her IELTS and we will soon apply with her as the primary (she has a PhD) and hopefully I'm able to exit this vicious cycle of H1b renewals.
I'm a FTE for a major company, wonder how stressed consultants for bodyshops are.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Lot of Indians in their mid 30s are stuck in the US green card queue. Many of them have US masters. There is little hope for those who are in their 30s with just a Bachelor's degree like me - I can't do any better on IELTS (9,9,9,8.5) and still at a measly 425. My wife did well on her IELTS and we will soon apply with her as the primary (she has a PhD) and hopefully I'm able to exit this vicious cycle of H1b renewals.
I'm a FTE for a major company, wonder how stressed consultants for bodyshops are.
I guess driving Uber in Canada is much better than waiting in the US GC queue. Freedom matters more than $.

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
If no back to back draw happens and with the rate that people are entering the pool when would a 440 get an ITA?anytime soon?

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018

I am in exact situation- FTE on H1B with bachelors. That's what I did, Lady luck shined and was able to move from 419 to 469 ---currently waiting for Passport request, you will be there soon.

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
Well. Me and wife both did well in Ielts she can increase her score by 3 points if scores .5 more in speaking but we decided to wait. Both bachelor's 440. As a backup applied for oinp as well.

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Well. Me and wife both did well in Ielts she can increase her score by 3 points if scores .5 more in speaking but we decided to wait. Both bachelor's 440. As a backup applied for oinp as well.
Quick question - do we need to apply for oinp separately? Don't they pick your directly?

Reactions: AJ2186

Gagan3101

Mar 20, 2018
Hi, Thanks for your help.

Since, we are getting enough score (should qualify for next round of ITA seeing current trends) without getting ECA done for myself as a secondary applicant therefore can I mention my education details in Express entry profile and select "No" for ECA done OR I just leave my education details completely blank stating "No Education" done. Will IRCC ask for my credentials even without ECA?

jankidas

Mar 18, 2018
Well I am definitely giving up on making it to Canada this year :)

I have the opportunity to take on some extra study starting in May, which will boost my CRS points to 434/429, somewhere around November of this year. ( and I can't really increase any further due to age ). I am just trying to work out if the additional cost would be worth it. (I guess an extra certificate couldn't do any harm anyway).

If that doesn't work then I give up completely. At least I tried as hard as I could ;)
If you could share which certificate/study would help bump this score up in 6 months ....? Usually education wise only masters would help and that takes min 1 year ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Thanks for your help.

Since, we are getting enough score (should qualify for next round of ITA seeing current trends) without getting ECA done for myself as a secondary applicant therefore can I mention my education details in Express entry profile and select "No" for ECA done OR I just leave my education details completely blank stating "No Education" done. Will IRCC ask for my credentials even without ECA?
They won't. They are basically irrelevant.

Reactions: Gagan3101

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
I am in exact situation- FTE on H1B with bachelors. That's what I did, Lady luck shined and was able to move from 419 to 469 ---currently waiting for Passport request, you will be there soon.
Question: How did you enter your work experience into your Express Entry profile? Did you enter a separate row for your US xp? What about the supporting documents for it?

Gagan3101

Mar 20, 2018
They won't. They are basically irrelevant.
So one last question, since my education is not valid till ECA is done - In the profile I submitted, Do I still mention it and show No ECA done OR just leave that piece Blank and say No Education?

Just want to ensure that later on (if ever) I need to go for ECA it shouldn't look like I presented wrong information since I have Master's in place.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
if you are a FTE to a American client company then there is nothing to worry... Only people with EC model are worried little, EVC little more and EVVC worried much more