+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

SukeshCJR

Sep 3, 2017
can anyone help me interpret the IQAS assessment here:

COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA
The Bachelor of Business Studies degree generally compares to the completion of a three-year
Bachelor of Commerce degree with a focus in business studies.

The Post-Graduate Diploma generally compares to the completion of a Master of Business
Administration degree with a focus in human resource management.

Will this be considered as Masters or Dual degree??
can anyone help me interpret the IQAS assessment here:

COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA
The Bachelor of Business Studies degree generally compares to the completion of a three-year
Bachelor of Commerce degree with a focus in business studies.

The Post-Graduate Diploma generally compares to the completion of a Master of Business
Administration degree with a focus in human resource management.

Will this be considered as Masters or Dual degree??
I have

birdyspike

Feb 3, 2018
It's great to understand the H1B folks' point of view. Just have one question to them. Do all or most of them carry higher CRS scores like >450?
It would be helpful for us (non H1B) people to determine the future CRS trend and how H1Bs could influence it.
Thanks
I am on H1B and aged 36. I had to max out my IELTS to get to 447 with a US Masters degree and got my ITA during the 7th February draw. We also took my wife's Masters and IELTS into the loop. I think for most of the H1B folks age becomes a determining factor because many are over 30.

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
I would say H1B folks could be a huge threat, coz their volume is quite high. Clearing the IELTS and other requirements must be relatively easy for them, when compared to an applicant from their home country and PPR processing is super fast for H1B applicants as they have already underwent all scrutiny with their H1B.

So I'd say yes their scores should be higher than the cut-off mostly.

This H1B --> CIC trend has hit the roofs because of the new rules H1B imposed in Feb. Just use the below link to check the availability to give an IELTS exam, we are just in March and Jul/Aug is the next available slot at most centers in US.

https://ieltsregistration.org/ielts-candidate/candidateonline/home.html

The next couple of draws should give a clear picture.
Are you saying that applications from H1B guys are being processed on priority?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
H1B applicants do not have priority. But what they do have (many of them) is a detailed background check done by USA. That is what makes it easier there.

Reactions: keroppi

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
i think they will lie in the range of 400 to 440. most of them are probably aged out 33+ and probably would not do so well in IELTS. plus not all have masters degrees and even if they do its probably from some indian university which will take 88 years to generate a transcript.
I am not sure what makes you say that. I guess you are misinformed I am 27, Master's degree in US. 3 years work experience. With max IELTS score, my CRS comes out to be 480 odd.

Reactions: metabug

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I am not sure what makes you say that. I guess you are misinformed I am 27, Master's degree in US. 3 years work experience. With max IELTS score, my CRS comes out to be 480 odd.
Just looking at the overall h1b profiles getting kicked out of usa, Most of them are mid 30s non masters degree employees from bodyshop companies like CTS, Wipro, TCS etc who have stay at home wives who don't contribute any points. They account for more than 60% of h1bs. They'd be lucky to crack 400. Of course there would be some guys who crack 450 but not many.
Just stay focused and don't worry about others

RayGeo

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Hi..Kindly help me out for PNP application. I have crated the EE profile last July and my current CRS is 434.

Do i need to recreate it to receive the nomination? Can I apply separate for PNP?

Where this is mentioned in IRCC?

Anyone has got idea about BC tech pilot nomination?

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Just looking at the overall h1b profiles getting kicked out of usa, Most of them are mid 30s non masters degree employees from bodyshop companies like CTS, Wipro, TCS etc who have stay at home wives who don't contribute any points. They account for more than 60% of h1bs. They'd be lucky to crack 400. Of course there would be some guys who crack 450 but not many.
I am on H1 too ,bachelor degree , age 29. , CLB 9 and 7 years of experience and I am at 441

Not sure if people with spouses will have high scores though but I feel most of the H1 people will fall in 438-450 bracket

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, beware the waves of shooting. When we talk about general, they will shoot you with their specific cases. Trust me, been there suffer that. It's called "Survivorship bias". They meet and talk to succeed people and they thought everyone are the same:rolleyes:

Reactions: justanotherdude

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could apply same approach to average citizen of India, that wants to immigrate to Canada. The thing is that the amount of them that can reach to 450 is significant enough to push the score up. (even if just 10% would get 450+ CRS that is way enough).

Mar 21, 2018
For the data geeks out there, interested in H1B data and impact, this is a good website to hack out H1B accumulated data. It would need some time and digging, though :)

https://www.myvisajobs.com/

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
A lot of H1B's are considering Canada PR as a backup. I don't think most want to leave the US. But the number of profiles from US H1B will certainly keep increasing. If they have a Master's degree then they can easily top 446. Age is the only factor that will pull them back.

montatich

Feb 8, 2018
is the letter of reference the only thing you need to proof your work experience in canada ? is that enough as a proof ?
how the processing office check that ? by contacting the employer ?
or I need other documents to support the letter of reference ?

Reactions: desmat