Jay395

Mar 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2018
Eagerly awaiting the next draw!

But for a noobie like me, can anyone direct me to where I can see the results or the draw itself?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

AlliBatista

Champion Member
Aug 19, 2016
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,
I have noticed that there is general preference on ITA compared to OINP program. People are holding on to the last possible day hoping an ITA compared to accepting OINP. Apart from investing in CAD 1,500, what are the other considerations for reluctance in accepting OINP.

With someone with CRS of 423, I guess I have to be more hopeful for getting OINP rather than ITA. Hence the question.

Thanks for the views.
Slower processing time, CAD $1500 to spend, plus more documentation and the obligation to stay in Ontario ( the last one is the worst for me :p).

But with a lower score, it may be the only option for some.

Reactions: rajats13

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So as there was a recent discussion on PCC's on this thread. I too have one question. I lived in UK for 3 years back in 2008 and came back to India in 2011. I had ordered a PCC in 2014 to submit it in FSW (pre-EE) application which I sent to IRCC by courier. Now I have a scan copy of that PCC so my question is, will that scanned PCC suffice dated 2014 with no original(i have not visited UK since 2011) or should I apply for a new PCC from UK.

Bassay

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
So as there was a recent discussion on PCC's on this thread. I too have one question. I lived in UK for 3 years back in 2008 and came back to India in 2011. I had ordered a PCC in 2014 to submit it in FSW (pre-EE) application which I sent to IRCC by courier. Now I have a scan copy of that PCC so my question is, will that scanned PCC suffice dated 2014 with no original(i have not visited UK since 2011) or should I apply for a new PCC from UK.
to the best of my knowledge PCC should not be more than 6 months old. However, let others confirm.

Last edited:

shahaed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Why do you want that 'one year certificate" evaluate so badly? It is not going to contribute to your CRS score anyway
It would add to my crs if i have it assessed as a one year certificate or diploma , i would have a 3 years bachelor and a one year certificate so it would come under “two or more” .

FaithandFavor

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
Dear ROH friends,

I am happy to announce that I received PPR on Friday, March 9 at 10:01 pm Ottawa time!

Post AOR profile and timeline:

PNP - outland
US citizen. Ottawa visa office

Submitted evening of January 6. AOR January 7.

January 25 - MEP & ADR, responded to ADR.

January 26 - NA2

February 27 aka glitch day - IP2

March 9 22:01 Ottawa time - PPR

Special shoutout to old timers, many of whom have been as inactive as I have been lately (and special thanks to @xibalban and @iamxty for starting the list that have poached ;))
@andieangel @lino82 @KingKurly @tjsecondtry @Wandering Mind @Karnesh @ivancabrer @BillHyatt @AlliBatista @mqamar1994 @shaun75 @TanakaM @Wacky1.nash @sundar17feb99 @gurpreet.ts @abhishek_89 @baka @PixelDust @GavinSouthAfrica @tarunkapoor @chr0 @FaithandFavor @Fishal2017 @hahaHHH @lostguy @Lala1234
And many more that escape my memory at the moment.

And my full timeline so far for those of you who don't know:

The Beginning

Early hours of November 9, 2016 - Decided to emigrate from the US and started researching possibilities. Later in the day, read news article about how an immigration to Canada site had crashed due to a flood of Americans trying to find out how to immigrate to Canada.

November 11, 2016 - Filled out free assessment form at canadavisa.com

November 12, 2016 - Received email from David Cohen that was my first introduction to Express Entry. However, Canada was not my first choice at that time, so I did not research Canada any further.

Late March 2017 - Decided to immigrate to Canada and started a job search. After getting CRS estimate of only 410, planned to get a job offer, hopefully by the summer, and move to Canada and then create EE profile.

Late May 2017 - Started getting depressed that I had only had initial phone interviews with 2 companies, and it had been at least a month since either had gotten back to me. Decided I needed to create EE profile now. Read instructions for creating EE profile and realized that I would need to take IELTS exam first.

June 6, 2017 - The next available IELTS exam date in New York is July 8? But I had seen a June 24 date a few days ago, and the site had said I had until June 19 to register! I hadn't thought so many people would be taking IELTS. Registered in fear that soon the July 8 date would no longer be available.

June 8, 2017 - Checked IELTS registration site and found that the June 24 date opened up! Jumped to grab it and cancelled my July 8 registration. Fortunately my credit card had not been charged for July 8 so no financial penalty.

June 24, 2017 - took IELTS exam.

June 26, 2017 - found out that I would need an ECA in addition to IELTS score even to create EE profile. Rushed to figure out which organization to use and submitted order to WES. Ordered transcript to be sent to WES.

July 5, 2017 - Very depressed after being rejected for a job I had really wanted with Company 3. Still waiting on Company 2, gave up hope on Company 1.

July 7, 2017 - Received IELTS results online.

July 10, 2017 - Received ECA from WES online in the morning. Immediately created EE profile. Received paper copy of IELTS results when I got home at night.

July 11, 2017 - Received NOI from Ontario. Started reading instructions and gathering documents. Oh no, Ontario wants me to have a passport that will be valid for another 2 years? Mine expires in 9 months, and I was hoping to hold off on renewing until after I moved to Canada.

July 13, 2017 - Sent passport in for expedited renewal (supposedly 2-3 weeks instead of the usual 6-8 weeks). Still collecting other documents.

July 15, 2017 - Received paper copy of ECA from WES in the mail.

OINP Drama

July 25: Missed OINP registration by 1 day!

July 25-November 2: anxiously waited for OINP to reopen. Hit OINP updates page at least 10 times a day.

November 2: OINP reopened, registered

November 3: submitted application

November 27: Assessment

November 30: DIP

December 19: Nominated

December 20: ITA

Post ITA

January 5, 2018 - medical exam

evening of January 6 - submitted PR application

January 7 - AOR

January 25 - MEP & ADR, responded to ADR.

January 26 - NA2

February 27 aka glitch day - IP2

March 9 22:01 Ottawa time - PPR
I could give you a million likes for this post! This is truly motivating and as disappointed as I have been over the past couple weeks I'm really happy to have read this news!

Congrats and all the best ....blank page, new chapter, the rest is still unwritten so I'm hoping that you will use this opportunity to develop an awesome story!

Cheers and hopefully when I have my good news I can buy you a drink someday!

FaithandFavor

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
You took the words right out of my mouth:confused:
I too am waiting at 417 since 2017 and was optimistic with OINP but seeing the current trend shattered my hopes:oops:.
Now i will sitting for ielts again in April.
Just hang in there I know what you are feeling delay is never denial do where there is a will I'm pretty sure we will find a way.

Be blessed happy Monday!

Reactions: iamxty

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would add to my crs if i have it assessed as a one year certificate or diploma , i would have a 3 years bachelor and a one year certificate so it would come under “two or more” .
I see. But isn't it a part of your Bachelor study as you mentioned?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Okay...but how about someone who travels to the same country after last PCC and have a record post PCC from that country?
essentially, your PCC from current country of residence is valid for 6 months. Any other country (where you have lived for at least 6 months uninterrupted), after your last visit, is valid indefinitely.

Reactions: Bassay

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Thats only in the case of your current resident country.
Your UK PCC is still valid. However, when we send IRCC a scanned copy, we are supposed to have the original in our possession. In the unlikely case we are asked to present the original or a higher DPI scan we should be in a position to do so. This being the case, you can probably get away with the scan copy. if it were me though, I wouldn't take the chance. I would get another PCC just to be safe.

Reactions: kanu and Stoick

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
How about you, any update? To be honest, haven’t seen the old timers since post ITA. I hope the Yukon spirit is still alive, or perhaps a get-together in Ontario since most of us will be there. @tjsecondtry will be the host :)
I'm still most definitely up for Yukon!