+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If they ask for original copy, you would have to say that you have sent the original PCC to them on 2014. I am doubtful if they would locate the old paper file, take and verify the original from there. Express entry applications are routed to offices all over the world based on availability of IRCC officers/agents. I really can't imagine an officer sitting in say Sydney requesting the original to be sent from a file in the Ottawa office for example.

To me it just seems like you are admitting to IRCC that you no longer have the original PCC. If they do not want to go through the trouble of finding it in the old paper file, they most likely will either give you a chance to get another PCC at that point, or they might cancel your application as incomplete. This is just based on my understanding of what goes on behind the scenes.

If the scan copy of the PCC you have is a good quality one, hopefully they will not ask for a higher DPI scan or ask for the original to be presented. In the end I guess it is your call if you want to risk it and how you want to plan for the contingencies.
I got lots of time sitting at 438 for ITA so will most probably get another copy.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
With regards to One Year Certificate, i have a One Year Diploma before bachelors, its described as a pathway to University studies, there's no subject specialization but its mentioned as an "international foundation program certificate" with a duration of 1 year. ECA from WES excluded this from the ECA report completely without any mention of it and assessed just the bachelors degree. When questioned about this, they could not give me an appropriate answer. So my question is, do you think this could be assessed by IQAS instead as a one year certificate?, would appreciate your views on this, thanks!
You see, WES has their own internal resources to evaluate certificates from all Universities recognized by them. They must have an evaluation policy for your University too. If you have completed your diploma from the same educational institute just before your bachelors then WES must have a policy to consider that as part of your bachelors degree.

Generally WES and IQAS both follow the same priciple so it is unlikely IQAS will give you better result but you can try!

Good Luck!

Adebayos

Mar 8, 2018
hi all

I have a question regarding getting a reference letter from your previous employers. my hubbys previous employer has refused to give him a reference letter . just want to know what to do.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Reactions: KingKurly

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
what advantages does TEFgive for some one who is 35 years and above?
Some one said Ontario has French stream and has a score of 403 after including the TEF result but has not received an NOI to apply.
Question ;for a score as low as 403 is really TEF necessary? Beside Quebec, is it just Ontario that French is an asset.
Nope it is not. There is no CRS requirement for the French stream. However you will need at least 3 years bachelor diploma, 1 year work experience, French min. CBL 7 on everything, English min. CBL 6 for everything and to be eligible for EE of course.
There is also a hidden condition and French needs to be setup as your first language (that is how they search for potential candidates).
I got my NOI on far lower CRS points.
Good luck

Reactions: KingKurly

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! And congrats to you on your recent AOR. Wishing you a speedy PPR. You have a better chance than I did being FSW.
I am hoping to move to Toronto in May. See you soon! :)
Awww thank you so much my dear. Just checked my account and its updated to Medical Passed! Still sometime to go I guess. Toronto will be buzzin when we all get together to celebrate our success!:)

Reactions: Dolarosa

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi please can someone advise.
Hello there, if you achieve CLB 7 in each band of TEF you will get 30 additional points on top of maximum 20 available for second language. So if you can achieve CLB 7, you will improve your chance immensely considering your current CRS points. Hence I recommend you to go for it. I myself studied French for 8 months but I wasn't much committed and therefore couldn't do much. Its a beautiful language and if you can commit to it, not only you will be in a position to get an ITA, you will also be in advantage for job prospects when you get to Canada by being bilingual. Have a great day :)

AC_IND

Feb 6, 2018
Dear ROH friends,

I am happy to announce that I received PPR on Friday, March 9 at 10:01 pm Ottawa time!

Post AOR profile and timeline:

PNP - outland
US citizen. Ottawa visa office

Submitted evening of January 6. AOR January 7.

January 25 - MEP & ADR, responded to ADR.

January 26 - NA2

February 27 aka glitch day - IP2

March 9 22:01 Ottawa time - PPR

Special shoutout to old timers, many of whom have been as inactive as I have been lately (and special thanks to @xibalban and @iamxty for starting the list that have poached ;))
@andieangel @lino82 @KingKurly @tjsecondtry @Wandering Mind @Karnesh @ivancabrer @BillHyatt @AlliBatista @mqamar1994 @shaun75 @TanakaM @Wacky1.nash @sundar17feb99 @gurpreet.ts @abhishek_89 @baka @PixelDust @GavinSouthAfrica @tarunkapoor @chr0 @FaithandFavor @Fishal2017 @hahaHHH @lostguy @Lala1234
And many more that escape my memory at the moment.

And my full timeline so far for those of you who don't know:

The Beginning

Early hours of November 9, 2016 - Decided to emigrate from the US and started researching possibilities. Later in the day, read news article about how an immigration to Canada site had crashed due to a flood of Americans trying to find out how to immigrate to Canada.

November 11, 2016 - Filled out free assessment form at canadavisa.com

November 12, 2016 - Received email from David Cohen that was my first introduction to Express Entry. However, Canada was not my first choice at that time, so I did not research Canada any further.

Late March 2017 - Decided to immigrate to Canada and started a job search. After getting CRS estimate of only 410, planned to get a job offer, hopefully by the summer, and move to Canada and then create EE profile.

Late May 2017 - Started getting depressed that I had only had initial phone interviews with 2 companies, and it had been at least a month since either had gotten back to me. Decided I needed to create EE profile now. Read instructions for creating EE profile and realized that I would need to take IELTS exam first.

June 6, 2017 - The next available IELTS exam date in New York is July 8? But I had seen a June 24 date a few days ago, and the site had said I had until June 19 to register! I hadn't thought so many people would be taking IELTS. Registered in fear that soon the July 8 date would no longer be available.

June 8, 2017 - Checked IELTS registration site and found that the June 24 date opened up! Jumped to grab it and cancelled my July 8 registration. Fortunately my credit card had not been charged for July 8 so no financial penalty.

June 24, 2017 - took IELTS exam.

June 26, 2017 - found out that I would need an ECA in addition to IELTS score even to create EE profile. Rushed to figure out which organization to use and submitted order to WES. Ordered transcript to be sent to WES.

July 5, 2017 - Very depressed after being rejected for a job I had really wanted with Company 3. Still waiting on Company 2, gave up hope on Company 1.

July 7, 2017 - Received IELTS results online.

July 10, 2017 - Received ECA from WES online in the morning. Immediately created EE profile. Received paper copy of IELTS results when I got home at night.

July 11, 2017 - Received NOI from Ontario. Started reading instructions and gathering documents. Oh no, Ontario wants me to have a passport that will be valid for another 2 years? Mine expires in 9 months, and I was hoping to hold off on renewing until after I moved to Canada.

July 13, 2017 - Sent passport in for expedited renewal (supposedly 2-3 weeks instead of the usual 6-8 weeks). Still collecting other documents.

July 15, 2017 - Received paper copy of ECA from WES in the mail.

OINP Drama

July 25: Missed OINP registration by 1 day!

July 25-November 2: anxiously waited for OINP to reopen. Hit OINP updates page at least 10 times a day.

November 2: OINP reopened, registered

November 3: submitted application

November 27: Assessment

November 30: DIP

December 19: Nominated

December 20: ITA

Post ITA

January 5, 2018 - medical exam

evening of January 6 - submitted PR application

January 7 - AOR

January 25 - MEP & ADR, responded to ADR.

January 26 - NA2

February 27 aka glitch day - IP2

March 9 22:01 Ottawa time - PPR
All the best for your landing and post procedures!! And a very quick timeline to look forward to.. :)
Have a safe landing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolarosa

pwnbhojwani

Nov 13, 2017
Hi guys,

Need your help on Experience Letter -

My experience details -
Jan, 2016 - Current job - Company B (about 2.2 years)
Jan, 2015 to Dec, 2015 - Company A - transferred to Pune office (about 1 year)
Jan, 2012 to Dec, 2014 - Company A - Mumbai office (about 3 years)

MY QUERIES -
For company A - for current employer do I need to get experience letter mentioning that I am currently employed with the company B along with employment start date, my current designation, job responsibilities, etc. or just appointment letter is enough.

For company B - do i need to procure and submit two separate work experience letters from Company A. (While submitting my express entry profile i have just mentioned Pune as my location in company A and not mentioned Mumbai at all)

For both these companies A & B, I have a joining letter, relieving letter and payslips, etc. What else would be required.

I have filled in the express entry profile expecting an ITA in next draw (hopefully tomorrow).

Thanks in advance.

Nene Zim 17

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hello Hopefuls! Been waiting for an ITA since last week. But something keeps bothering me :(I initially submitted my profile with the wrong Noc code on 28 February, then was obviously inadmissible, I had put a Noc in C. I corrected this with the correct Noc code in my profession but then I don’t see an option to remove the inadmissible profile. But when I look at the new profile it has the option to “withdraw profile”. Will this be a problem? Or do they generally want to keep it as history? There is no option to remove the ineligible one. Help:confused:
Hi can someone please help:(