+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

ITA_Warrior

Mar 8, 2018
I have waited to immigrate even before express entry came out. All my struggle is just because of IELTS. I cannot give the normal version of listening section because of hearing impairment. The struggle was to find a centre willing to make special arrangements for me.

I'm sure there are many others with similar stories, so please check the previous draw scores and you'll come to know whether you're getting an ITA or not.
I know immigration is not an easy task. It test you on many fronts. Every one of us have done more than their best to reach to the optimum score.

Reactions: SnookMaster45

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
I know immigration is not an easy task. It test you on many fronts. Every one of us have done more than their best to reach to the optimum score.
I needed to take the test once. Just once. And I wasn't able to do it. for 5 long years. I despaired and almost gave up.

I'm not here to peddle my story around. I know there are many like me who have struggled even longer for this and they're finally here. As someone said in a previous post, please read the forum pages and do some research before posting your query. ☮ peace all.

Last edited:

ITA_Warrior

Mar 8, 2018
I needed to take the test once. Just once. And I wasn't able to do it. for 5 long years. I despaired and almost gave up.

I'm not here to peddle my story around. I know there are many like me who have struggled even longer for this and they're finally here. As someone said in a previous post, please read the forum pages and do some research before posting your query. ☮ peace all.
I really appreciate your struggle and its inspiring indeed. I again apologize if heart anyone's feelings.

jagan4u

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
I am stuck at 438 and received NOI on 24th Feb. I dont want to go through PNP route so trying to improve crs score. Spouse has taken IELTS on 3rd march and result is on 16th march. I have only 1 draw of 28th march if points increase before my 45 days for NOI expire.
Hope you get through soon .. on the other side, if your spouse scores good enough in IELTS, then the NOI may not be needed at all na.. :):)

Last edited:
Reactions: ankurrana

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
I really appreciate your struggle and its inspiring indeed. I again apologize if heart anyone's feelings.
No buddy please don't be sorry. This discussion (about people with high CRS points) cropped up in this thread a few days ago.

Please go back and read those posts. Then you'll understand the sentiment behind my reply. Thanks, and sorry if I sounded rude.

ITA_Warrior

Mar 8, 2018
No buddy please don't be sorry. This discussion (about people with high CRS points) cropped up in this thread a few days ago.

Please go back and read those posts. Then you'll understand the sentiment behind my reply. Thanks, and sorry if I sounded rude.
Lets finish it here on a positive note, praying for low cut off and spreading the much needed positive energy.

Cheers and keep hopes alive!!!

Reactions: SnookMaster45

Johnny Ghaddar

Aug 27, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Nomination.....
25-06-2018
Yes, your understanding is correct. Unless you accept the nomination (after the OINP application is processed and approved), you are eligible for receiving a direct ITA. Accepting NOI (Notification of Interest to apply for OINP) is just the 1st step in the OINP process and it does not hamper your eligibility to receive direct ITA.

NOI and Nomination are different things. People do get confused with the same.
Spot on !

Gurpreetgp09

Jan 21, 2018
PCC is country-based. If you live in a rented accommodation, carry rent agreement and a photo passbook with your current address when you apply through the PSK (no need to go to local police station although a PCC from them is also valid). PCC expires after six months, so don't get it done much in advance.
Thanks for your reply!
My problem lies with the rent agreement. I don't have a rent agreement in the city I am currently working in. That's the reason I want to obtain my PCC from my hometown. The apprehension I have is that what if they do not accept a PCC from a city that I am currently not residing in. I know the PCC is country wise, but if someone confirms that the above situation is not an issue, I would be relieved and proceed with this PCC thing.
TIA.

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Thanks for your reply!
My problem lies with the rent agreement. I don't have a rent agreement in the city I am currently working in. That's the reason I want to obtain my PCC from my hometown. The apprehension I have is that what if they do not accept a PCC from a city that I am currently not residing in. I know the PCC is country wise, but if someone confirms that the above situation is not an issue, I would be relieved and proceed with this PCC thing.
TIA.
PCC is not a check on your residence (unlike when they actually issue a passport). I got my India PCC from abroad, so clearly I was not living in my India address mentioned in the passport. So I think your apprehension is misplaced.

Reactions: Gurpreetgp09

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
PCC is not a check on your residence (unlike when they actually issue a passport). I got my India PCC from abroad, so clearly I was not living in my India address mentioned in the passport. So I think your apprehension is misplaced.
If the questioner is from India. I can confirm residence is a valid issue. What will happen is this:
You go to the relevant passport office after an appointment. There you will be asked to submit your passport photocopy, other documents plus residence document. So make sure the passport office you are going in has juridiction over your town/ city. Then they may issue PCC then and there. Or if they are not satisfied, for any reason, they will pass on the file to district PS. And then they will send some local police officer to your residence to confirm you live there. All in all, the process takes two to four weeks, and you will have to grease the machinery a little bit.

If you are given PCC at passport office, then it takes a day only. But still make sure you have residence papers.

Indian PCC, issued inside India, will have logo of passport issuing city. For example Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur etc.

My advise is this, if your permanent address falls in same city, then get PCC issued from that address proof. And if and when it gets to local police visit stage, make sure you are in your home town,

If states are different, then make a fresh rent agreement for your current residence. And then use that.

Reactions: Gurpreetgp09

Jakilee

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello elders,

A friend of mine just got his ECA.

Summary.

1. Bachelor Degree (four years)
2. A college certificate (one year)

Does this combination qualify as two or more certificate???

I think not and he think so. I don’t want him to get misrepresentation.

Please answer.

Jay395

Mar 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2018
Hi Tony,

You only include work history, that is enough to get you the points needed for ITA.
When creating the EE profile before submission, I remember putting "3 years or more" as work experience.

But experience letters for any work experience, for whichever points are being claimed, has to be compulsorily presented.
So as per your reply quoted above, does this mean I will have to gather the documentation for the past 3 years only?

Thanks

Gurpreetgp09

Jan 21, 2018
If the questioner is from India. I can confirm residence is a valid issue. What will happen is this:
You go to the relevant passport office after an appointment. There you will be asked to submit your passport photocopy, other documents plus residence document. So make sure the passport office you are going in has juridiction over your town/ city. Then they may issue PCC then and there. Or if they are not satisfied, for any reason, they will pass on the file to district PS. And then they will send some local police officer to your residence to confirm you live there. All in all, the process takes two to four weeks, and you will have to grease the machinery a little bit.

If you are given PCC at passport office, then it takes a day only. But still make sure you have residence papers.

Indian PCC, issued inside India, will have logo of passport issuing city. For example Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur etc.

My advise is this, if your permanent address falls in same city, then get PCC issued from that address proof. And if and when it gets to local police visit stage, make sure you are in your home town,

If states are different, then make a fresh rent agreement for your current residence. And then use that.
The reply is really helpful.

I have all my documents with my hometown address on them. I will go to the Passport Office in my hometown and try to get the PCC from there. I don't think they will need to know where I currently live in and what currently I am doing.

Thanks a lot for your reply.