+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

junascent

Feb 23, 2018
When does this new rule apply?

I have travelled to Mexico for more than 6 months in total but not in a row ; the maximum period i stayed there was 3 months.

Then I do not need to get PCC from Mexico, right?

Under the new IRCC PCC rules, you will not need a PCC from Mexico

Pikecann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
The only information we have is the surging level of applicants entering into the pool & stealing the ITAS with their high scores every time. Apart from that, we dont have the rejection rate of the applicants for the year 2017. So, what if the rejection rate was so low that CIC really dont have to put an extra effort to have that many ITA? The obvious signal on which we can have some guesses is the reality of not having any single back to back draws in the first two months of 2018 and the fact that we only had 11500 itas issued so far compared to the 16999 itas that was issued in 2017. Yes, the numbers are sending a chill in our spine but so far we haven't seen any optimistic sign from CIC but having said that its a matter of two weeks which can change the calculation completely. I really pray and hope CIC does target 90000 ITAS this year.
You have a very good CRS score, I believe you have a good shot to get ITA!
But waiting can be challenging, sometimes so frustrating. But never loose hope cos you have got 435 reasons ;):p

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

jagan4u

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
Like all the hopers here, I would also like to be a part of other threads like "post ITA"... "AOR 2018"... "Xxx Visa Office may connect here" ... "Landing in May/June, connect here" etc.... :pSo far it's been a dream and a long wait... Hoping for a better March 7, 21 or April 4... Let's see..:)

nahsradus

Mar 1, 2018
Hello,
I have a question regarding the calculation of work experience. This is the summary of my work experience listed exactly as how the CIC EE application lists it:
(Note: All are full time 40 hours positions)
Company 1 : 2013-01 to 2013-07
Company 2: 2015-08 to 2016-06
Company 3: 2016-10 to Present

This totals to 2 years and 9 months of total work experience.
About three days back I was awarded 25 points for foreign work experience with total points at 426. But yesterday I observed that the foreign work experience increased to 50 points (3 years foreign experience) thereby taking the total score to 451.
I have the following questions:
1. Does CIC round off experience?
2. Since I haven't changed anything since submitting the application and the points have increased automatically, should i change the information in the application to reflect the correct score?
3. What i should do in case I get an ITA?
Thank you so much in advance for all the help.

PS: This question was asked in a separate thread and i apologize if its repeated.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
When does this new rule apply?

I have travelled to Mexico for more than 6 months in total but not in a row ; the maximum period i stayed there was 3 months.

Then I do not need to get PCC from Mexico, right?
I believe that although they did not specify, I am certain the length of break between consecutive stay is important.

So in your case you say your longest stay was 3 months. If the time between the next stay and the 3 months stay was greater than 6 months it will not be counted as continuous. But if after three months you left the country for a quick visit of 2 days and came back and continued to stay, the duration of the subsequent stay would he added to the original 3 months.

So to conclude, if you stayed outside Mexico for at least 6 months after your 3 month stay you definitely do not need it. But if you stayed outside for less than 6 months, you maybe asked for it, we cannot be sure, so better to get it.

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I believe that although they did not specify, I am certain the length of break between consecutive stay is important.

So in your case you say your longest stay was 3 months. If the time between the next stay and the 3 months stay was greater than 6 months it will not be counted as continuous. But if after three months you left the country for a quick visit of 2 days and came back and continued to stay, the duration of the subsequent stay would he added to the original 3 months.

So to conclude, if you stayed outside Mexico for at least 6 months after your 3 month stay you definitely do not need it. But if you stayed outside for less than 6 months, you maybe asked for it, we cannot be sure, so better to get it.
Mexico requires a letter from IRCC in order to process a PCC. So if he needs it they will let him know after receiving his application and give him said letter so he can request it.
"How to Get a Police Certificate – Mexico
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application? No. We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence or citizenship. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
You have a very good CRS score, I believe you have a good shot to get ITA!
But waiting can be challenging, sometimes so frustrating. But never loose hope cos you have got 435 reasons ;):p
guys if I started working in a company in JAN 2017 till now would that be considered 1 year experience or 2 years since I passed one year mark?

isabelem_

Mar 1, 2018
Hi everyone, I got my re-evaluation from CELPIP and increased my points from 433 to 442 - just updated my profile. Do you think I can be invited next round?

Thanks

Pikecann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
guys if I started working in a company in JAN 2017 till now would that be considered 1 year experience or 2 years since I passed one year mark?
One year + a month or so,
you have to finish the year to be considered as a full year.

Rubi111

Jan 19, 2018
True, he has a masters degree.. But what I am saying, never stop trying to improve your score :) You are at 435, should receive an NOI at some point too! And I still think the points will start dropping mid March / April.. Be patient you are getting it too!
So true. I was at 406 in 2017 but lost 5 point and was on 401 for whole year and 3 failed attempts of IELTS (needed .5 in writing in all those 3 attempts). Re-tried 4th time this February and got that freaking .5 in writing, score jumped to 459 from 401. Waiting for next draw <fingers crossed>.

Reactions: Indigrrl and am102