+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

Anu-89

Jul 29, 2017
Hello Seniors
Please help me with this situation.
I have a 3 year bachelors (eca done). Im planning to do a post graduate diploma to increase my score (as per 'two or more certificates one of which is 3years).

The problem is that my spouse has same 2 certificates but his eca result was 4 years bachelor .
Why did that happen? Even the bachelor degree & the diploma r from different universities .

Please helpppp

closingtime

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
NOC Code......
As an exercise, because I am right down the bottom of the CRS scores at lowly 405, I thought I would calculate who and how people are entering the pot with such high CRS scores.

This leads me to wonder how it is possible that so many people with high CRS scores are currently flooding in and how many legitimately lead to successfully becoming PR applications.

Example 1, a couple in their mid twenties, just left university, perfect IELTS scores, both have bachelors, are unlikely to also have provable full time work experience, so about 393 points.

Example 2, three years of work experience, the couple have bachelors degrees, entered the workforce and three years skilled full time work experience 438 points. The age I have assigned them is 30 years old, which is the most realistic I could think of given how long it takes to find a steady job in the same NOC, who will provide a reference.

Example 3, the same couple, they now have masters degrees, age about 23-25, given time it takes to do the masters but again, would be unlikely to have provable full time work experience, 434 points.

Example 4, three years of work experience, the couple have masters degrees, entered the workforce and three years skilled full time work experience 479 points. The age I have assigned them is 30 years old, which is the most realistic I could think of given how long it takes to find a steady job in the same NOC, who will provide a reference.

In examples three and four, they would both be carrying a fairly high amount of student debt, so may not be able to pass the settlement funds requirement either.

So that means we must have, thousands of people, every week, who are couples with masters degrees, speak perfect english or french, who are leaving their jobs, with $20,000 sitting in the bank, looking to leave that job, to live in Canada on a whim. Based upon AlexRoss's numbers upthread, 227 people fit that description per day, applying to Canada. *From Feb 1st to Feb 15th: above 440:227 per day.

Its possible, but it doesn't sound likely to me .... I would continue to keep some hope in your mind, because a lot of this does not compute, unless, I am being dumb here.

Reactions: Mithu3

gurpidesa

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
As an exercise, because I am right down the bottom of the CRS scores at lowly 405, I thought I would calculate who and how people are entering the pot with such high CRS scores.

This leads me to wonder how it is possible that so many people with high CRS scores are currently flooding in and how many legitimately lead to successfully becoming PR applications.

Example 1, a couple in their mid twenties, just left university, perfect IELTS scores, both have bachelors, are unlikely to also have provable full time work experience, so about 393 points.

Example 2, three years of work experience, the couple have bachelors degrees, entered the workforce and three years skilled full time work experience 438 points. The age I have assigned them is 30 years old, which is the most realistic I could think of given how long it takes to find a steady job in the same NOC, who will provide a reference.

Example 3, the same couple, they now have masters degrees, age about 23-25, given time it takes to do the masters but again, would be unlikely to have provable full time work experience, 434 points.

Example 4, three years of work experience, the couple have masters degrees, entered the workforce and three years skilled full time work experience 479 points. The age I have assigned them is 30 years old, which is the most realistic I could think of given how long it takes to find a steady job in the same NOC, who will provide a reference.

In examples three and four, they would both be carrying a fairly high amount of student debt, so may not be able to pass the settlement funds requirement either.

So that means we must have, thousands of people, every week, who are couples with masters degrees, speak perfect english or french, who are leaving their jobs, with $20,000 sitting in the bank, looking to leave that job, to live in Canada on a whim. Based upon AlexRoss's numbers upthread, 227 people fit that description per day, applying to Canada. *From Feb 1st to Feb 15th: above 440:227 per day.

Its possible, but it doesn't sound likely to me .... I would continue to keep some hope in your mind, because a lot of this does not compute, unless, I am being dumb here.
I have just one answer for this - H1b and Trump. :p

junascent

Feb 23, 2018
I missed again today. sitting at 440. my IELTS speaking is 7.0 but if i get 7.5 then i get additional 3 points. Is it worth reevaluation ? What is the process and will it affect other scores in anyway ? Cost involved ?

Please suggest.
In my opinion, I suggest that you take the IELTS again and try your best to reach perfect or near perfect scores. I know it will take some preparations and will cost you the same amount you paid for your previous IELTS exam, but it will definitely be worth it if it boosts your score. Don't give up trying your best. You can do it buddy!

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
In my opinion, I suggest that you take the IELTS again and try your best to reach perfect or near perfect scores. I know it will take some preparations and will cost you the same amount you paid for your previous IELTS exam, but it will definitely be worth it if it boosts your score. Don't give up trying your best. You can do it buddy!
440 is cool for ITA, they should just wait till April.

Reactions: Jakev

closingtime

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
NOC Code......
I have just one answer for this - H1b and Trump. :p
Well that is certainly interesting and a potentially good theory, but the numbers do not really match this for that scenario either. In my opinion, unless the h1b holders are all getting LMIA backed job offers from Canadian Subsidiaries of US companies ( and the LMIA would need a little bit of processing time, so I wouldn't expect a sudden and immediate impact/increase like we are seeing lately ).

A h1b holder would not realistically have much higher points than the examples I produced as CIC cuts you off after three years work experience for ....reasons and heavily discriminates based upon age.

H1b holder will be somewhere either just below, or in the general region of the CRS points example cases I gave. That is a best case scenario.

Which leaves, in my opinion the order of likelihood for high scoring applicants entering the pool.

1. Tons of international Students currently in Canada. ( numbers I am finding are around 353,000 for 2015 ) if this were a large part of the increase I would expect the increase to be noticeable at the end of semesters and also that the pool would be much higher already. For this to ring true the pool size should be in the 100,000s and most scores would be above 450.
  2. People currently working in Canada. Under Canadian experience class ( would probably match previous years work permits roughly 286,000 ) There are also around 30,000 IEC holders in any given year that "could" be added to this pool under Canadian Experience Class. I would expect the pool size to be much larger and with higher scores in this scenario too.
  3. Provincial nominee applicants. ( this is the interesting outlier to me given the rather strange way Ontario is managing it's stream this year, compared to years past ).
  4. Hundreds of experienced, highly educated applicants, below the age of 32 with $20,000 sitting in the bank, with extremely good English/French skills, ready to quit their job and move overseas and pay out a minimum of $400 for ECAs and Language assessment.
  5. Relatives of PR holders, (who also meet the conditions of 4).

Anyway, long story short, I have a theory, a hunch, that we will see a lowering of CRS scores somewhere around April/May of this year, as per previous years, I can't predict a number with any kind of science, but, I reckon, lower than the 413 seen last year. I hope I am right, as hope is what these threads are all about. My reason for this decrease, is that the provincial nominees will have mostly filtered through, the students will have filtered through and the nightmare process of employers getting LMIAs in the first place makes 2 ( above ) not very likely.

:) Or I could just be completely wrong

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Hi ppl..

Need some help.
sittng at 438 n findng ways to increase score by gettng husband's educating evaluated..
I hv two questions
1. does wes consider distance learng bachalore's degree? If yes, how many marks can i expect?

2. He has fulltime Higher National Diploma from UK.Does any one kn how to get transcripes from UK? i am currntly in India..

Any quick help is appreciated
Thanks
My Bsc and HND are both from the UK via distance learning as I live in Trinidad and Tobago. WES evaluated both. My HND is through BTEC and I requested my transcript through them. I received 128 points for them but I’m not sure this will be the same for you.

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Is anyone considering using Mark Holthe from canada as your representative or immigration consultant. I am considering to use him. Any feedback is appreciated.
The application process is not that difficult and all your questions can be answered in different forums. Save your money and do it yourself.

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Well that is certainly interesting and a potentially good theory, but the numbers do not really match this for that scenario either. In my opinion, unless the h1b holders are all getting LMIA backed job offers from Canadian Subsidiaries of US companies ( and the LMIA would need a little bit of processing time, so I wouldn't expect a sudden and immediate impact/increase like we are seeing lately ).

A h1b holder would not realistically have much higher points than the examples I produced as CIC cuts you off after three years work experience for ....reasons and heavily discriminates based upon age.

H1b holder will be somewhere either just below, or in the general region of the CRS points example cases I gave. That is a best case scenario.

Which leaves, in my opinion the order of likelihood for high scoring applicants entering the pool.

1. Tons of international Students currently in Canada. ( numbers I am finding are around 353,000 for 2015 ) if this were a large part of the increase I would expect the increase to be noticeable at the end of semesters and also that the pool would be much higher already. For this to ring true the pool size should be in the 100,000s and most scores would be above 450.
  2. People currently working in Canada. Under Canadian experience class ( would probably match previous years work permits roughly 286,000 ) There are also around 30,000 IEC holders in any given year that "could" be added to this pool under Canadian Experience Class. I would expect the pool size to be much larger and with higher scores in this scenario too.
  3. Provincial nominee applicants. ( this is the interesting outlier to me given the rather strange way Ontario is managing it's stream this year, compared to years past ).
  4. Hundreds of experienced, highly educated applicants, below the age of 32 with $20,000 sitting in the bank, with extremely good English/French skills, ready to quit their job and move overseas and pay out a minimum of $400 for ECAs and Language assessment.
  5. Relatives of PR holders, (who also meet the conditions of 4).

Anyway, long story short, I have a theory, a hunch, that we will see a lowering of CRS scores somewhere around April/May of this year, as per previous years, I can't predict a number with any kind of science, but, I reckon, lower than the 413 seen last year. I hope I am right, as hope is what these threads are all about. My reason for this decrease, is that the provincial nominees will have mostly filtered through, the students will have filtered through and the nightmare process of employers getting LMIAs in the first place makes 2 ( above ) not very likely.

:) Or I could just be completely wrong
I am rooting for your analysis....but it is surely not going below 413 for that I am fairly certain