+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

skysthelimit

Oct 2, 2017
Team, waiting at 426. What do you all suggest? Should I have more hope in the scores dropping or should I go for learning french?

sandy.y

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Interesting analysis, I agree with most of your points. However, you've missed three large demographic groups that are applying for Canadian immigration in droves, (like their lives depended on it).

- Persian Gulf based professionals. These people are usually in an age range of between late twenties to mid-forties, are highly educated (many with Western degrees and good, in-demand qualifications), had been paid well up until now, and thus have managed to have decent savings in the bank. These people usually come from Indian, Pakistani, Levant, Egyptian, Filipino or Sri Lankan backgrounds. Since the decades old financial party is over in the region (massive job losses due to a drop in oil prices, nationalization of jobs) and there's the recent unprecedented political uncertainty to deal with, so instead of going back to their homelands (which are now alien to them, having been expats for so long) they've decided to try their luck either in Canada or Australia (or both). I know many many people who belong in this group and have either already migrated to either Canada or Australia, or are currently in a mad rush to do so.

- Mainland China and Hong Kong based professionals. There's a large group of younger Chinese professionals that is well off, well educated, and seek what they think are greener pastures in Canada and Australia.

- Asian subcontinent based professionals. The brain drain from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to everywhere not only continues, but has accelerated significantly. Economic inequality and lack of opportunities for people that are highly educated and capable is the primary cause for this.

So there you have it... the honorable Mr. Trump is partly responsible for the mad rush to Canada, but it's really not the only reason... it's a combination of many many things that are making Canada appear like it's an island of prosperity and stability in a rapidly evolving world.

I hope for a massive drop in the CRS cutoff as well, but don't be surprised if in 2018 it doesn't drop by a whole lot from the current 440's.
What's your NOC code? It appears Ontario is sending out invitations based on NOC codes. I had recreated my profile on 22nd in hopes of getting NOI but did not receive an invite this time.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Will go for it....but this is my second attempt and really nervous....1st I scored CLB 9 but not sure if will go to CLB 10...but will be relaxed and will avoid to go through any materials that day really thanks for the Tip though....Thank you and best of luck....
Hello, What is your CRS? & do note that there is a drastic difference between CLB 9 & CLB 10 in general, specifically in the Writing & Speaking section. So, it is important to have a thorough & very intense technical practice before taking ielts for clb 10. but in general, I personally believe it is not of much use if one has already got clb 10 in at least two of the ielts modules & clb 9 in the other two as getting clb 10 in all is quite a daunting task above everything.

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
What's your NOC code? It appears Ontario is sending out invitations based on NOC codes. I had recreated my profile on 22nd in hopes of getting NOI but did not receive an invite this time.
My NOC is 0111. Don't really know what their selection criteria is. At CRS 436 you stand a very strong chance of getting an Ontario NOI soon, regardless of NOC I would think.

Reactions: sandy.y

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Hello everyone,
I've received the online version of my ECA report on 7th Jan 2018, however, the hard-copy is still not received. Could anyone confirm if it takes this much time usually or should I be concerned?

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Hello, What is your CRS? & do note that there is a drastic difference between CLB 9 & CLB 10 in general, specifically in the Writing & Speaking section. So, it is important to have a thorough & very intense technical practice before taking ielts for clb 10. but in general, I personally believe it is not of much use if one has already got clb 10 in at least two of the ielts modules & clb 9 in the other two as getting clb 10 in all is quite a daunting task above everything.
My crs is 413 and my 1st score is L8 R9 W7 S7...will get 9 points jump to 422 + I will ask spouse to take IELTS again so can gain 6 points more...thank you for the warning though will have to take IELTS again if I don't achieve this time...

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
My crs is 413 and my 1st score is L8 R9 W7 S7...will get 9 points jump to 422 + I will ask spouse to take IELTS again so can gain 6 points more...thank you for the warning though will have to take IELTS again if I don't achieve this time...

instead go for tef. you can easily get 42 crs with clb 7 in it. It will surely take at least 6-8 months preparation but would guarantee your chance for Canada & also give you a better opportunity in Canada.

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Hello everyone,
I've received the online version of my ECA report on 7th Jan 2018, however, the hard-copy is still not received. Could anyone confirm if it takes this much time usually or should I be concerned?
Do you really need the hard copy?

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
instead go for tef. you can easily get 42 crs with clb 7 in it. It will surely take at least 6-8 months preparation but would guarantee your chance for Canada & also give you a better opportunity in Canada.
How many points (maximum) come TEF for primary applicants? Do independent spouses have the TEF window to contribute points?