+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Dear friends,

Some tagging first to garner attention from old (mostly inactive now) pals:

@andieangel @lino82 @KingKurly @tjsecondtry @Wandering Mind @Karnesh @Ornela Forsyte @ivancabrer @trumprefugee @arunroy007 @BillHyatt @AlliBatista @mqamar1994 @shaun75 @TanakaM @Wacky1.nash @sundar17feb99 @gurpreet.ts @abhishek_89 @baka and may others that I may have missed (sorry I got a year older in December 2017).

Some other members may also remember us as the first RoH couple: @xibalban and @iamxty

It gives me immense pleasure to share that we just had a baby boy today :D.
Yes, we received our PPR today :). Would not have achieved this milestone without the support from this forum and all our pals here. Thank you all.

We are PNP-Outland (Ontario) and our VO is Singapore, and we had just completed our 6 month processing time. I must take this opportunity to publicly thank my persevering wife @iamxty, who did all the hard work right from PNP application, to adding me as a dependent midway in the application, managing the PoF, staying awake late multiple nights to compile an impeccable document kit, and instilling hope and courage during the nerve-wrecking post ITA process; besides other personal pains that she bore to realise our Canadian dream. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be here today sharing this good news. My heartfelt gratitude to her and lots of love!! I feel blessed to have her as my soulmate :).

To all those awaiting their ITAs, I wish you the very best. Never give up hope, learn from @iamxty and members like @tjsecondtry. There is always scope for improvement, and there is always an opportunity awaiting; to those awaiting their PPRs, just hang in there. It's just a matter of time. CIC really likes to test your endurance levels, so don't get frustrated.

With best regards,

See you again!!!
Congratulations @xibalban and @iamxty :):):) ! Wish you a wonderful and prosperous life in Canada ! Please do visit us in this forum so we can dig out some of your experience and knowledge about the EE processes :D. Now you can safely update your signature from country bumpkin to Canadian PR ;)

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Okay, so no draw happened yesterday. Sad, of course, but take this as a sign of things to come later this year.

One thing that is now clear is that you cannot now compare 2018 with 2017. We are also now very unlikely to have 90,000 ITAs in 2018... ain't gonna happen folks. Unless of course there's a tsunami of ITAs in the days ahead. :)

So time for a reality check, and action, rather than despair. If your CRS is a bit low and it appears that an ITA will remain a distant dream, then stop being sad and start working on finding alternatives with regards to your future. ITA issuance is really not in your hands, so no point in worrying. If you have the funds and the means, try enrolling in one of Canada's numerous universities.

Chart an alternative path, there's a big world out there and opportunity of something better can knock at anytime, you just have to spend your energies on more positive thoughts/activities.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Ray of Hope thread - my second home, where I learned and grew up with people who have the same dream as mine.

Having said that, it is just right to post the good news to all of you here.

After exactly 6 months, 07-Mar-2018 at 9:33 ET, I received the golden email. My husband @xibalban already posted our appreciation to all who have helped us realise our Canadian dream. But I want to personally I thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. Rest assured I will never leave this great online community.

My timeline:
PNP-O, SGVO
01-Aug-17 Nomination (OINP timeline in my signature)
02-Aug-17 ITA
07-Sep-17 AOR
04-Oct-17 IP1/ADR (Travel History)
10-Oct-17 NA2/MEP (after uploading ADR)
07-Nov-17 File transfer to SGVO
13-Dec-17 Phone interview (child custody)
20-Dec-17 IP2 (added spouse on the same day)
07-Mar-18 PPR

I got married to @xibalban, whom I met in this forum. I never thought the delay was because of marrying him but BGC had really taken a longer time or SGVO is just too slow.

Timeline of adding him to my application:
01-Dec-17 marriage
13-Dec-17 inform CIC of the marriage
20-Dec-17 sent spouse documents to SGVO via email, spouse name and UCI added to CIC account
13-Jan-17 request to upload spouse documents to CIC account

Since IP2 on 20-Dec, Security has been “Not Started” from the two GCMS notes that we requested. I was under the impression that I am in SS because of my extensive overseas travels and work experience in Saudi Arabia, then marrying an Indian (interfaith marriage). But God is so good, we got our PPR!

To my fellow Canadian dreamers, never stop believing. Where there is a will, there will always be a way. It may be a bumpy road but we will get there. Not soon for most of us, but we will, later.

Keep the hope alive!

Love lots,
Christy

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Just in case a draw happens this Friday then the cutoffs will revise by? And if it is next Wednesday - then what is the prediction
You never know with IRCC, but a Friday draw is unlikely.

If I have to guess for next Wednesday, I'd say 3,250 ITAs, CRS cut off at 446. Not looking too hopeful I'm afraid.

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I guess IRCC is now inline with ONIP and may not issue ITA for the CRS score which NOIs have been issued. So guess the increase in ITA cutoff, as they did not had enough numbers above 446 maybe that's why no draw yesterday. Hoping for the best.
Sitting at 438 and don't wanna spend 1500 cad as that will affect my POF.
Hoping to increase score with spouse IELTS.

Reactions: Hardit singh

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Ray of Hope thread - my second home, where I learned and grew up with people who have the same dream as mine.

Having said that, it is just right to post the good news to all of you here.

After exactly 6 months, 07-Mar-2018 at 9:33 ET, I received the golden email. My husband @xibalban already posted our appreciation to all who have helped us realise our Canadian dream. But I want to personally I thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. Rest assured I will never leave this great online community.

My timeline:
PNP-O, SGVO
01-Aug-17 Nomination (OINP timeline in my signature)
02-Aug-17 ITA
07-Sep-17 AOR
04-Oct-17 IP1/ADR (Travel History)
10-Oct-17 NA2/MEP (after uploading ADR)
07-Nov-17 File transfer to SGVO
13-Dec-17 Phone interview (child custody)
20-Dec-17 IP2 (added spouse on the same day)
07-Mar-18 PPR

I got married to @xibalban, whom I met in this forum. I never thought the delay was because of marrying him but BGC had really taken a longer time or SGVO is just too slow.

Timeline of adding him to my application:
01-Dec-17 marriage
13-Dec-17 inform CIC of the marriage
20-Dec-17 sent spouse documents to SGVO via email, spouse name and UCI added to CIC account
13-Jan-17 request to upload spouse documents to CIC account

Since IP2 on 20-Dec, Security has been “Not Started” from the two GCMS notes that we requested. I was under the impression that I am in SS because of my extensive overseas travels and work experience in Saudi Arabia, then marrying an Indian (interfaith marriage). But God is so good, we got our PPR!

To my fellow Canadian dreamers, never stop believing. Where there is a will, there will always be a way. It may be a bumpy road but we will get there. Not soon for most of us, but we will, later.

Keep the hope alive!

Love lots,
Christy
Fascinating... didn't know this web site has even played matchmaker! :) More power to you both. Wish you all the best in your Canadian adventure!

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
@iamxty Hey, yes long time, how are you? you are in final lap of your application,i think you should be OK.so, stay cool. My Canada plans never kicked off, for one reason or another ,i have waited long time for Canada(since 2016),so practicality demands me to change course. No matter how hopeful i am, i cant reverse age.Thanks for your wishes. yes, we can plan a meet up in Apr
We really need to meet before May. I got my PPR today and we need to land before 02-June :)

My happiness is sky high now but also anxious. I got barely 2 months left to land :oops:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Dear friends,

Some tagging first to garner attention from old (mostly inactive now) pals:

@andieangel @lino82 @KingKurly @tjsecondtry @Wandering Mind @Karnesh @Ornela Forsyte @ivancabrer @trumprefugee @arunroy007 @BillHyatt @AlliBatista @mqamar1994 @shaun75 @TanakaM @Wacky1.nash @sundar17feb99 @gurpreet.ts @abhishek_89 @baka and may others that I may have missed (sorry I got a year older in December 2017).

Some other members may also remember us as the first RoH couple: @xibalban and @iamxty

It gives me immense pleasure to share that we just had a baby boy today :D.
Yes, we received our PPR today :). Would not have achieved this milestone without the support from this forum and all our pals here. Thank you all.

We are PNP-Outland (Ontario) and our VO is Singapore, and we had just completed our 6 month processing time. I must take this opportunity to publicly thank my persevering wife @iamxty, who did all the hard work right from PNP application, to adding me as a dependent midway in the application, managing the PoF, staying awake late multiple nights to compile an impeccable document kit, and instilling hope and courage during the nerve-wrecking post ITA process; besides other personal pains that she bore to realise our Canadian dream. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be here today sharing this good news. My heartfelt gratitude to her and lots of love!! I feel blessed to have her as my soulmate :).

To all those awaiting their ITAs, I wish you the very best. Never give up hope, learn from @iamxty and members like @tjsecondtry. There is always scope for improvement, and there is always an opportunity awaiting; to those awaiting their PPRs, just hang in there. It's just a matter of time. CIC really likes to test your endurance levels, so don't get frustrated.

With best regards,

See you again!!!

Wow, heartiest congrats to both of you, @xibalban @iamxty ! And right after you posted about feeling down @iamxty :D
I am so happy for both of you and hope to meet you guys in Canada soon!

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
Is it possible to have a draw on a Friday??

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
So I guess now it can be assumed that CIC don't want to the score to go below 440 and therefore they will skip the draws if it they check and find out that it will go below that.

Two ways -

Either we all boycott increasing our scores and force them to get it low (0% chance of that happening ;))

Or we just get our scores up somehow.

Sitting at 437 since November. Max score in my ielts will take the score to 441 but not even hopeful with that now. So maybe start research for Australian PR or wait until October this year to get my Msc done to increase by CRS to 465 or something....