App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Good day everyone! I've been lurking around these forums and decided to join in for the first time. I have a question regarding reference letter from current employer. I have been working in the same company for the past five years. Last year, I already started compiling documents for ITA as to not waste time if I ever receive that coveted invitation. The date on the letter is July 2017 and is showing a total of 4 years work experience. Would I have to request for a new one? Since this February I have officially reached the 5 year milestone, would it make any difference since I am only claiming points for 3years of work experience outside Canada?
I suppose the letter states that you are currently employed with the organisation. Since you only need 3 years of full time experience, this letter should suffice for CRS points. You could attach your recent pay slips, appraisal letters etc. to establish that you're still working with the organisation. Will defer to seniors' views though.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After you withdrew the application, did you send an email for refund or is automatically refunded? and how much time it takes to get the refund after withdrawal of application?
I did yes. Twice. No response whatsoever. The refund took like 3-4 weeks I believe. I used my brother-in-law's Canadian credit care to make the payment, so he got the refund, that on Saturday. Absolutely no correspondence from OINP at all. Maybe they were not entertained at all :D

Reactions: ankurrana

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
let's hope for 4000 ITA today...and 3 back to back draws....

well that will be a little farfetched for now, lets hope we can get at least 3500 itas starting from today & at least one back to back draw in March & also in April. They should just meet their annual quotas with that considering the low ita number that was given this year till now.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Good day everyone! I've been lurking around these forums and decided to join in for the first time. I have a question regarding reference letter from current employer. I have been working in the same company for the past five years. Last year, I already started compiling documents for ITA as to not waste time if I ever receive that coveted invitation. The date on the letter is July 2017 and is showing a total of 4 years work experience. Would I have to request for a new one? Since this February I have officially reached the 5 year milestone, would it make any difference since I am only claiming points for 3years of work experience outside Canada?
Would be better if you could get a new letter. Only thing that changes is the letter issuance date really, so am sure they can update it for you immediately. Generally, experience letter from current employer should not be older than 6 months.

Reactions: Nene Zim 17

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I know, but I meant MORE than 3 weeks. Meaning is it really possible that they would wait until the 21st for a draw.
Draw No 66. The wait was over 4 weeks if I remember correctly. It was quite the place, the forum, then!

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Draw No 66. The wait was over 4 weeks if I remember correctly. It was quite the place, the forum, then!
I have a question. People like you, who have already received an ITA, still every second Wednesday you get butterflies in your stomach about what is gonna happen, how much will the cut off etc., right? I see many of you are active on Wednesdays, hanging on and trying to give hope to those who need it.

I believe those who gets into this Wednesday addiction, it will take a while to come out of it. :)

karenrph

Oct 3, 2016
Would be better if you could get a new letter. Only thing that changes is the letter issuance date really, so am sure they can update it for you immediately. Generally, experience letter from current employer should not be older than 6 months.
Yes, I already requested for a new letter but the problem is they recently introduced a policy wherein if the letter would be used for applying jobs or visas abroad, it would take 3months before you can claim the letter. Also, they are now requiring us to specify the puropose for requesting, if it would be used for local employment purposes, it can be claimed after a month. I was thinking of requestng one with the purpose of local employment just to get it faster. Do you think such letter would be acceptable?

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
well that will be a little farfetched for now, lets hope we can get at least 3500 itas starting from today & at least one back to back draw in March & also in April. They should just meet their annual quotas with that considering the low ita number that was given this year till now.
That's why I said hope...:D...Bit you. Ever know with IRCC they are unpredictable ...Just like last week...By the way some one had said that it will be very slow till April...I now hope that is true...So it's all about hope:p

ninjarider

Feb 22, 2018
One more Wednesday here... Fingers crossed and I'm getting myself occupied in my office work as much as possible to not think about the draw:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Nene Zim 17

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
That's why I said hope...:D...Bit you. Ever know with IRCC they are unpredictable ...Just like last week...By the way some one had said that it will be very slow till April...I now hope that is true...So it's all about hope:p
Whoever said that what is the logic behind such an emphasis? Did he mention that? or its just some sort of ethereal midsummer dream which he had superstitiously in one fine day? It will never come true as CIC will have to achieve their annual target anyhow.

Reactions: Sandeep198511

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
All going good, had submitted the application and now waiting for the results. AOR 3rd Dec
Medicals cleared and moved to eligibility check after 27th Feb mass update. So keeping fingers crossed this time also.
Hope things go smoothly now.

So how is feeling now? When r u planning to start the migration procedure?
Your PPR is coming!

It definitely is a relief to have it and done with the long wait in NA2/IP2, although these days I have been focused on getting the docs to send in, namely getting pics taken (found a place yesterday that hopefully did it right) and trying to find a carrier for the prepaid self addressed return envelope they ask for that is not too expensive (I've failed on that one, seems my best option will be FedEx which quoted me $56 something!)

I am planning to move in May, probably between the middle to end of the month.