+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 84th Draw

KMY

Jan 24, 2018
Hey guys, can anyone shed some light on language proficiency, I can see on my profile CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 122, how do they come up with 122 if you get 6 points for CLB9? My IELTS score L8; R7.5; W7.5: S9. I really don't want to retake the IELTS as I am on mat leave and absolutely have no time nor energy and when I did the test first time I found it difficult without any prep. Would I get much more if I re take with 9 for all 4 sections? Thanks in advance!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, can anyone shed some light on language proficiency, I can see on my profile CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 122, how do they come up with 122 if you get 6 points for CLB9? My IELTS score L8; R7.5; W7.5: S9. I really don't want to retake the IELTS as I am on mat leave and absolutely have no time nor energy and when I did the test first time I found it difficult without any prep. Would I get much more if I re take with 9 for all 4 sections? Thanks in advance!
You are confusing points given under the six selection factors (to be eligible under the FSW program) with the CRS points given for language scores.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am eagerly waiting for Mr. @vensak to come up with an explanation about why the ITA numbers increased
1. I am a female.
2. As everybody else I can see and work only with the released data and statistics. But considering the 3 weeks gap at the beginning of January The average weekly ITA so far is even below 1375.
3. Following OINP and how they are issuing their NOI (to range between 433 and 444), points out very well the current border just below direct ITA.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could only get few more points if you have better listening (your current is CBL9). So there is not much improvement space there. So if you still lack some points you need to explore other options.

neptune09

Jan 4, 2018
India
I must say this is the closest I have been to a draw number sitting at 441. I am really happy that I am this close and hope for the draw to be on schedule because my profile was created on June 13th 2017. In May when my wife finish school in Canada, my score will jump another 20 points, therefore, I am good either way. My main reason for the score to drop is so that people who's profile will be expired , or whose birthday is up coming and do not have Canadian Work Experience or someone studying somewhere to improve their score will only get lower and lower. For all people sitting in the 400s and up is to ensure that they select Ontario for their interest and recreat their profiles. $1500 is a small price to pay to ensure you get your PR. Based on the draws being very consistent, there is hope for the score to reduce, however, you will stand a better chance getting a NOI for even Ontario and delay any action until you get a direct ITA. This is just my foolish advise. For people who take this thread for a joke or have negative energy, this is certainly not the place. Some people have taken Ielts or Celpip more than 6 times(6*350 = 2100 ), not to mention all the PCC that have become expired and early medical that was done to expedite the process. This is real money being spent, out of savings that are required to meet the financial cut required for Federal Skill Worker Category.
That's some really good advise, points to ponder.

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Hi All I want to decide if i should go for IELTS again currently I have L8,R9,W7,S7 (CLB9 - 1st attempt) should I go for CLB 10 ? which will increase my CRS score (413) by 9 points...really not sure....any suggestions are grateful...

Reactions: FaithandFavor

lavanya31

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hi All I want to decide if i should go for IELTS again currently I have L8,R9,W7,S7 (CLB9 - 1st attempt) should I go for CLB 10 ? which will increase my CRS score (413) by 9 points...really not sure....any suggestions are grateful...
Improving speaking score anything between 7.5 to 9 will help you big time

Reactions: Sandeep198511

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
seniors any help would be great....or your thoughts....