+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Yes this is from my first attempt.How about applying for reval for Reading?
I firmly believe case is similar to me, I am not super awesome with my language, I hope you are the same too. So they took me for a toss. Finally had to do an EOR (Re-Eval) and escalate to cambridge. At last got the scores I wanted.

ashv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2016
My score from first test are L8,S7.5,W7,R6.5 overall 7.5.
Should I apply for reval for Reading
The same F thing happened with me.. i was expecting 8-9 in R but got just R6.5.

LWS - 87.57.5 but just R spoiled the party.. did you apply for reval?

ashv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2016
I firmly believe case is similar to me, I am not super awesome with my language, I hope you are the same too. So they took me for a toss. Finally had to do an EOR (Re-Eval) and escalate to cambridge. At last got the scores I wanted.
Did you apply for ReVal for Reading? what was the outcome?

SJPLAMA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
What do you mean by escalate, did you take some additional steps beside applying for EOR. Can you elaborate. Thx

zhane04

Nov 28, 2017
This is exactly what I did, I basically pre-wrote the letter in the CIC format I know they look for and sent it to them asking to stick to this as closely as possible. However, they did not send it back in that format. I remember from working there that they do not issue references or employment letters in any other format than their own standard, which is basic and uninformative to say the least. Annoying!

My current employer in Canada provided me with a CIC format letter straight away, however it's in their interests to keep me in the country permanently I guess! :D
Hello, can you PLEASE let me have a copy of the CIC format? Kindly send as message, thank you!

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Folks, I am not here to create a heat wave. My comment is based on my experience and there are over thousands of them in the same boat unable to break 6.5 barrier no matter what they do. Can anyone guess the number of people who wrote IELTS in 2017 alone? Just do a random google search and get the statistics you will be amazed.

My scores in my attempts were
L/R/W/S
8.5/6.5/7.5/7.5
8.5/8.5/6.5/7
9/9/8/6.5

After re-eval - 9/9/8/7.5

Like I said I am not super awesome with my lang (but good enough to score a 7 in all modules), so are the rest of the 90% of us. IELTS is not even hard, unlike other language exams. They target the suitable candidate in order to redo their exams again and again. When you get tired they sell you their IELTS courses. Well, If you are spot-on with your lang, you will get past the barrier easily, bcoz they know you will challange back.

Please take this post as my personal experience and do not put yourself into it.

And before you jump on your guns, I got to disclose, I know Martial Arts and I have a bad temper. :mad:

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
The same F thing happened with me.. i was expecting 8-9 in R but got just R6.5.

LWS - 87.57.5 but just R spoiled the party.. did you apply for reval?
Not yet.I am.thinking about it.
Also have retaken the test on 6th Jan.

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Folks, I am not here to create a heat wave. My comment is based on my experience and there are over thousands of them in the same boat unable to break 6.5 barrier no matter what they do. Can anyone guess the number of people who wrote IELTS in 2017 alone? Just do a random google search and get the statistics you will be amazed.

L/R/W/S
8.5/6.5/7.5/7.5
8.5/8.5/6.5/7
9/9/8/6.5

Like I said I am not super awesome with my lang (but good enough to score a 7 in all modules), so are the rest of the 90% of us. IELTS is not even hard, unlike other language exams. They target the suitable candidate in order to redo their exams again and again. When you get tired they sell you their IELTS courses. Well, If you are spot-on with your lang, you will get past the barrier easily, bcoz they know you will challange back.

Please take this post as my personal experience and do not put yourself into it.

And before you jump on your guns, I got to disclose, I know Martial Arts and I have a bad temper. :mad:
Thanks for the inputs.
My 6.5 is on reading.Do you think its worth applying for reval.

stevevutien

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC

L/R/W/S
8.5/6.5/7.5/7.5
8.5/8.5/6.5/7
9/9/8/6

My English is not my mother tongue either. In the end, IELTS is a for profit organization, and they need to make money (as much as they can).
Also, for CIC side, IMO there are no correlation between a good immigrant vs their English ability.

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Sir, I cant suggest a direct answer, but do you think a person scoring good grades in all other modules will score less in Reading alone? I dont think so.
Thats the problem.Its more than a month,I have reappeared but cant believe my score of reading.Please go ahead and provide your valuable suggestion.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Thats the problem.Its more than a month,I have reappeared but cant believe my score of reading.Please go ahead and provide your valuable suggestion.
Like someone pointed, if they scored you a lower grade in Reading. Mostly likely they will stick to the same score in the EOR as well, coz an error in reading, means they lack basic evaluation qualities and will impact their reputation. But for writing and speaking awarding a higher score doesnt affect their reputation.

And please dont believe the fairy tale that your test is being assessed at the British Council in UK. IELTS centers are licensed to mark and remark your paper, but your IELTS center wants you to believe that your test results are imported from the UK and they cant do anything about it.

I wish you all the very best for your next exam. This is just a burden than a real exam, so just be casual; dont stress. You will surely clear the exam.

Reactions: Gourav147

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Like someone pointed, if they scored you a lower grade in Reading. Mostly likely they will stick to the same score in the EOR as well, coz an error in reading, means they lack basic evaluation qualities and will impact their reputation. But for writing and speaking awarding a higher score doesnt affect their reputation.

And please dont believe the fairy tale that your test is being assessed at the British Council in UK. IELTS centers are licensed to mark and remark your paper, but your IELTS center wants you to believe that your test results are imported from the UK and they cant do anything about it.

I wish you all the very best for your next exam. This is just a burden than a real exam, so just be casual; dont stress. You will surely clear the exam.
Man you are awesome.Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017

Also I have reappeared for the exam on 6th Jan,immediately after the result,interestingly back to back exams.The pity is the result was supposed to come on 19th jan,initially delayed till 27th jan and then to 6th feb.Hopefully tomorrow is the day for me.Wish me luck!