+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
"<" ---- This is used when you have to say "Less Than"
">" ---- This is used when you have to say "Greater Than"

Folks here seem to be confused with the comparison operators.
Ha ha, that is so true. I noticed the incorrect usage of the symbol as well but I tried to figure out the intended meaning based on the rest of the words

Last edited:

krishkumar7

Nov 17, 2017
india
Ok guys, today's draw was crucial in determining ITA for 430s. With no draw today and the Bi-weekly trend of 2750 invitations continuing, probably means CRS score won't dip to the lower 430s until end of march. That's two months from now. Super upseting :(. Only additional draws or greater invitations can do some magic. Anyone with a different outlook or point of view?

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hey guys, as it is looking increasingly unlikely that there will be a draw today and next Wednesday being the more probable draw date, I confess I turn 30 on Friday and lose 5 crucial CRS points! :(

I have a scenario and question to ask, please please if you could help me, that'd be awesome:

I am currently sitting at 441 until Friday and I know I will need to boost my score to have any chance of getting an ITA next month after Friday's score deduction. I'm currently working in Canada and have been in my chosen NOC occupation with my employer for over a year who has provided me with an acceptable employment letter for my PR application.

I can boost my score by including my previous work experience in the UK (2 years of provable experience matching my NOC - 1224) combined with my decent language score (CELPIP - R12, S12, L12, W9). I therefore reached out to my previous employer for a similar employment letter, however all the HR dept. sent was a basic letter confirming my name, dates employed, full time, and job title. There was no inclusion of the duties performed which I requested and stated was crucial. Now I'm at a loss with how I can claim this experience without this?

I had one idea which I'm hoping you can comment on:

a) Use the letter they sent and upload along with the job description for the role (which I think I may still have somewhere), along with an explanation letter to the officer detailing the connection between the two
b) If I am unable to obtain the job description for whatever reason, I could reach out to an ex-client of mine who could verify the duties I performed when I was employed there and ask him to write an official reference and upload this, along with the explanation letter.

What do you think guys? Will this suffice for proof of my work experience in the eyes of the officer? I really really need these extra points and the only reason I didn't claim them beforehand was because I thought (stupidly and arrogantly) I wouldn't need them with a score of 441 and I envisaged getting the perfect letter from my previous employer meeting CIC's expectations would prove difficult - which is being proved correct. My work experience of over 2 years in the UK does match the NOC on the application and I would really like to benefit from claiming the points for this.

Thanks in advance for any input guys, no matter how small! It's appreciated and I know we are all in this together - which is comforting! :)
My husbands last company said they could only do a standard letter for past employees. He asked to have the job duties printed on company letterhead and signed and they were willing to do that. We will include the email chain, the 2 letters and past pay slips to meet the document requirements.

bspn223

Dec 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
In order to create your profile you need:
1 result of language test from at least one of the official languages (you need your results and the certificate ID number - but that one can be calculated it you know your applicant number)
2. ECA for at least 1 diploma (again all you need is what was it evaluated for and the ECA ID number.)
So as long as you have that information you can create your profile. You do not need to have hard copies in your hand (they will arrive within 2 weeks, but it is extremely rare that they are different from the online release). Both your ECA and language test shall be in their database once you have the info about the result.

And also at any given time you can improve your profile (add ECA and language test for your spouse, add additional info for you or change if spouse will accompany you). There is no need to withdraw the profile.

Just be aware, that tactic when you would put your spouse as non accompanying and change it after ITA or AOR will not work.
Officer can assume, that there was intention the whole time and can recalculate your points accordingly.
And unlike for those that will marry somebody after AOR, that change is not change of the family composition (your spouse is still your spouse). And they cannot recalculate points only if family composition did change.
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation!

Regards,
S

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi,
How can we know in which stream we got an NOI from Ontario? I didn't find anything on the interest letter they gave.
Please advise.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks! So can I start a new EE profile, claim the points and then submit what I have when/if I get my ITA as per the ideas I mentioned above? If it's not enough will they outright reject my application or ask me to provide further evidence, such as the tax form or pay stubs you mention?
alternatively, get a colleague from your previous company to sign the letter for you and get it notarised. Additionally, include pay stubs, appointment letter, and standard format experience letter that the company has provided ya. Job done!

Reactions: sundar17feb99

Gman2018

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi,

Am presently at 443 and hope to get ITA before the end of February. At the moment, am trying to put documents together. A friend advised I will need all copies of my previous passports, detailing my travel history of the last 10 years. I don't know how true this is. Also, i can't seem to find all my passports. Please advise me on what to do

SonnyG

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
guys, i was wondering how the number of 2750 ITAs limit with in 444 CRS points.
as per the data
601-1200 202
451-600 796
441-450 1,420
these slots total to 2418 only, still CRS cut off is 444.
can anyone explain the gap or correct me?

indcan86

Oct 6, 2017
maybe it's time for us to accept the fact that, hoping for unpredictable CIC to issue invitations based on past data is not futile. Rather it will be ideal to proceed with other options like "study French, wait for nomination from provinces or even choose to study in Canada if you have enough money at disposal." This way we can keep our hope alive.

I was among those who felt like it EE was an amazing choice to get PR in some developed countries as they dropped their scores below 415 at some point in the past year. But standing @ 430 and later losing 6 points for age, I feel less hopeful to get a direct ITA "ever"!

CIC has put a dent in our hopes by breaking all previous years trends. I even wonder the announcement to intake more immigrates where just a show to attract more people to join their EE system and not to practically make it into real people on the Canadian Soil.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
guys, i was wondering how the number of 2750 ITAs limit with in 444 CRS points.
as per the data
601-1200 202
451-600 796
441-450 1,420
these slots total to 2418 only, still CRS cut off is 444.
can anyone explain the gap or correct me?
That data was as on 18th January. Draw was on 24th.

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
So CIC continues to play games and frustrate people in the pool. After 2 years they break the trend of 3 draws in Jan month.

You should understand that all this is tactics for forcing people to go for other options. Just think about it... why would Ontario release NOI's to people with 440s CRS range? When they already know that people in 440s will get direct ITA in 2-3 rounds.

Reactions: baka

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,

Am presently at 443 and hope to get ITA before the end of February. At the moment, am trying to put documents together. A friend advised I will need all copies of my previous passports, detailing my travel history of the last 10 years. I don't know how true this is. Also, i can't seem to find all my passports. Please advise me on what to do
My question is similar to yours so I am adding it to yours. I lived in Austria for four years where they used to issue residence card that was renewed yearly. At the time of reneweal the old one was taken back and new one given. Nothing was added to the passport. I currently do not have anything to show my stay in Austria except the initial 3 months visa that was stamped when I went there for the first time.

Can this be an issue?