Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hello Seniors,
I am Retaking IELTS on Jan 6 (Writing 6 on last occasion) and got a question:
Do the AdvantageS outweigh DisadvantageS essay: Jay from E2Language says we need to mention 1 main advantage and 1 main disadvantage and then write 1 paragraph on each of them. Also, saw another lady on E2Language who said write 2 paragraph on whatever your opinion is i.e. if you opinion is disadvantage outweighs advantage, mention 2 disadvantages and write both paragraph about that. Really confused and looking for expert feedback.
Also, if someone could share helpful Writing material I will be really thankful (my goal is to get 7 on writing this time).
My email: shaun_vision@yahoo.com
Hi Sunboy,

the type of essay that you are talking about need to be in the same structure as bellows- you should be okay if you follow this structure.

Advantage outweighing the disadvantage & you agree with it.

Introduction

Paragraph- 1- write on advantage (1 main idea) with fully supporting your notion- AD is better than DISAD

Paragraph 2- write on disadvantage (1 main idea) with weak supporting- remember not to corroborate the disadvantage as much as the advantage paragraph- if possible try to include some uncertainty on the effect of the main idea on the topic.

Paragraph 3- here you will have to restate that paragraph 1&2 idea & tell them that 1 is better than 2 cause of this reason & thats why you agree that Ad outclass disad. give examples here if possible too (besides para 1 & 2)

Conclusion

I hope that helped :)

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Saimurali,

Can you please throw some light on what is incomplete PCC?
PCC should cover the complete period of stay in any country. In my case, my wife stayed in qatar from March 2016 to till date but PCC was issued from June 2016 to present which is a mistake from Qatar authorities. This led to rejection of my application. On the other hand, PCC from India will not state any date but covers the complete period of stay.

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
PCC should cover the complete period of stay in any country. In my case, my wife stayed in qatar from March 2016 to till date but PCC was issued from June 2016 to present which is a mistake from Qatar authorities. This led to rejection of my application. On the other hand, PCC from India will not state any date but covers the complete period of stay.
Hey, this caught my attention. I have received two PCCs, each from Finland and Denmark. They simply state that there are no records in my name in the criminal registry records of these countries on the dates of issuance and does NOT mention the length of my stay in these countries. How do you see this?

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hey, this caught my attention. I have received two PCCs, each from Finland and Denmark. They simply state that there are no records in my name in the criminal registry records of these countries on the dates of issuance and does NOT mention the length of my stay in these countries. How do you see this?
It's perfectly fine if there is no date mentioned and it covers the complete period of stay

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
All new members here!

Well, I just want to wish you guys all the very best for your draw. I was just like you a year ago and today is a person who has received his PR and is all set to fly to Canada soon! :)

Don't lose hope. That's the key!

All the very best to each one of you.

Cheers!
Wow, congrats hey. Wish you all the best in Canada.

Dolarosa

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hi Sunboy,

the type of essay that you are talking about need to be in the same structure as bellows- you should be okay if you follow this structure.

Advantage outweighing the disadvantage & you agree with it.

Introduction

Paragraph- 1- write on advantage (1 main idea) with fully supporting your notion- AD is better than DISAD

Paragraph 2- write on disadvantage (1 main idea) with weak supporting- remember not to corroborate the disadvantage as much as the advantage paragraph- if possible try to include some uncertainty on the effect of the main idea on the topic.

Paragraph 3- here you will have to restate that paragraph 1&2 idea & tell them that 1 is better than 2 cause of this reason & thats why you agree that Ad outclass disad. give examples here if possible too (besides para 1 & 2)

Conclusion

I hope that helped :)
In addition, make sure you adhere to the word count. You lose marks if it’s less. Don’t forget to use examples from your experiences or knowledge to buttress your points. I wrote Ielts thrice and I believe the writing and speaking turn out the way they do mostly because it’s subjective and depends on whoever is marking your script. There’s also a list of topics online. Try and practice as much as possible. Also try and spend more time on task two. There is the tendency to get carried away with task 1 and rush through the task two which carries more marks. Wish you all the best!

harshala

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-14
Doc's Request.
15-12-14
Hi Guyzz..
1st of all Wish you all a very happy new year!!!
May all our's Canadian dream come true in this year..

Now my question:

What are changes of issuing 3000+ITA tomorrow??
I feel that last 2-3 draws with limited, 2750 ITA was strategy to restrict intake for Year ending 2017.
However, that wont be the case with New year's 1st draw. And ITA issued would be surely more than 3000.
Experts, plz give your predictions..

Knowing that we all are impatient and the same increases as Wednesday comes closer, reading posts on ROH thread is the best way to pass time
and keep oneself mitivated by reading predictions :)

Hence, please keep this thread alive.

All the best for tomorrow.. Hoping for ITA tomorrow..