+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 81st Draw

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Same my case,i got 6.5 in speaking, examiner was very rude. I did well in all parts. That’s really frustrating, i will go for EOR.
I had a pretty strong examiner for speaking too. We just need to hope that they are not subjective in the assessment.

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Guys, need your help in something. I have forgotten my GCkey login password. I tried to change it but there is one security question which I do not recall entering. I have a screenshot saved of the answers that I submitted while creating the profile and that particular question is not there. I read the help page it says you will have to create a new profile if you have forgotten your security answers as well.

How many security questions are there? I have screenshot of 4, if there are 5 then that is the one I am missing. Is there any other way out? I do not want to create another profile as the process will start all over again for me. I am currently standing at 422 points.
If you have forgotten the answer to your security question, creating a new account should be only option (unless you can magically remember the answer!). I forgot my password and created my profile again.

Getty

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
1221; 6311; 6511
App. Filed.......
04/05/17
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-07-2019
Med's Done....
19-08-2019
Passport Req..
07/01/2020
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2020
Need help seniors. My IELTs score is R/L/w/S 9/8.5/7.5/6.5...should i apply for recheck.. i am really frustrated... regards
@saani I am not a senior but am answering from experience, i had my writing test re-evaluated and the scores changed from 6.5 to 7.0, they also returned the fee i had paid. They tried to discourage me by saying that it will take 8-10 weeks but i was adamant and in two weeks my scores were in. All am saying is that there is no harm in trying (for speaking and writing).
I will book another test soon to try and maximize my writing and reading.
All the best.

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
@saani I am not a senior but am answering from experience, i had my writing test re-evaluated and the scores changed from 6.5 to 7.0, they also returned the fee i had paid. They tried to discourage me by saying that it will take 8-10 weeks but i was adamant and in two weeks my scores were in. All am saying is that there is no harm in trying (for speaking and writing).
I will book another test soon to try and maximize my writing and reading.
All the best.
Is there any way to increase writing score to 7.5? I have given ielts four times and all I can score in writing is 7. Just a 0.5 band increase will change my life for good as I desperately want to move to Canada. My CRS will decrease by 5 points coming March 2018 as I have my birthday then. I want to neutralise that by scoring a little more in ielts as I have no other way.

Mathews86

Nov 19, 2017
Hi Benson, did you check the pdf file in your message. I' sure there will be a reason mentioned like incomplete pcc or something. Please check. I got rejected on Oct 30. It was because of incomplete PCC for my spouse . Created a new profile again and waiting for ITA now.
Hi Saimurali,

Can you please throw some light on what is incomplete PCC?

dhruvroom

Apr 27, 2017
New Year, New Ray of Hope! We had a mixed emotional 2017. Many of us made it to ITA stage where many still waiting in the pool. From today new multiyear immigration plan for nearly 1 million immigrants target is going to kick start. I am sure 2018 will be the golden year for many of us and Express Entry system will enter into a new era to witness the uncharted CRS territory of bottom 400s or lower. Now let me tell you my view on how it will go that low.

For this calendar year Economic Class target is 74,900 for which we can expect around 90,000 to 95,000 ITAs because 30% ITAs get wasted! If we have normal biweekly draws then intake per draw should be more than 3500 candidates. Last five months CRS score didn't go below 433 and the year ended on 446. Due to low number of ITAs upward pressure on CRS score was constant. Even though we have had regular biweekly draws, the upper band of the pool got filled with fresh applicants before every draw but lower range between 400 to 430 was some what similar through out the time.

Why this phenomenon happened? Some would say PNP nominations but it hardly made an impact as the number of candidates above 600 were very few, less than 200. Yes it is IELTS and second language score. People from lower range, mostly from lower 400s are improving their 1st language skills and also adding 2nd language points. These people are getting into 450+ range and contributing to limit CRS cutoff number. Of course new entrants with high score also joined but it is very unlikely that their number can be as high as 2750 in two weeks!

We all know improving 1st language score and adding an extra one is expensive and demand extra effort and time! Then why do people do this? Because immigration systems all over the world are quite unpredictable and IRCC is no different. People are scared what if IRCC brings a change and makes it difficult, what if they stop taking people, so much uncertainty in people's mind. When IRCC started to reduce the number of ITAs, people got more anxious and started to put their highest possible effort to increase their score, and that contributed CRS cutoff go to above 450 at the end part of the year. Naturally every one wants to get ahead of others, no matter what it takes.

As I said, in 2018 IRCC need to conduct regular biweekly draws and invite 3500 folks every time if they want to achieve the target. Once they start inviting more folks, downward pressure on CRS cutoff will mount. When CRS cutoff will start to show signs of getting down people will be much relaxed and happy to wait for their turn. Then the upper ranges will not fill up as it is filling up now and cutoff will go more down. In between back to back draws will do a lot of magic too! Two back to back draws with 3500+ ITAs will clear more than 7000 folks within 7 days! I don't think many people will be bothered to go through the hassle of retaking IELTS for CLB 9 band or learn french when they will see ITAs coming down to them very soon.

I always believed that a language skill cannot be a benchmark to judge some one's knowledge and wisdom. And you can't buy experience by better language ability. I am sure Canadian government know that as well thus they have set CLB 7 as the minimum score not CLB 9. IRCC want people with different skills and experience from diverse communities from all over the world otherwise they would have invited candidates from English speaking countries only.

So everyone from lower 400s and below, don't lose hope. You are educated, skilled, experienced and eligible to migrate in Canada, that is why you are in the pool. Your turn is coming very soon. Just be a little patient, you will see the Ray of Hope shining bright not so far away!!

Happy New Year Everyone! Wish You A Wonderful 2018, May All Your Wishes Come True Before We WelCome Another Year! :):):)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any predictions on getting 419 during May or June?
I am currently at 394 and will have 419 in May 2018.

Any advise will be welcome. :)

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any predictions on getting 419 during May or June?
I am currently at 394 and will have 419 in May 2018.

Any advise will be welcome. :)
Just wait for Jan draws to analyse 2018 trend. If the draw size goes as high as 3500+ then 419 can be reached by March or April.... hopefully.

Reactions: dhruvroom

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi, Ray of hope family members,

Happy new year. Yes, even if we are living thousands of miles away from each other, this platform has brought all of us to unite into a single family called "ray of hope family"

Despite being super busy, the experienced philanthropic golden-hearted members are helping the new applicants with solutions and hope. Whereas, the new applicants are thriving for success and give their 100% to make all the efforts count.

I am overwhelmed by the warmth that our ray of hope family members have been showing towards each other, deliriously glad to be a part of this family :)

May the new year bring the highest level of success till now for all of us. Let us all dream to reach our Canadian dream with pride.