+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 81st Draw

Anitbiotic

Nov 28, 2017
Gave my IELTS and screwed up again by 0.5 in writing. (9,8.5,7,6.5- LRSW). I wouldn't ask if EoR is a good option-It is worth a try based on the discussion on this thread- Thanks to seniors and fellow members.

But my question is
Is there a relationship between speaking and writing scores? Does the success of EoR for writing depend on speaking score and vice versa?

Please do help me understand this. Thanks.

Happy new year to you and your dear ones.

Favouredchild

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Happy new year in advance everyone!!

Let's all be grateful that we have seen the last day of 2017!!!

Take a moment to forget about the stress, anxiety or heartbreak we experienced and just be grateful that we are still alive to see our dreams come to pass in the new year!!!

2018 will be a great year!!! one of the best to have ever come our way!!!

Wishing you a year filled with new hopes, possibilities and realized dreams!!!

dhruvroom

Apr 27, 2017
My permutation is complete and good News for people with lower scores.

I estimated 220 candidates left in the 441 to 450 range after the last draw.

For the January 3rd draw, I assumed that number of people entering the pool between now and January 3 will either be at historical level or even lower. ( This is due to the following factors, lower number of ECA will be issued, IELTS result to be released and the fact that lower number of working days will affect a lot of people's submission due to ECA and IELTS).

2750 ITAs Cut off will be 437 +/- 2

3000+ ITA Cut off will be 434 +/- 2

All this is just logic but if you are sitting at 430+ the chances are you will get your ITA by third week in January.

Historically, 2015, 2016 and 2017, there is a consecutive draw in the first two weeks of January and that will lower the CRS.

Anyways don’t take my estimations serious just see it as a possible guide.

Thanks.

Just for those who will ask, below is my last estimation for today's draw.

2750 ITA cut off 447 -/+ 2
3000+ ITA cut off 441-/+ 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any predictions on getting 419 during May or June?
I am currently at 394 and will have 419 in May 2018.

Any advise will be welcome. :)

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
New Year, New Ray of Hope! We had a mixed emotional 2017. Many of us made it to ITA stage where many still waiting in the pool. From today new multiyear immigration plan for nearly 1 million immigrants target is going to kick start. I am sure 2018 will be the golden year for many of us and Express Entry system will enter into a new era to witness the uncharted CRS territory of bottom 400s or lower. Now let me tell you my view on how it will go that low.

For this calendar year Economic Class target is 74,900 for which we can expect around 90,000 to 95,000 ITAs because 30% ITAs get wasted! If we have normal biweekly draws then intake per draw should be more than 3500 candidates. Last five months CRS score didn't go below 433 and the year ended on 446. Due to low number of ITAs upward pressure on CRS score was constant. Even though we have had regular biweekly draws, the upper band of the pool got filled with fresh applicants before every draw but lower range between 400 to 430 was some what similar through out the time.

Why this phenomenon happened? Some would say PNP nominations but it hardly made an impact as the number of candidates above 600 were very few, less than 200. Yes it is IELTS and second language score. People from lower range, mostly from lower 400s are improving their 1st language skills and also adding 2nd language points. These people are getting into 450+ range and contributing to limit CRS cutoff number. Of course new entrants with high score also joined but it is very unlikely that their number can be as high as 2750 in two weeks!

We all know improving 1st language score and adding an extra one is expensive and demand extra effort and time! Then why do people do this? Because immigration systems all over the world are quite unpredictable and IRCC is no different. People are scared what if IRCC brings a change and makes it difficult, what if they stop taking people, so much uncertainty in people's mind. When IRCC started to reduce the number of ITAs, people got more anxious and started to put their highest possible effort to increase their score, and that contributed CRS cutoff go to above 450 at the end part of the year. Naturally every one wants to get ahead of others, no matter what it takes.

As I said, in 2018 IRCC need to conduct regular biweekly draws and invite 3500 folks every time if they want to achieve the target. Once they start inviting more folks, downward pressure on CRS cutoff will mount. When CRS cutoff will start to show signs of getting down people will be much relaxed and happy to wait for their turn. Then the upper ranges will not fill up as it is filling up now and cutoff will go more down. In between back to back draws will do a lot of magic too! Two back to back draws with 3500+ ITAs will clear more than 7000 folks within 7 days! I don't think many people will be bothered to go through the hassle of retaking IELTS for CLB 9 band or learn french when they will see ITAs coming down to them very soon.

I always believed that a language skill cannot be a benchmark to judge some one's knowledge and wisdom. And you can't buy experience by better language ability. I am sure Canadian government know that as well thus they have set CLB 7 as the minimum score not CLB 9. IRCC want people with different skills and experience from diverse communities from all over the world otherwise they would have invited candidates from English speaking countries only.

So everyone from lower 400s and below, don't lose hope. You are educated, skilled, experienced and eligible to migrate in Canada, that is why you are in the pool. Your turn is coming very soon. Just be a little patient, you will see the Ray of Hope shining bright not so far away!!

Happy New Year Everyone! Wish You A Wonderful 2018, May All Your Wishes Come True Before We WelCome Another Year! :):):)

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Dear friends,

Wish you wonderful and fabulous 2018! May your dreams come true, may your patience and hard working pay off towards Canadian journey! :)

May 2018 bring more happiness, especially more ITAs, lower CRS, speedy PR application and may we always be supportive each other in this magical thread!

All the best and have a wonderful holiday!

PS: See you all on Wednesday, you know what I mean :);)

#KeepYourHopeAlive

Last edited:

dimp75

Dec 1, 2016
Hi Everyone and Happy New Year!
This is my very first post in ROH on the 1st day of the year. :)
i have been a silent reader in every ROH discussions for the past 14 threads and I should say that it has given me a lot of challenges, hope and
most importantly motivation to pursue my Canadian dream though I know that my score is below the 400s. Now that I have created my EE profile
I feel that I need to be more attuned with all the nitty gritty of the process and involve myself with all the possible solutions that could help land me
an ITA.
Again may we all share the same aspirations of coming to Canada this 2018!
Goodluck to all of us and God Bless....

Anitbiotic

Nov 28, 2017
Gave my IELTS and screwed up again by 0.5 in writing. (9,8.5,7,6.5- LRSW). I wouldn't ask if EoR is a good option-It is worth a try based on the discussion on this thread- Thanks to seniors and fellow members.

But my question is
Is there a relationship between speaking and writing scores? Does the success of EoR for writing depend on speaking score and vice versa?

Please do help me understand this. Thanks.

Happy new year to you and your dear ones.

Can Anyone please clarify on this?
@vensak , @TanakaM ?

Anitbiotic

Nov 28, 2017
Does a Job offer with NOC- ICT Business Analysts (2171) requires LMIA? I was going through the CIC website and few previous ROH threads. Couldn't reach a logical conclusion.

Can someone please help? Thank You.

milindpm

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Might be worth a try. However, people have said that if your W and/or S score is 2 less than R and L they reexamine the scores and assign the final scores. Nevertheless, people have had success after EOR of IELTS score.
I feel they do this on purpose. Even I have a 6.5 in Speaking and will apply for an EOR once I receive my TRF. My speaking went on well and I felt the examiner was a very rude lady. Anyways, I am not sure if they recheck your speaking score if there is 2 band difference between L/R and W/S scores, suggest you apply for EOR and hope for the best.

MJMOMO

Jan 1, 2018
Guys, need your help in something. I have forgotten my GCkey login password. I tried to change it but there is one security question which I do not recall entering. I have a screenshot saved of the answers that I submitted while creating the profile and that particular question is not there. I read the help page it says you will have to create a new profile if you have forgotten your security answers as well.

How many security questions are there? I have screenshot of 4, if there are 5 then that is the one I am missing. Is there any other way out? I do not want to create another profile as the process will start all over again for me. I am currently standing at 422 points.

saani

Jul 29, 2017
I feel they do this on purpose. Even I have a 6.5 in Speaking and will apply for an EOR once I receive my TRF. My speaking went on well and I felt the examiner was a very rude lady. Anyways, I am not sure if they recheck your speaking score if there is 2 band difference between L/R and W/S scores, suggest you apply for EOR and hope for the best.
Same my case,i got 6.5 in speaking, examiner was very rude. I did well in all parts. That’s really frustrating, i will go for EOR.