+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 81st Draw

Dirup

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hello seniors,
If we get PNP nomination, do we have mandate to work /live only in that province and for how many years... Cant we work/live/travel to other provinces?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New Express Entry Stream coming in 2018
The new year will also see the introduction of Alberta’s two new provincial nomination streams — the Alberta Opportunity Stream and the Alberta Express Entry Stream.

The Alberta Opportunity Stream will combine the current Employer-Driven Stream and Strategic Recruitment Stream and 11 sub-categories and consolidate them under one set of eligibility criteria.

The Alberta Express Entry Stream will allow the AINP to nominate a limited number of candidates in the federal government’s Express Entry pool, which includes candidates from the federal government’s three economic immigration classes — the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), the Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

Express Entry candidates who receive a nomination through the Alberta Express Entry Stream receive an additional 600 Comprehensive Ranking System points and an Invitation To Apply for Canadian permanent residence in a subsequent Express Entry draw.

In order to be considered under the Alberta Express Entry Stream, candidates must have a profile in the Express Entry pool.

When it announced the creation of the Alberta Opportunities and the Alberta Express Entry-aligned streams in October, the Government of Alberta also noted a number of projected labour shortages in the following sectors and occupations that will need to be addressed over the coming years:

• nurse supervisors and registered nurses (shortage of 5,434 workers by 2025)
  • medical technologists and technicians (shortage of 2,322 workers by 2025)
  • computer and information systems professionals (shortage of 1,426 workers by 2025)
  • managers in construction and transportation (shortage of 1,386 workers by 2025)
  • sales and service supervisors (shortage of 1,145 workers by 2025)
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

Note: The planned changes, including the January start date, will be postponed in order for government to continue conversations with affected stakeholders. However, the goal remains the same – to better position foreign workers in Alberta for long-term success under standards that will meet the federal government’s requirements. Further updates will be announced in the new year. Prospective applicants can continue to apply under the existing streams into the New Year.

http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/programs-and-forms/ainp.aspx

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
Hello seniors,
If we get PNP nomination, do we have mandate to work /live only in that province and for how many years... Cant we work/live/travel to other provinces?
There have been many cases of people moving from that province without issues.
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

Note: The planned changes, including the January start date, will be postponed in order for government to continue conversations with affected stakeholders. However, the goal remains the same – to better position foreign workers in Alberta for long-term success under standards that will meet the federal government’s requirements. Further updates will be announced in the new year. Prospective applicants can continue to apply under the existing streams into the New Year.

http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/programs-and-forms/ainp.aspx
I saw this post as well. I hope they figure out the best way to implement this program without affecting too much people negatively. The new programs does impact foreign workers in a positive manner though.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There have been many cases of people moving from that province without issues.

I saw this post as well. I hope they figure out the best way to implement this program without affecting too much people negatively. The new programs does impact foreign workers in a positive manner though.
With the speed in Alberta, better count additional 3 to 6 months at very least. I guess the biggest hurdle might be EE stream itself (because of the min. EE requirements and that they have to be a bit faster with those applications).
So at the moment old streams are valid as they are.

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
With the speed in Alberta, better count additional 3 to 6 months at very least. I guess the biggest hurdle might be EE stream itself (because of the min. EE requirements and that they have to be a bit faster with those applications).
So at the moment old streams are valid as they are.
Excellent point. I find that they are very quick with Postgraduate stream though. Well quick enough :)

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Need help seniors. My IELTs score is R/L/w/S 9/8.5/7.5/6.5...should i apply for recheck.. i am really frustrated... regards

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Need help seniors. My IELTs score is R/L/w/S 9/8.5/7.5/6.5...should i apply for recheck.. i am really frustrated... regards
I have not done a re-evaluation of IELTS score before but I read in some other discussions that you can have W and S re-evaluated as these are subjective which made sense to me. Just my 2 cents.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
your experience is indeed very accurate and just very pathetic cause potential candidates with a genuine target and dream is sometimes not getting the chance to get their ITA's for this huge rush of somewhat confused people who don't have any specific reason to move to the country of hope, Canada.

I guess it has been a hype for many and a status symbol to have a PR of Canada without any explicit vision. This is tragic cause at the end of the day you will see them continuing their job in their own country and return back to Canada just to live here for the 3 years duration to put their hand on the Canadian Passport. Once they have the passport, they settled down to other countries like UK or USA. This is by far not goes in par with the Canadian dream but perhaps adequate enough to break the hope of many potent applicants who are waiting at 400-420 CRS range and are by far to get their PR, which they need to give them some hope to live up a better life, most importantly the PR which they want for a secure and high quality of life for their children. These people don't have super high ambition to have Canadian passport as a status symbol or a corridor to other developed countries but just to reside in Canada with their family and have a stable life. I guess Canada is searching for such kind of people who can contribute to their economy for a longer duration not anyone who will take a major proportion of their PR quotas and not turn to be as efficient as expected. Maybe, CIC should introduce something similar to motivation letter which will give the lower CRS candidates a chance to highlight their inspiration and their dream to become a part of Canadian dream and also enable CIC to know the real reason people want to move to their country, offcourse they won't prefer any confused individuals who will not contribute for the country to the expected level:D

No offense to anyone but just tried to explain what I came across and if I tell about me, I want to move to Canada cause I want to be a part of a newly grown community where I can work with pride and prove myself honestly and ethically. I want my parents to be proud of their son and also want them to visit me in Canada & live with me. Their smile is one of the most important thing which make me fight for my victory & hopefully I will reach my PR dream anyhow to achieve it :)
You said it right and on spot!

I want to go to Canada to be a part of great community and country, where me and my husband can provide for our children’s great future! Where rules apply to everyone not like in my country where if you have enough money you can escape from the law! Where we can buy a house and a car by working hard and not having slavery loans worrying every day how we will repay them! I would swim to Canada if someone told me this would bring me PR tomorrow and a fresh start!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
You said it right and on spot!

I want to go to Canada to be a part of great community and country, where me and my husband can provide for our children’s great future! Where rules apply to everyone not like in my country where if you have enough money you can escape from the law! Where we can buy a house and a car by working hard and not having slavery loans worrying every day how we will repay them! I would swim to Canada if someone told me this would bring me PR tomorrow and a fresh start!
Totally agree. There is nothing more important than securing the future of our children. Good education, good healthcare and the opportunity to turn dreams into a reality.
If one can walk in as a teenage refugee and in 25 or so years be a minister, what more can you ask for when it come to opportunity?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I would give it a go. Alternatively, it may be quicker to retake the test. Give yourself a few weeks to prepare well and go for it. Your scores are good so I'm sure you will get the desired scores with a bit more work.

Reactions: hishamx87

hemangshah

Dec 20, 2017
It'd better if you retake the test.. From my personal experiences, it remains unchanged 9/10 times. Also it will take lot of time to receive the rechecking results... You will easily crack it next time.. All the best

Reactions: Sidish

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
The Alberta Express Entry Stream will allow the AINP to nominate a limited number of candidates in the federal government’s Express Entry pool, which includes candidates from the federal government’s three economic immigration classes — the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), the Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

Express Entry candidates who receive a nomination through the Alberta Express Entry Stream receive an additional 600 Comprehensive Ranking System points and an Invitation To Apply for Canadian permanent residence in a subsequent Express Entry draw.

In order to be considered under the Alberta Express Entry Stream, candidates must have a profile in the Express Entry pool.
I feel like this will be 6-8 months to get the AINP which may be too much for some of us, better chances with clean EE and lower score.

Reactions: Samroze