24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Is there a draw today??
What r my chances @427
Mostly no draw today.
Need to wait till the next few draws and see if CIC increases the ITAs issued per draw or have 1 week gap draws. If it does any of the above then good chance of receiving ITA in the coming months.

Brandon Stark

Sep 20, 2017
Hi, I am at 431. Have been waiting since the last 5 months. I have the LMIA option available. Should i wait for two more months for the score to go down or should I tell my employer to apply for LMIA. I have plenty of time on work permit. Any advise welcome. I am in a precarious moment of time.
Thank you and good luck on your draw.

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
You ignored a very important factor. the last breakdown that was given was on 18th December, the last draw was two days later, if you remove 2750 from the last draw you will end up with just about 100 people left in the 441 to 450 range. However, given that there was about 36hrs between the last breakdown and the last draw, its safe to assume only 120 to 200 people enter the pool at 441 and above during that 36hrs.

Finally, British council offices are closed till January 2nd, 3 days holiday means lower number of new ECAs.

So my assumption is not really out of place if you factor in all this dynamics.

But like I said, its just permutation and I may be wrong.

I definitely agree with you as it relates to the the numbers between 441 - 446. I mixed up the names by the way in my response. I agreed with you on the 441-446, however, I do believe, that the number at 2750 will be 439 which is very close to your number as well. My wife actually came up with 221 as the number that is remaining in the pool for 441 - 446 because of the fact that it is only 2 days that separated them. I viewed it has they took the snap in the morning of the 18th, which means there was a total of 48 hours. That is why I ended up with 350 for my count between 441 - 446. I do not have all the details that you have to create a very good forecsting model, so I used the last four weeks of data to create my equation to predict the number of ITAs. @abhishek_89
is awesome and you are awesome to be providing excellent insight to the thread.

Last edited:

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
Hi, I am at 431. Have been waiting since the last 5 months. I have the LMIA option available. Should i wait for two more months for the score to go down or should I tell my employer to apply for LMIA. I have plenty of time on work permit. Any advise welcome. I am in a precarious moment of time.
Thank you and good luck on your draw.
I would advise you to wait, if you have enough time on your work permit. Based on the last three years worth of data, we are expected to get 3 draws in January. If that happens there is a good chance of the draw going to 431. However, something to note is that to get your PR quickly sometimes you have to just get the extra points. We will never know what CIC is thinking, therefore, get the most points you can get.

Reactions: Brandon Stark

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
When I create an Express Entry profile, I did not see any area to insert my kids’ information, do you see any issue or any mistake that I made?

After creating the profile, when I logged in, just my wife name is there as a dependent.
This part of the process is just for you to get the ITA. Therefore, they ask you how much people are in your family to calculate the money needed for FSW. Once it is that you have the right number of family members, when you get your ITA you will then be requested to provide the information that matched your application. At that time you will get the forms to enter your kids information.

Kevin Kav

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
This part of the process is just for you to get the ITA. Therefore, they ask you how much people are in your family to calculate the money needed for FSW. Once it is that you have the right number of family members, when you get your ITA you will then be requested to provide the information that matched your application. At that time you will get the forms to enter your kids information.
Thanks A lot

Reactions: viprewind

Sarapgw

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
I am wondering about score for relatives in Canada. Does it have to be blood related sibling? I have my mom's brother who is a Canadian citizen. Can I get score for that?

vinnn

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
I am wondering about score for relatives in Canada. Does it have to be blood related sibling? I have my mom's brother who is a Canadian citizen. Can I get score for that?
it have to be a first blood relative and you get 15 CRS points for that

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
You cant get point from parents brother and sis, according to this:

Points for siblings in Canada
You can now earn 15 additional points if you (or your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada) have a brother or sister who is:
  • living in Canada and
  • a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
To get these points, the brother or sister must also be
  • 18 years old or older
  • related by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
I have query regarding job reference letter.
My current employer does not have a policy to provide these kinds of specific letters.
I have change two roles within the same organization. My previous reporting manager is no longer with the company and for various reasons, I do not want to ask my current report manager for this kind of letter.
Can I ask my colleagues to share the job reference letter? Does the lettler have to be from a reporting manager?

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
New Express Entry Stream coming in 2018
The new year will also see the introduction of Alberta’s two new provincial nomination streams — the Alberta Opportunity Stream and the Alberta Express Entry Stream.

The Alberta Opportunity Stream will combine the current Employer-Driven Stream and Strategic Recruitment Stream and 11 sub-categories and consolidate them under one set of eligibility criteria.

The Alberta Express Entry Stream will allow the AINP to nominate a limited number of candidates in the federal government’s Express Entry pool, which includes candidates from the federal government’s three economic immigration classes — the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), the Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

Express Entry candidates who receive a nomination through the Alberta Express Entry Stream receive an additional 600 Comprehensive Ranking System points and an Invitation To Apply for Canadian permanent residence in a subsequent Express Entry draw.

In order to be considered under the Alberta Express Entry Stream, candidates must have a profile in the Express Entry pool.

When it announced the creation of the Alberta Opportunities and the Alberta Express Entry-aligned streams in October, the Government of Alberta also noted a number of projected labour shortages in the following sectors and occupations that will need to be addressed over the coming years:

• nurse supervisors and registered nurses (shortage of 5,434 workers by 2025)
  • medical technologists and technicians (shortage of 2,322 workers by 2025)
  • computer and information systems professionals (shortage of 1,426 workers by 2025)
  • managers in construction and transportation (shortage of 1,386 workers by 2025)
  • sales and service supervisors (shortage of 1,145 workers by 2025)