Jakilee

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

Quick one, about to dive into the pool at 441, just a quick question. My Bachelor degree is in engineering, not just engineering but a (Bachelor of Engineering). My issue is all my four years experience in two companies are in NOC 1112 (Financial Analyst). Will the career and education mismatch be an issue for me at any point? I have reference letter already for both employment.

PS: Also a CFA level III candidate.

Thanks.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Can anyone please solve a query.
Wes report says
1st page
Canadian equivalency - bachelors degree (recognised)
2nd page
Canadian equivalency - post graduation from non recognised institute.
Remarks - the credential is not comparable to completed Canadian education.
A bit confused.
The remark is for overall evaluation or just post grad??
Any response would be helpful
2nd page remark is for the post grad only. You won't be able to claim points for it since ECA in the post grad case is not granted.

You have ECA for Bachelor's only.

I had the same situation and I ended up not reading the remark altogether and filed our application incorrectly because of that.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! Yes, it definitely is a relief to have been able to submit for OINP, given that my CRS will be dropping below 400 soon. Unfortunately all 2017 nominations were filled on November 22, so none of us will be receiving nomination until at least January, and I am praying that mine will come through in January.

A few people have highly recommended Montreal to me, although one person did say that I could feel a bit out of place without decent French proficiency. But yes, I might just visit before I'm a citizen.

Hit me up if you end up coming to New York during your US trip. :)
Just so you know, even if Ontario has the 400 points requirement, there is one exception there. If because of your age you will drop below 400 and it will happen between your OINP application and nomination, you will still get your PNP and you can use your ITA after that. Check the manual and their page update for more details.
Montreal might not be the best idea without French. Simple reason for that is, that for whatever opened positions there where French is not an essential requirement, there is rather fierce competition. Plus for most opening where you are either required to speak with a customer or with a senior management French is required
Good luck.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello seniors ,
I have created my EE profile today and came up with CRS 418. I have 95 in age and IELTS (L 8/ R 7.5/S 7/W 7)
My spouse has IELTS 6.5 band and he is going to appear again. With his IELTS 8 band we will land to 426. I will move to next age year on 30th May. We both have Bachelor degree. How do you see our chances before May end with 426 and ways to improve our score? Do I have IELTS retry for Band 8.5 + and PNP are the only options left? Please guide.
1 year of post secondary studies will get you additional 30+ points. With that you could get full transferability points (for 2 post secondary diplomas) and the same for education itself.
Studies do not have to be related to each other and neither do they have to be related to your current NOC.

Other alternative is to go for French language. If that is mastered, it can give you 30+ points.
Yes all of that takes at least 1 year to accomplish - which means -5 points for age, but at the end you will gain more points.
Ideally is to combine both options and cash out even more points.
Other option is to go to study in Canada
And of course other is to go after PNP. Several will open during next year, you just need to be quick to apply for one of them.

Good luck

jessekay

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
Usually, People make mistake or misunderstand the question. Specifically regarding education. if you have two degree make sure select option of two or more degree instead of adding Bachelor which might be the highest qualification
What if the second degree is not recognised by wes.
Do we still choose two or more degrees?
Would that not be misrepresentarion?

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
What if the second degree is not recognised by wes.
Do we still choose two or more degrees?
Would that not be misrepresentarion?
You cannot choose two or more degrees if one course does not have clear equivalency granted. That would be misrepresentation.

jessekay

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
2nd page remark is for the post grad only. You won't be able to claim points for it since ECA in the post grad case is not granted.

You have ECA for Bachelor's only.

I had the same situation and I ended up not reading the remark altogether and filed our application incorrectly because of that.
Thanx bud.
I entered post grad details but chose equivalency as none from the beginning.I guess , I am on the safer side.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Thanx bud.
I entered post grad details but chose equivalency as none from the beginning.I guess , I am on the safer side.
You did the right thing. I know losing points is a bummer and I totally relate with the disappointment. Good luck!

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Hello everyone,
I'd one doubt regarding job reference letter. I read on few threads here that in case the employer is not issuing the letter in correct format or not issuing anything at all, we could obtain a notarized letter from a colleague who can provide his/her visiting card for authentication.
Could anyone confirm if this could be from a colleague or do we need this from the manager/supervisor in specific?

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hello everyone,
I'd one doubt regarding job reference letter. I read on few forums here that in case the employer is not issuing the letter in correct format or not issuing anything at all, we could obtain a notarized letter from a colleague who can provide his/her visiting card for authentication.
Could anyone confirm if this could be from a colleague or do we need this from the manager/supervisor in specific?
Your first option would be to get the notarized letter from your supervisor along with supporting documents like his card, screen shot of company hierarchy which shows you report to him etc. In case its not available, you can get it from a peer with similar supporting docs.

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Your first option would be to get the notarized letter from your supervisor along with supporting documents like his card, screen shot of company hierarchy which shows you report to him etc. In case its not available, you can get it from a peer with similar supporting docs.
Screen shot of the company hierarchy? This might be impossible in case of my ex-employers as it would no longer exist in the system anywhere. Is this mandatory?

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
Hello @tjsecondtry @andieangel @pessacanada @astralsource @Wandering Mind @sundar17feb99 @lino82 @trumprefugee @AlliBatista @abhishek_89 @TanakaM @GavinSouthAfrica @SGtoCAD @Lala1234 and all fellow aspirants

Pls forgive if i have missed any name

Just wanted to update you all that i got nominated by Nova Scotia

Thanks for all the support and knowledge

Good luck to all
Hey Buddy!! Thats absolutely wonderful news! Im so excited for you! And Thank you for sharing the wonderful news with us! it only brings more positive vibes this festive season! Wishing you a smooth process and speedy PPR!

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
Hi all,

I am feeling like the competition is soaring every second as the number of potential candidates are rising everyday. Do anyone of you feel the same, especially after the last weeks draw? i have seen the CRS allocation of November 30th and there were around 1950 candidates only above 450, however, by 6th of December the cutoff was seen to be 452 with 2750 ITA. A sudden rush of 800 applicants into the pool within 1 week, whose CRS is above 450 is quite alarming for people like us who are sitting on mid 430.

Anyway, what do you think guys? It does look like we might have to wait for quite some time now before getting our ITA :(
Hey buddy you're going to have this feeling for a while. First you feel like you're competing for ITA, then PPR. And when you land, you'll feel like you're competing for a job with other applicants. Its normal. This feeling probably won't dissolve till you feel you have settled down comfortably. My advice is to trust that you are doing everything right and trust the system.